Yep, Americans are so much more freer because of their guns

Okay, whatever, but I'm not interested in hearing an outsiders opinion regarding our gun rights.
Just sayin'.

No one's putting a gun to your head.
Except the government haha.
You know the same one that I assume you want to have threaten its own population for wanting to protect them selves.
"I'm gonna gonna protect you from violence with guns unless you have a gun and you want to protect yourself in which case I will protect you from you using the gun from me with a gun by using a gun."
sorry the irony is funny.

[
You know the same one that I assume you want to have threaten its own population for wanting to protect them selves.
"I'm gonna gonna protect you from violence with guns unless you have a gun and you want to protect yourself in which case I will protect you from you using the gun from me with a gun by using a gun."

Yeah, that's how it goes <rolls eyes>

[

Yeah, that's how it goes <rolls eyes>
me and 2aguy tried discussing this logically but you never even tried to refute our points so I might as well join you in venting emotion and kick debate to the curb.

The only variable that can explain the high rate of mass shootings in America is its astronomical number of guns.

<snip>
Americans make up about 4.4 percent of the global population but own 42 percent of the world’s guns. From 1966 to 2012, 31 percent of the gunmen in mass shootings worldwide were American.

<snip>
Rather, they found, in data that has since been repeatedly confirmed, that American crime is simply more lethal. A New Yorker is just as likely to be robbed as a Londoner, for instance, but the New Yorker is 54 times more likely to be killed in the process.

<snip>
Switzerland has the second-highest gun ownership rate of any developed country, about half that of the United States. Its gun homicide rate in 2004 was 7.7 per million people — unusually high, in keeping with the relationship between gun ownership and murders, but still a fraction of the rate in the United States.

Swiss gun laws are more stringent, setting a higher bar for securing and keeping a license, for selling guns and for the types of guns that can be owned. Such laws reflect more than just tighter restrictions. They imply a different way of thinking about guns, as something that citizens must affirmatively earn the right to own.

The United States is one of only three countries, along with Mexico and Guatemala, that begin with the opposite assumption: that people have an inherent right to own guns.

“In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate,” Dan Hodges, a British journalist, wrote in a post on Twitter two years ago. “Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”

What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer

Grump believes that only "da gubermint" should have guns. Democide accounts for the death of over 200 million unarmed people since 1900....mostly by communists. My right to exist on this planet and eek out an existence doesn't hinge on the bestowing of "privileges" that can be taken away at their whim. Given the fact that the "gubermint" we believe we have and what we actually have are two very different things and what they have planned for the serfs is something that they will not like? I would say that it is more important than ever for the citizenry to arm themselves and know how to defend themselves and their families. The commie leftard fucks can eat shit and die for all I care. They want to disarm the public then they need to put themselves out front for that "door to door" confiscation attempt.

Americans make up about 4.4 percent of the global population but own 42 percent of the world’s guns. From 1966 to 2012, 31 percent of the gunmen in mass shootings worldwide were American.

And if there was strict gun control , fugitive and criminal Americans would own 98% of the guns in America and the "normal" people would be essentially defenseless.

So other countries have more crime against "defenseless" people? Which doesn't happen.

It must almost make you choke on your own bile that a country with a population 1/10th the size of the US is much more universally respected and liked than the joke that has been the US for the past 8 months. What’s it like having a running joke as a president? Only in America I guess. And no, I’m not a Canuck…

A Brit then? At least Elton John picked a winning country to side with. Philadelphia Freedom !!!!

Obama's weakness has turned the world into chaos.
Truth is, the world LAUGHED at Obama and his moronic weakness.

So you're a jealous outsider, probably benefiting in some way off of American taxpayers hard work, condemning a man who wants to strengthen American and put American interests first. I see.

Well, I would guess that putting America first puts your greased behind and your gimmies at risk and THAT is your real problem with America AND Donald Trump.

I really have no sympathy whatsoever for imbeciles who threaten my personal freedom with their personal whiney ass unfounded gun fears and abject ignorance on topics of the wisdom of the founding fathers and mothers.

These are people who are such incredible , on their knees boot lickers that have absolutely no idea what they are begging for.

Even with the modern and ongoing example of Venezuela right before their eyes.

Ignorant fools in exponential magnitudes

[

A Brit then? At least Elton John picked a winning country to side with. Philadelphia Freedom !!!!

Obama's weakness has turned the world into chaos.
Truth is, the world LAUGHED at Obama and his moronic weakness.

So you're a jealous outsider, probably benefiting in some way off of American taxpayers hard work, condemning a man who wants to strengthen American and put American interests first. I see.

Well, I would guess that putting America first puts your greased behind and your gimmies at risk and THAT is your real problem with America AND Donald Trump.

No, Obama was universally liked and respected and has the US's best interest at heart.

Putting the US first will be your downfall. The world is an open market place. Get left behind and your peril.

I really have no sympathy whatsoever for imbeciles who threaten my personal freedom with their personal whiney ass unfounded gun fears and abject ignorance on topics of the wisdom of the founding fathers and mothers.

These are people who are such incredible , on their knees boot lickers that have absolutely no idea what they are begging for.

Personal freedom is so over rated.

And I don't mean your simplistic view of it either. You want personal freedom, go live on an isolated island. See how that suits you. Humans are, in the most part, community minded people. They live in communities - whether as a family tribe in the Amazon jungle, or one of 10+ million in greater NY - whether you like it or not. There has to be compromise if we are to get along. If not, as I said, fuck off and go live on an island.

And I don't mean your simplistic view of it either. You want personal freedom, go live on an isolated island. See how that suits you. Humans are, in the most part, community minded people. They live in communities - whether as a family tribe in the Amazon jungle, or one of 10+ million in greater NY - whether you like it or not. There has to be compromise if we are to get along. If not, as I said, fuck off and go live on an island.

You hit your limit of criticism real fast.
If you truly have this way of thinking then you literally scare me. How can you disregard human choice so little?

You hit your limit of criticism real fast.
If you truly have this way of thinking then you literally scare me. How can you disregard human choice so little?

I don't disregard human choice. Where have I done that. Don't mistake my dismissal of individual freedom in the context of a "Right-wing, US founding-father are Gods, the 2nd amendment is sacred as is the bill of rights" kinda way. I think they are archaic and were of their time.

I wonder if guns are symbols to some people as say cigarettes are symbols to the young? If so, what might be some of the symbols?

You want personal freedom, go live on an isolated island. See how that suits you.There has to be compromise if we are to get along. If not, as I said, fuck off and go live on an island.

comparing the idea that someone doesn't want the government in a particular "not all" area of their lives controlled to the desire to live by ones self on an island is insane. People who value Personal freedom still want social interactions of course! no one said that any instruction from another person is worth isolation from others you are making a straw man.

comparing the idea that someone doesn't want the government in a particular "not all" area of their lives controlled to the desire to live by ones self on an island is insane. People who value Personal freedom still want social interactions of course! no one said that any instruction from another person is worth isolation from others you are making a straw man.

So we want the same things. But the devil is in the details.

So we want the same things. But the devil is in the details.
Prove to me that politicians can make better decisions for families than the family themselves and I will honestly take your points of view and sleep on it.
Make me a believer in the all powerful state.

Prove to me that politicians can make better decisions for families than the family themselves and I will honestly take your points of view and sleep on it.
Make me a believer in the all powerful state.

Oh, they generally can't because they can't be held hostages to everybody's personal whims. That would be impossible....

The only variable that can explain the high rate of mass shootings in America is its astronomical number of guns.

<snip>

<snip>
Rather, they found, in data that has since been repeatedly confirmed, that American crime is simply more lethal. A New Yorker is just as likely to be robbed as a Londoner, for instance, but the New Yorker is 54 times more likely to be killed in the process.

<snip>
Switzerland has the second-highest gun ownership rate of any developed country, about half that of the United States. Its gun homicide rate in 2004 was 7.7 per million people — unusually high, in keeping with the relationship between gun ownership and murders, but still a fraction of the rate in the United States.

Swiss gun laws are more stringent, setting a higher bar for securing and keeping a license, for selling guns and for the types of guns that can be owned. Such laws reflect more than just tighter restrictions. They imply a different way of thinking about guns, as something that citizens must affirmatively earn the right to own.

The United States is one of only three countries, along with Mexico and Guatemala, that begin with the opposite assumption: that people have an inherent right to own guns.

“In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate,” Dan Hodges, a British journalist, wrote in a post on Twitter two years ago. “Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”

What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer

It ain't the lone gunmen that we have to fear it is those who recommend we turn in our guns. You know, like Nazi Germany or any other tyrannical government that is afraid of its own citizens because they are individuals that are armed acting in concert with the mindset to thwart constrictions on individual freedom...... Freedom is not free. We have paid for our freedom in blood and must be able to defend it from government, criminals, crime syndicates, gangs, etc. That is what the 2nd amendment is all about. Citizens protecting their own freedom. It's really basic.

Last edited:
It ain't the lone gunmen that we have to fear it is those who recommend we turn in our guns. You know, like Nazi Germany or any other tyrannical government that is afraid of its own citizens because they are individuals that are armed acting in concert with the mindset to thwart constrictions on individual freedom...... Freedom is not free. We have paid for our freedom in blood and must be able to defend it from government, criminals, crime syndicates, gangs, etc. That is what the 2nd amendment is all about. Citizens protecting their own freedom. It's really basic.

And to me that is a false argument. Most people - including Dems - don't mind guns, it's the type. The other thing is that the vast majority of gun rights' activists are ex military. I doubt very much the military would do anything of the sort if asked to. It would be a civil war and I think it is like those who talk about gay marriage leading to people marrying animals. Taking things to the nth degree doesn't help and argument, it just makes people look silly.

As for the last part, if you live in a civilised society you have mechanisms in place to take care of those things. You country is awash with guns and yet you are no more free than I.

Forum List

Back