YES! No evictions!! How we benefit from Bidens move

If you would do your research, you would find that our schools have a wide gap in funding between the big liberal cities and on the coasts when compared to flyover country. You also cannot compare the US to other countries because provide bus services to school not found in most of the world, which relies on public transportation. We also pay teacher's medical, which is not found anywhere with "universal healthcare". Other counries do not fund special education to the level anywhere near what we do in this country.

My school district in Florida supposedly had $11,000 per student average. The actual number was just over $4000.

For example, I had a student that required continuous medical monitoring by a registered nurse. He had a computer controlled wheelchair and voice synthesizer in order to communicate. Guess who paid that nurse's salary, paid for the wheelchair and computer system, not to mention a special education bus to transport him? The school did out of the total school funding. Why did we do this? He was a teenaged version of Stephen Hawking! He was an incredible mind trapped in a body that barely functioned. I loved that kid!

The point I was making is that throwing more money at the problem won't help very much. When somebody from another country tells me we don't "fund our schools enough" is rather insulting given how much we do spend.

Now as for financial inequity, I believe if you took kids from an upper-class neighborhood, and put them in these lower funded schools, they would continue to be good students. While at the same time, if you took those kids in lower-income areas, and sent them to those upper-middle-class areas to attend school, their grades won't be that much different either.

Money is not the solution to this problem.

Perhaps, but I think the reason public school parents don't care as much is because schools are taxpayer funded. Okay, I'm willing to do my part to help, but over half my taxes go to our school system that me nor any of my tenants have had kids in. In the meantime, the lady down the street pays half of what I pay and has four kids there. Yes, my sister was motivated because she had to pay cash for her kids education. Whether you think that's sad or not, if it worked, then perhaps it would work for parents that had to do the same with public schools, just on a much smaller level.
I said if that was the only reason, then it was sad.

You made a blanket statement and I corrected it. That's all.

The point I was making is that throwing more money at the problem won't help very much. When somebody from another country tells me we don't "fund our schools enough" is rather insulting given how much we do spend.

Now as for financial inequity, I believe if you took kids from an upper-class neighborhood, and put them in these lower funded schools, they would continue to be good students. While at the same time, if you took those kids in lower-income areas, and sent them to those upper-middle-class areas to attend school, their grades won't be that much different either.

Money is not the solution to this problem.
I agree 100%!

I haven't read all of the posts here yet, but just from the OP, you are either trolling for shits and giggles or are very young and think you know it all. But because I'm a landlord myself, I'll play.

Now if you were my tenant and did as you said above, I can still file an eviction against you. It can't be exercised until the ban is canceled, but the eviction would still be judged in the case. Secondly, I can also sue you for back rent owed. I can sue you while you still live there, and I can sue you when I throw you out. Eviction protection does not mean payment protection. Bank the money? Well, you can. But one of my options to reclaim my losses is to have your bank account frozen. The court will not allow it to open back up until you pay the court the settlement in the case, and that money is forwarded to me. Your only option at that point would be to try and get a loan to make that payment to me.

So tell your "friends" they are not as slick as they think. Much smarter people couldn't find a way to game the system either.

We had two rental properties years ago...

Never again...never, it was a headache

We had two rental properties years ago...

Never again...never, it was a headache

Agreed. This type of business is not for everybody. Some people get into it thinking their only challenges is collecting the rent and paying the bills. Cities and states think all landlords are sitting on a pile of cash naked and rolling around in it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do, but it's almost a full-time job and you have to love it in order to make it work.

I haven't been on a vacation in 30 years or more. I'm retired now, but when I was working, I spent all my vacation time at home catching up on projects I couldn't get to. At the age of 61, I have yet to see an ocean in my life outside of television or the window of an airplane. Now I'm not complaining. I signed onto this. What I object to is when government believes my investment is a social obligation to the public, and they can tell me what I can charge for rent, who I must keep as a tenant, and who I can throw out.

Welcome to the progressive wonderland you want so much.

You got it good and hard.

Actually, it was $400.00. It wasn't a big deal. I just wanted him out of the building so I could sell it. He wasn't even the primary lease holder. His sister was my tenant for 10 years, she moved, but let her no-account brother stay and I had to evict him.

Again, this is a move of Biden's I'm not sure is helping all that much.

Obviously, that was a value that was overinflated, so in addition to loans being granted to people who otherwise would not have qualified, properties were overpriced which prompted a market correction.

In the case of the person in this thread, stiffing his landlord, when he attempts to purchase a home, the question of how he obtained the down payment will arise, and when it is seen that he didn't pay his rent, yet has the monetary resources for 10 to 20% down, that will be a red flag to any lending institution.

I truly do not feel that will work in his favor as a potential buyer.

Actually, here's the thing. Thanks to Trump's idiotic tax reform bill, a lot of people who used to buy homes are finding it's not really worth it so much anymore, because they can't deduct interests and taxes on their Schedule A unless they own a really expensive home, so they might as well rent. I'm in the middle of a Condo deconversion because the units here aren't worth buying as investments at this point.

I suspect the person in the OP is never going to try to buy a home, if he is serious. He might use the money he is stiffing his landlord with to pay off his student loans.

I did. I filed it with the eviction. After it was ruled in my favor, I filled out the form for wage garnishment of my former tenant. I got two checks a month from the court for a year until every dime, plus my legal and personal costs were paid in full. No problem except the wait for all the money.

Actually, the total was $400.00, and frankly, it was more of just getting him out of the building so I could sell it.

So tell your "friends" they are not as slick as they think. Much smarter people couldn't find a way to game the system either.

And Ray knows, he's an expert at gaming systems.

Depending on your age, different time--different place. Like you when I was young, you were focused on getting your own apartment or house. It was our number one priority for most of us.

However at the time there was what was called the generation gap. Parents and kids were very different from each other. Parents were much more strict as to what went on in their household. When my generation had kids, they formed more of a friendship relationship with their kids instead of a parent/ child one. Kids like the idea of staying at home until they are 40, and the parents welcome it.

Probably has more to do with kids not being able to get a middle class lifestyle right out of College like their parents did... but never mind.

Some posters think our labor force is destroyed? Never has this nation had such highly productive skilled workers. You want people to work then pay enough to attract them. These crybaby employers who cry they can't find workers need to look in the mirror for the cause of the problem. They are not owed good workers, or any workers for that matter.

Probably has more to do with kids not being able to get a middle class lifestyle right out of College like their parents did... but never mind.

Even out of college or trade school, you're still a rookie and won't make the big money until you get experience. The problem is kids choose the easiest courses to take and prepare themselves for jobs that there are few if any of. My nephews ex went to college for advertising. She works at a bank helping to process loans today. I knew one girl I had the hots for years ago that went to college for two years of photography. She got a job as a receptionist at a television repair place. My niece was at the top of her class when she graduated with a biology degree. She ended up waiting tables at a restaurant in Florida.

Actually, here's the thing. Thanks to Trump's idiotic tax reform bill, a lot of people who used to buy homes are finding it's not really worth it so much anymore, because they can't deduct interests and taxes on their Schedule A unless they own a really expensive home, so they might as well rent. I'm in the middle of a Condo deconversion because the units here aren't worth buying as investments at this point.

It has nothing to do with taxes. Younger and middle-aged people just don't want to deal with the problems of home ownership: what to do if the roof is leaking, replacing a hot water tank, large tree limb coming down right across the drive from a major storm. With our divorce rates, single women too don't want the headache. Most are not handy at fixing much of anything and home ownership requires you to buy a bunch of tools and learn how to do these things.

My sister had a beautiful home my father built for her. All quality material, natural wood fireplace in the family room, her backyard overlooked a wooded ravine where she could watch the deer and wild turkeys from her screened in patio. She sold it and moved to a townhouse, not nearly as beautiful as the house she left. She didn't have time to tend to the yard, to deal with snow removal, fixing things because my father is too old to help her any longer.

So??? Once I buy a house who cares, they cant arrest me just because Shady Pines Apartments says I owe them rent from 2 years ago
But the apartment owner can get you in court and collect the past due rent, interest and court costs, and once that gets on your credit report any money you borrow will cost you more. That's a dangerous game you're playing with very real consequences.

That disappeared when the rest of the world restored their manufacturing bases after WWII and will never return. Basically, you're pining for things to be like they were in the 1950's. Hmmm, sounds familiar....

That disappeared when the rest of the world restored their manufacturing bases after WWII and will never return. Basically, you're pining for things to be like they were in the 1950's. Hmmm, sounds familiar....

OCD and I have discussions all the time. You hit the nail on the head. He refuses to believe that you can't go back to some things.

Manufacturing can return if the companies want to pay considerably more than overseas labor. But if a company it truly american it will happily do that.

Ok so not that I necessarily am doing this but friends are. They wont cancel student loans so whatever.....

They cant evict you. DONT pay rent. I haven’ in like a year. SAVE that money. An eviction is bad on credit. SOOOOO just ride it til the final month then just move out voluntarily, pay the original break contract fee.

You bank thousands of dollars and no eviction on record. Thank you President Biden, landlords have abused and oppressed us for centuries, its past time we have universal housing
Landlords have abused tenants? No, tenants have been stiffing landlirds for years, and here you are openly encouraging more of it. Where is your god damn integrity? You singed an agreement, he supplied the house, and you stiff him?

Youre a fucking douche.

So please explain how you can get so behind on rent when there are 9 million jobs available right now, a huge labor shortage, and nearly 6.0% unemployment. If you answer Democrat, then you win the cupie doll.
1. jobs that don't pay a wage that's attractive enough.
2. low paying jobs in some other region.
3. False unemployment rate from government.
4. Jobs that don't provide HC.

You did say please. But I don't think you really wanted to know. We'll see how you deal with those answers.
Can you think of any more please?

Manufacturing can return if the companies want to pay considerably more than overseas labor. But if a company it truly american it will happily do that.
How silly is that?
None 'want' to pay high wages and most aren't capable of staying viable with higher wages.

But what a great example you are of a propagandized and shrunken head!

Well then, I suggest you come here and start a business. You find a company who doesn't pay a living wage, and when you open up your company, pay your employees whatever you consider a living wage. How much you want to bet your company will close down in less than a year?

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union is offering their retirees $500.00 if they can find young people to join the trade. They can't find young people willing to do the job. Yes, it's hard work, but it pays in the area of $50.00 an hour, and you go on unemployment all winter because you can't lay brick in the snow. The union can't find people that can pass a drug test to take these jobs.

My former career is in need of tens of thousands of drivers they can't find. There too you can make a pretty good living depending on what kind of work you're willing to do. We needed these drivers before, during and after covid. Still can't find them for anything. This was before the virus hit, but I kept it as an example of the kind of money you can make:

So don't tell me there aren't any good jobs here. We have plenty if you're energetic enough to do them.
You've almost convinced me that Americans are lazy bums who don't want to work. That's what you're trying to do right?

I've offered some 'other' reasons for the problem but you're choosing to ignore them. Do you have anything more that can convince me that Americans are lazy bums who just don't want to work?

Forum List

Back