Yes Seattle...minimum wage = minimum opportunities for pay and jobs...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep....you were told....but you could not have cared less....

Minimum Wage, Maximum Ignorance

Accounting for these factors, the average increase in total earnings due to the minimum wage was small, the researchers concluded. Using their preferred method, they calculated that workers’ earnings increased by $5.54 a week on average because of the minimum wage. Using other methods, the researchers found that the minimum wage hike actually caused total weekly earnings to drop — by as much as $5.22 a week. . .

If employers cannot stay in business while paying their staff more, they will either hire fewer people or give their workers fewer hours. As a result, even if wages per hour increase, workers’ total earnings could decline. . .

upload_2016-7-29_21-13-49.jpeg

Meet Barry, Michelle, Hillary and Bill.

If you paid $15/hr., one of a couple of things happened.

1. If your pricing was inelastic ( an economic term), you reduced the number of employees or cut hours.
2. If you could adjust pricing and had good demand you could pay the higher wage.
3. If you could not adjust pricing or create enough cash flow with reduced hours, the business closed.

Nobody should apply for those jobs. Leave then vacant.

Not to worry. The jobs aren't going to Americans anyway. McDonald is an undocumented alien and refugee sponsor.

How did you know that? Just because they look foreigners that doesn't mean they are illegals.
They are getting paid around $9. You should be asking what happened to the young kids that used work there.

Not to worry. The jobs aren't going to Americans anyway. McDonald is an undocumented alien and refugee sponsor.

How did you know that? Just because they look foreigners that doesn't mean they are illegals.
They are getting paid around $9. You should be asking what happened to the young kids that used work there.

The thing is Democrats like you don't care if they are illegals.

That's a lie....... Are you saying that only democrat like to make money? People like me are *IMPOSSIBLE* to hire illegals.
I have couple of friends that own several McDonald's franchises here in California. One simple phone call to immigration or labor department and they are in to a big trouble. I hope you are aware of that.

That's a lie....... Are you saying that only democrat like to make money? People like me are *IMPOSSIBLE* to hire illegals.
I have couple of friends that own several McDonald's franchises here in California. One simple phone call to immigration or labor department and they are in to a big trouble. I hope you are aware of that.

Have you made that call? Based on your statement, the answer is no. I hope you are aware that by not having done so you're proving the statement made above about not caring if they are illegals. If you did, you would have made a phone call already and not say IF.

Have you made that call? Based on your statement, the answer is no. I hope you are aware that by not having done so you're proving the statement made above about not caring if they are illegals. If you did, you would have made a phone call already and not say IF.

I know 100% that they don't hire illegals........ So Why in the world I would make a phone call to labor dept. or immigration?

I know this is long but it's important to understand what is happening to us.
Under the president’s new amnesty, businesses will have a $3,000-per-employee incentive to hire illegal immigrants over native-born workers because of a quirk of Obamacare.

President Obama’s temporary amnesty, which lasts three years, declares up to 5 million illegal immigrants to be lawfully in the country and eligible for work permits, but it still deems them ineligible for public benefits such as buying insurance on Obamacare’s health exchanges.

Under the Affordable Care Act, that means businesses who hire them won’t have to pay a penalty for not providing them health coverage — making them $3,000 more attractive than a similar native-born worker, whom the business by law would have to cover.

Officials representing over 100 corporate interests issued a letter to Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) demanding the legalization of 11 million illegal aliens and increased legal immigration through the creation of new visa programs. As these companies put it in their letter:

[W]e strongly support efforts to bolster the availability of a workforce at all skills levels, through a separate visa program as well as by creating a path to legal status for those already here.

The companies include well-known names like Hallmark Cards, Disney, CVS, the Cheesecake Factory, American Airlines, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Coca-Cola, T-Mobile, AT&T, UPS, Rubbermaid, and McCormick spices — just to name a few examples.

These companies cite a recent Congressional Budget Office report, arguing that the Senate bill would grow the economy. They conveniently left out the CBO estimate that even though the amnesty might make the economy larger, it would simultaneously make American workers poorer by lowering the wages of American workers for a decade or more. The companies claim the bill is an “opportunity to level the playing field for U.S. employers” but it is more of an effort to level the wages of American citizens.

The names of the companies pushing to amnesty illegal aliens, double legal immigration, and undermine immigration law enforcement are listed here:

The Cheesecake Factory, Inc.
CVS Caremark Corporation
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
McDonald’s Corporation
The Wendy’s Company
The Walt Disney Company
The Coca-Cola Company
Johnson & Johnson
American Express Company
21st Century Fox
Darden Restaurants, Inc (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and others)
Liberty Mutual Group, Inc.
Allstate Insurance Company
Western Union
Northwestern Mutual
American Airlines Inc.
Motorola Solutions, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Company (wide range of well-known home and beauty brands)
Newell Rubbermaid Inc.
AT&T Inc.
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Caterpillar Inc.
The ADT Corporation
Pfizer Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Company
United Parcel Service, Inc.
General Electric Company
Verizon Communications Inc.
Marriott International, Inc.
Hilton Worldwide
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Eaton
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
BNSF Railway Company
Shell Oil Company
General Mills, Inc. (many well-known food brands)
Ingram Industries Inc.
Kronos Incorporated
Ingersoll Rand Company
General Parts Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
United Technologies Corporation
Harris Corporation
Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Sears Holdings Corporation
USG Corporation
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Ally Financial Inc.
US Foods
Univar, Inc.
Kiewit Corporation
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Avery Dennison Corporation
Humana Inc.
Novelis, Inc.
The Williams Companies, Inc.
Avaya Inc.
Computer Sciences Corporation
Honeywell International Inc.
International Paper Company
Dover Corporation
Danaher Corporation
TRW Automotive
Analog Devices, Inc.
Ecolab, Inc.
Avnet, Inc.
White Lodging Corporation
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.
Simon Property Group
Daikin McQuay Americas
Continental Grain Company
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Hospira, Inc.
Cigna Corporation
The ServiceMaster Company
Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
Bloomin’ Brands Inc.
Fiserv, Inc.
Carolinas HealthCare System
SRA International
Emerson
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Saint-Gobain Corporation
General Dynamics Corporation
A. O. Smith Corporation
Praxair, Inc.
HCA Inc.
Eastman Chemical Company
ManpowerGroup
Fifth Third Bank
Pitney Bowes Inc.
Express Scripts, Inc.
Cardinal Health, Inc.
Aleris International, Inc.
DTE Energy Company
U.S. Steel Corporation
Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
Cargill, Incorporated
Assurant, Inc.
XL Global Services, Inc
Texas Instruments Incorporated
ATK
WESCO International

Individual Restaurants:

Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Longhorn Steakhouse
Seasons 52
The Capital Grille
Bahama Breeze
Eddie V’s,
Yard House
Wendy’s
Dunkin’ Donuts
Domino’s Pizza
Denny’s
Waffle House
McDonald’s
Church’s Chicken
White Castle
Cracker Barrel
Texas Roadhouse
IHOP
Applebee’s
Chili’s
Maggiano’s brands
Jack in the Box

Boycott: List of Companies Pushing for Amnesty for Illegal Aliens - Patriot Net Daily

It is happening right under our noses. The Americas, everyone welcome but Americans:

250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

FU Disney.

I know this is long but it's important to understand what is happening to us.
Under the president’s new amnesty, businesses will have a $3,000-per-employee incentive to hire illegal immigrants over native-born workers because of a quirk of Obamacare.

President Obama’s temporary amnesty, which lasts three years, declares up to 5 million illegal immigrants to be lawfully in the country and eligible for work permits, but it still deems them ineligible for public benefits such as buying insurance on Obamacare’s health exchanges.

Under the Affordable Care Act, that means businesses who hire them won’t have to pay a penalty for not providing them health coverage — making them $3,000 more attractive than a similar native-born worker, whom the business by law would have to cover.

Officials representing over 100 corporate interests issued a letter to Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) demanding the legalization of 11 million illegal aliens and increased legal immigration through the creation of new visa programs. As these companies put it in their letter:

[W]e strongly support efforts to bolster the availability of a workforce at all skills levels, through a separate visa program as well as by creating a path to legal status for those already here.

The companies include well-known names like Hallmark Cards, Disney, CVS, the Cheesecake Factory, American Airlines, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Coca-Cola, T-Mobile, AT&T, UPS, Rubbermaid, and McCormick spices — just to name a few examples.

These companies cite a recent Congressional Budget Office report, arguing that the Senate bill would grow the economy. They conveniently left out the CBO estimate that even though the amnesty might make the economy larger, it would simultaneously make American workers poorer by lowering the wages of American workers for a decade or more. The companies claim the bill is an “opportunity to level the playing field for U.S. employers” but it is more of an effort to level the wages of American citizens.

The names of the companies pushing to amnesty illegal aliens, double legal immigration, and undermine immigration law enforcement are listed here:

The Cheesecake Factory, Inc.
CVS Caremark Corporation
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
McDonald’s Corporation
The Wendy’s Company
The Walt Disney Company
The Coca-Cola Company
Johnson & Johnson
American Express Company
21st Century Fox
Darden Restaurants, Inc (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and others)
Liberty Mutual Group, Inc.
Allstate Insurance Company
Western Union
Northwestern Mutual
American Airlines Inc.
Motorola Solutions, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Company (wide range of well-known home and beauty brands)
Newell Rubbermaid Inc.
AT&T Inc.
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Caterpillar Inc.
The ADT Corporation
Pfizer Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Company
United Parcel Service, Inc.
General Electric Company
Verizon Communications Inc.
Marriott International, Inc.
Hilton Worldwide
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Eaton
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
BNSF Railway Company
Shell Oil Company
General Mills, Inc. (many well-known food brands)
Ingram Industries Inc.
Kronos Incorporated
Ingersoll Rand Company
General Parts Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
United Technologies Corporation
Harris Corporation
Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Sears Holdings Corporation
USG Corporation
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Ally Financial Inc.
US Foods
Univar, Inc.
Kiewit Corporation
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Avery Dennison Corporation
Humana Inc.
Novelis, Inc.
The Williams Companies, Inc.
Avaya Inc.
Computer Sciences Corporation
Honeywell International Inc.
International Paper Company
Dover Corporation
Danaher Corporation
TRW Automotive
Analog Devices, Inc.
Ecolab, Inc.
Avnet, Inc.
White Lodging Corporation
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.
Simon Property Group
Daikin McQuay Americas
Continental Grain Company
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Hospira, Inc.
Cigna Corporation
The ServiceMaster Company
Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
Bloomin’ Brands Inc.
Fiserv, Inc.
Carolinas HealthCare System
SRA International
Emerson
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Saint-Gobain Corporation
General Dynamics Corporation
A. O. Smith Corporation
Praxair, Inc.
HCA Inc.
Eastman Chemical Company
ManpowerGroup
Fifth Third Bank
Pitney Bowes Inc.
Express Scripts, Inc.
Cardinal Health, Inc.
Aleris International, Inc.
DTE Energy Company
U.S. Steel Corporation
Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
Cargill, Incorporated
Assurant, Inc.
XL Global Services, Inc
Texas Instruments Incorporated
ATK
WESCO International

Individual Restaurants:

Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Longhorn Steakhouse
Seasons 52
The Capital Grille
Bahama Breeze
Eddie V’s,
Yard House
Wendy’s
Dunkin’ Donuts
Domino’s Pizza
Denny’s
Waffle House
McDonald’s
Church’s Chicken
White Castle
Cracker Barrel
Texas Roadhouse
IHOP
Applebee’s
Chili’s
Maggiano’s brands
Jack in the Box

Boycott: List of Companies Pushing for Amnesty for Illegal Aliens - Patriot Net Daily

It is happening right under our noses. The Americas, everyone welcome but Americans:

250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

FU Disney.

I understand and I hear you......... A smart ass dude keep saying will bring the jobs back. Who do you think will fill in those jobs? H1B people.
I hate to tell you this but it's not going to get better.

I know 100% that they don't hire illegals........ So Why in the world I would make a phone call to labor dept. or immigration?

You contradicted yourself. You said a phone call to immigration or the labor department would mean they're in big trouble. You then said you know they don't hire illegals. How would they be in big trouble with immigration is they don't hire illegals?

If you know 100%, prove it.

You contradicted yourself. You said a phone call to immigration or the labor department would mean they're in big trouble. You then said you know they don't hire illegals. How would they be in big trouble with immigration is they don't hire illegals?

If you know 100%, prove it.

Any company may it McDonald's or any establishment...... If you suspect that they have illegal employees ............. You or anybody can make simple call to immigration or labor dept. and they are in to a big trouble.......

What do you want me to prove? Prove that my friends don't hire illegals?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back