you and your money

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Wall Street Trims Losses Amid Global Growth Worries
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSOCT. 10, 2014
Business

Whenever demand for petroleum and oil weakens in China, Brazil, and India, the results affect our economy as well. I have never failed in moving money out of stocks for the short term when the $$$ per barrel dip under $92.

Tell the rest of us what you look for as signs to do something with your $$$.

Jake the normal price for a barrel of oil was between $70 and $80 for many years. Then suddenly we had sharp increase and later it went down some but returned to normal - due to inflation - the news source you used is not reporting accurately - I'd find another news source if I were you - I was looking at another article on there about Bill Maher and Islam and the author of article twice reported the Muslim population as 2.6 million! I was astounded at the inaccuracy of that report! 2.6 million? Who in the world do they think they are reporting to? Listen. prior to 9/11 - even in the 90's Ariana Fallaci in her book the Rage and the Pride reported Arab American Muslim population at 18 million and that is only the Arab Muslim population - not factoring in Asian, African American, Caucasian converts to Islam - listen - on census reports - the norm is for the Muslim population to report as Catholic - or some other faith - not Islam - that has been the pattern for decades - your news source is all wrong. Conservative estimates for total Muslim population in the USA is about 35 million Muslims right now. The report is totally false and I expect the one on the reason for oil prices dropping is as well. Here is a link to the report I found....

Why Oil Prices Are So High
Why Oil Prices Rose in 2011:

Crude oil prices reached a recent high of $113.93 on April 29, 2011. Prices had been increasing steadily since February 2009, when prices dropped to $39 a barrel. Prices hovered at a comfortable $70-$80 a barrel until late 2010. High oil prices translate tohigh gas prices. Petroleum is also an ingredient in fertilizer. This, combined with higher transportation costs, increases food prices. The forces driving high oil prices are similar to what happened when oil hit an all-time high in 2008.

The All-Time High Was $143.68 a Barrel in 2008

Jake the normal price for a barrel of oil was between $70 and $80 for many years. Then suddenly we had sharp increase and later it went down some but returned to normal - due to inflation - the news source you used is not reporting accurately - I'd find another news source if I were you - I was looking at another article on there about Bill Maher and Islam and the author of article twice reported the Muslim population as 2.6 million! I was astounded at the inaccuracy of that report! 2.6 million? Who in the world do they think they are reporting to? Listen. prior to 9/11 - even in the 90's Ariana Fallaci in her book the Rage and the Pride reported Arab American Muslim population at 18 million and that is only the Arab Muslim population - not factoring in Asian, African American, Caucasian converts to Islam - listen - on census reports - the norm is for the Muslim population to report as Catholic - or some other faith - not Islam - that has been the pattern for decades - your news source is all wrong. Conservative estimates for total Muslim population in the USA is about 35 million Muslims right now. The report is totally false and I expect the one on the reason for oil prices dropping is as well. Here is a link to the report I found....

Why Oil Prices Are So High
Why Oil Prices Rose in 2011:

Crude oil prices reached a recent high of $113.93 on April 29, 2011. Prices had been increasing steadily since February 2009, when prices dropped to $39 a barrel. Prices hovered at a comfortable $70-$80 a barrel until late 2010. High oil prices translate tohigh gas prices. Petroleum is also an ingredient in fertilizer. This, combined with higher transportation costs, increases food prices. The forces driving high oil prices are similar to what happened when oil hit an all-time high in 2008.

The All-Time High Was $143.68 a Barrel in 2008

For me, my wealth-building tool is income. I don't spend many moments being concerned about "stocks." I work, and I earn a decent income.

We realized by 2004 that a major recession/depression was inevitable with unregulated investment institutions chasing profits recklessly from opportunity to opportunity. We pulled our short term investments, built our capital, and then brought property after 2008 through the end of 2011. We have been living comfortably in our retirement since the end of 2012.

Another huge crash is coming, so say many experts. Seems likely to me, when our government and it's personal slush fund, the Fed, are destroying the currency.

I agree that a very loosely regulated business environment and currency will lead to unhappy endings.

Tell the rest of us what you look for as signs to do something with your $$$.

When Mrs. BBD says she would like to go shopping, it's a sure sign I need to do something with my money. I usually hand it over. It's easier that way.

I agree that a very loosely regulated business environment and currency will lead to unhappy endings.

Oh please, you want MORE government control, when government and big business are partners in the fleecing of America.

I will never understand you left wing statists. The evidence of government corrupting the economy is enormous and yet, you crazily want more of the very thing causing the damage.

Oh please, you want MORE government control, when government and big business are partners in the fleecing of America.

I will never understand you left wing statists. The evidence of government corrupting the economy is enormous and yet, you crazily want more of the very thing causing the damage.

Realistically, "statism" is a necessity in a nation of 300,000,000+. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but you can't have a dominant nation without a big degree of "statism." I would be personally be happy to live in a nation of 200,000 people with no imperialism at all.

You probably need to study how great nations got that way--it was always, ALWAYS with stong central governments.

Realistically, "statism" is a necessity in a nation of 300,000,000+. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but you can't have a dominant nation without a big degree of "statism." I would be personally be happy to live in a nation of 200,000 people with no imperialism at all.

You probably need to study how great nations got that way--it was always, ALWAYS with stong central governments.

You should realize that every nation in all human history, that developed a strong centralized government, always crumbled miserably. The USA will be no different as long as the people continue to grant a small elite too much power.

You should realize that every nation in all human history, that developed a strong centralized government, always crumbled miserably. The USA will be no different as long as the people continue to grant a small elite too much power.

Agreed.

The libertarians want to be the small elite with all the power.

I don't think that's necessarily true--but libertarians, in my experience, are not strongly social animals. They don't necessarily get along well with others, and they don't work very well on teams or in organized activity. That's why so many libertarians are "entrepreneurs;" entrepreneurs are notoriously bad employees.

I think most libertarians prefer to live in sparsely populated areas.

Forum List

Back