You can't make this up.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Fraud concerns linger over new Ill. license law - Yahoo! News

CHICAGO (AP) — As Illinois becomes the fourth and most populous state to give illegal immigrants permission to drive, nagging concerns remain about whether there are enough safeguards to avoid the identity fraud and other pitfalls other states faced.

Seriously

giving criminals a license to drive is giving them permission to do damn near anything.

like buy guns, and ship them home.

Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn signed Illinois' measure into law Sunday in Chicago. Backers, including Quinn, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and some of the state's top Republicans, tout it as a public-safety measure. They argue that required facial recognition technology is reliable enough to prevent fraud.

:lmao:

The fact that they are getting one in the first place is fraud.

However, the law's opponents have pointed to hundreds of fraudulent cases in New Mexico, Washington and Utah after those states began giving illegal immigrants permission to drive. Illinois will not require applicants to be fingerprinted, for fear that would discourage immigrants from applying.

government supported crime

What will you silly liberals come up with next?

Other States should tell them they won't honor the temp licenses and the illegals will be charged if caught driving in their States.

Other States should tell them they won't honor the temp licenses and the illegals will be charged if caught driving in their States.

That would be unconstitutional.

How so? And don't tell me because states have to honor the public acts of other states, because IL does not recognize my CHL. What's the difference?

How so? And don't tell me because states have to honor the public acts of other states, because IL does not recognize my CHL. What's the difference?

Well, I should actually clarify a bit. It would be unconstitutional in MOST but not all states. Interstate compacts between most states require those states to recognize the driver's licenses of the other states. If a state (that is part of such compact) simply decides to stop honoring some Ill. licenses, such would be a violation of the Supremacy clause. It's also likely a due process violation.

It could also be argued to violate the Privileges and Immunities clause. Creating special treatment for Ill. licenses will unduly burden citizens of Ill. in a way that is not applied to any other state. This is not like a CCW permit not being honored in a different state, because there is no requirement that the state honor ANY permit or license from other states. However, if a given state (let's say Ohio) honors the licenses of all other states, but singles out Ill for special restrictive treatment, then the citizens of Ill are not being afforded the same privileges and immunities that OH offers to residents of all other states.

I think its a good idea. If they speed or commit offences and get stopped, they'll be deported. Might draw them out into the open.

Well, I should actually clarify a bit. It would be unconstitutional in MOST but not all states. Interstate compacts between most states require those states to recognize the driver's licenses of the other states. If a state (that is part of such compact) simply decides to stop honoring some Ill. licenses, such would be a violation of the Supremacy clause. It's also likely a due process violation.

It could also be argued to violate the Privileges and Immunities clause. Creating special treatment for Ill. licenses will unduly burden citizens of Ill. in a way that is not applied to any other state. This is not like a CCW permit not being honored in a different state, because there is no requirement that the state honor ANY permit or license from other states. However, if a given state (let's say Ohio) honors the licenses of all other states, but singles out Ill for special restrictive treatment, then the citizens of Ill are not being afforded the same privileges and immunities that OH offers to residents of all other states.
so no other states can prevent criminals from driving through their state

thus making illegal, human trafficking easier.

I'm sure the illegal chicks on their way to a life of whoring will be glad to know that they will now get there quicker with no chance of being saved by the police.

I think its a good idea. If they speed or commit offences and get stopped, they'll be deported. Might draw them out into the open.

If you have a license, you can get a car, if you can get a car, you can get insurance, if you have insurance, the cop will ticket you for speeding and say; "Have a nice day."

Thus this idea makes it even harder to rid our country of criminals.

Illegals aren't citizens

I'm sure the illegal chicks on their way to a life of whoring will be glad to know that they will now get there quicker with no chance of being saved by the police.
I don't think interstate compacts apply to illegals.

I don't think interstate compacts apply to illegals.

Il circumvented the law.

the compact isn't with a person, it's with the states and their id's. So there isn't a fucking thing a cop in another state can or will do, since he has no evidence that that person is a criminal.

Just imagine election day. The latino vote has been bought and paid for.

Illegals aren't citizens

No. But citizenship will not be able to be determined beforehand. So, any such action will be applicable to actual citizens before the legals and illegals can be sorted out by the police of other states. So Ill. citizens will be affected in a way that withholds from them privileges and immunities that are granted to visiting citizens of other states.

Being an illegal immigrant isn't a crime, though. It's a civil matter.

:lmao:

Then why can you go to jail?

You can be detained and deported. Or released after they decide that they don't feel like bothering with it. But there is no criminal offense for being in the country illegally. It is a civil offense. Just like contempt of court, for which one can be incarcerated also.

Illegals aren't citizens

No. But citizenship will not be able to be determined beforehand. So, any such action will be applicable to actual citizens before the legals and illegals can be sorted out by the police of other states. So Ill. citizens will be affected in a way that withholds from them privileges and immunities that are granted to visiting citizens of other states.

Illegals don't have rights protected to citizens of any states no matter what privileges a state may grant them. If one state wants to give illegals driving privileges they can but other states do not have to allow those illegals the same privileges

Forum List

Back