You can't make this up.

Its the safest way to deal with the exsisting problem.

The vast majority of illegals are not here to do crimes they are here to find a living.

Spread some love for your fellow man instead of nothing but hate.

When they are allowed to drive legally they dont have to sneek arround and drive illegally to get to work and pick up the kids.

You want to solve the SS problem in a couple of years?

Bring in more of the tired and hungry yearing to be free.

SS will be fixed in no time.

just being here is a crime, thus the term 'illegal'.

Did you read the entire op? b/c it was clear there were vast issues, criminal issues, that every other state that did this has.

and what were the conditions that created the idea to allow them to drive legally?

Oh you dont care about the problems it solves huh

and you don't care about the problems it creates.

bottom line; illegals are illegal.

they shouldn't be picking up their kids from school b/c they shouldn't be going to school.

B/C they are illegals

Eventually Democrats will learn that their politicians are selling them out (in the same way Republicans have realized that their politicians are selling them out). Eventually a third party will form out of those ashes. Mark my words.

yyeeaahh

Im sure illegals will be lining up around the block to get an id that will get them arrested out of state.

or

We could work to rid ourselves of this illegal and stewpud law.

Just courious here. How would you propose we go about ridding ourselves of this law, since it is the state which created the law? Other states can't do it, so the only other source would be the federal government. Are you proposing the federal government impose its authority over a state's right to control its own licensing system?

I'd bet my bottom dollar that Il has the equivalent of a SCOTUS for states law.

and any law abiding group worth their salt will take them to court

Yes. There is a state supreme court. However, I don't believe this particular law violates the Illinois state constitution, so there would be no reason for the state supreme court to overturn it. I'm afraid you are back to the feds.

Keep in mind that this law you want people to abide by is not a state law. It's a federal law. So I have to go back to my original question. Are you proposing the federal government impose its authority over a state's right to control its own licensing system?

Just courious here. How would you propose we go about ridding ourselves of this law, since it is the state which created the law? Other states can't do it, so the only other source would be the federal government. Are you proposing the federal government impose its authority over a state's right to control its own licensing system?

Yes. There is a state supreme court. However, I don't believe this particular law violates the Illinois state constitution, so there would be no reason for the state supreme court to overturn it. I'm afraid you are back to the feds.

Keep in mind that this law you want people to abide by is not a state law. It's a federal law. So I have to go back to my original question. Are you proposing the federal government impose its authority over a state's right to control its own licensing system?

well, assuming you are correct.

Then people to take it to the SCOTUS then couldn't they?

No evul imposing, just the law.

Eventually Democrats will learn that their politicians are selling them out (in the same way Republicans have realized that their politicians are selling them out). Eventually a third party will form out of those ashes. Mark my words.

Your words have been marked.

Since "eventually" could mean eons, I'll bet you are right.

I wouldn't doubt they did this for revenue.

This will aid the illegals in taking more American jobs.

Of course to Obama they are not illegal. They were able to pass the only citizenship test required, able to swim the Rio Grande.

}sigh{

it's not just Mexicans

This also works for illegals from anywhere.

Like china or some ME country terrorist.

yeah, that's right, a terrorist can now rent a uhaul, fill it with explosive and.....

I maybe wrong here but isn't most of the illegal traffic coming from our southern, not northern border? Does not mean they are all Mexican, matter of fact I fear the Mexican less then those who are not.

Well, it is always "just the law." Remember the SCOTUS is the federal government and if it overturns a state law that is imposing. You used the word "evul", not me.

Now, I am not aware of anything in the US Constitution which says Illinois does not have the authority to do what they have done. So basically, this would be a question of federal law overshadowing state law. You are in favor of that, I have to assume.

Well, it is always "just the law." Remember the SCOTUS is the federal government and if it overturns a state law that is imposing. You used the word "evul", not me.

Now, I am not aware of anything in the US Constitution which says Illinois does not have the authority to do what they have done. So basically, this would be a question of federal law overshadowing state law. You are in favor of that, I have to assume.

I'm in favor of criminals not being coddled. or their lives being made easier.

Well, the only way for what you want to happen to actually happen is for federal law to overshadow state law. If federal law overshadows state law in conditions you want, it will also do so under conditions you don't want. We are really talking about tossing out state's rights. Either the state has the right to establish its own licensing standards, or it does not. You are arguing it does not. Do you really want to go down that path?

Within 20 years.

Within 20 years.

ooo

wanna make a bet?

If in 20 years there is no, truly legit, third party, you self ban for life from usmb.

if one shows, you get to put shit in my sig line for 20 years.

and by legit I mean number Two in popularity.

Well, the only way for what you want to happen to actually happen is for federal law to overshadow state law. If federal law overshadows state law in conditions you want, it will also do so under conditions you don't want. We are really talking about tossing out state's rights. Either the state has the right to establish its own licensing standards, or it does not. You are arguing it does not. Do you really want to go down that path?

uhm, this already happens and is how things work.

giving government servied to illegals should be illegal

Other States should tell them they won't honor the temp licenses and the illegals will be charged if caught driving in their States.

That would be unconstitutional.

Really? So someone who can legally smoke weed in Colorado can transport it thru Oklahoma on their way to Loiusiana to see family? Oklahoma and Loisuiana have to honor Colorado's weed laws? I don't think so.

Yes, we should arrest those criminals who risk their lives and freedom to maintain our lawns, clean our homes, pick our produce, build our houses and take care of our children.

Why how dare they?

God save us from neocons. They've wrecked the Republican Party and won't be happy until they finish off America.

Other States should tell them they won't honor the temp licenses and the illegals will be charged if caught driving in their States.

Really? So someone who can legally smoke weed in Colorado can transport it thru Oklahoma on their way to Loiusiana to see family? Oklahoma and Loisuiana have to honor Colorado's weed laws? I don't think so.

Heh. The 14th Amendment sucks out loud and should be repealed. It's doubtful that it was ever ratified, anyway.

uhm, this already happens and is how things work.

giving government servied to illegals should be illegal

Then we should do away with state licenses and have a national license system. That will take care of the problem.

Driving is a privilege you earn in this country. Along with that privilege comes the iD which grants you many other perks.

Bank robbers are going to rob banks anyways so should we just have bags of money prepared for them upon their arrival?

Worst of all voter fraud by illegals will run rampant with shit like this.

How so? And don't tell me because states have to honor the public acts of other states, because IL does not recognize my CHL. What's the difference?

Well, I should actually clarify a bit. It would be unconstitutional in MOST but not all states. Interstate compacts between most states require those states to recognize the driver's licenses of the other states. If a state (that is part of such compact) simply decides to stop honoring some Ill. licenses, such would be a violation of the Supremacy clause. It's also likely a due process violation.

It could also be argued to violate the Privileges and Immunities clause. Creating special treatment for Ill. licenses will unduly burden citizens of Ill. in a way that is not applied to any other state. This is not like a CCW permit not being honored in a different state, because there is no requirement that the state honor ANY permit or license from other states. However, if a given state (let's say Ohio) honors the licenses of all other states, but singles out Ill for special restrictive treatment, then the citizens of Ill are not being afforded the same privileges and immunities that OH offers to residents of all other states.

Good job, did ya notice I specified the temp licenses? If most states do not allow illegals driving privileges there is no reason they would have to recognize those who do. Criminal aliens don't have the same rights as citizens.

Forum List

Back