You Have To Keep Things Simple For Conservatives.

It's where the word "simpleton" comes from.

Simple things for "simpletons".

obama's word is about to be tested in California as they just passed the state's own "If you like it you can keep it" law. The insurance companies came back with telling the state that many of these policies are now illegal under federal law since they don't provide for newly mandated coverage, like maternity care for single men and women over 50.

This development will be very interesting.

liberals like truthseekerjoker will never get off their knees for this man and call everyone else stupid because they SEE he LIED to them

now you know why liberals are not LIKED SO MUCH

It's okay.. I'm simple minded myself. I'm dumb compared to most liberals.

Agreed, you are quite simple minded.
Prez Cracka lied and low info folks like you just can't beieve it

I agree I was dumb enough to vote for Bush the first time. Thank god I was smart enough not to vote for Romney.

Keep things simple for Conservatives, huh?

Well it seems to me we understood very well Barry's simple statements about if we like our plan or doctor we can keep them, PERIOD. What could be more simple than that?

The simpletons in this are the lefty clowns who buy Barry's current bullshit of what he now claims to have said instead. They're either stupid, blindly partisan, or just takers who don't want to upset the goodies gravy train and go along with anything regardless of how ridiculous.

You didn't build that!

Asthma Breathalyzers

If you like your plan, you can keep it! (unless I don't like it)

I'd say it's more simple-minded to refuse to acknowledge Obama has been less than truthful.

Your child-like naivete is charming...or it would be, if you didn't vote.

Nevertheless, it's time for you to grow up and face the facts:

Obama modified 'grandfathering' rules to benefit businesses | The Daily Caller
In June 2010, less than three months after Obamacare was signed into law, Health & Human Services released initial regulations regarding “grandfathering” of insurance plans, defining which types of existing plans could continue to exist without meeting the new law’s standards.

By HHS’s own admission, most of the 17 million people in the individual market would be forced into transitioning to new ACA-compliant plans “sooner rather than later.”

“The 17 million people who are covered in the individual health insurance market, where switching of plans and substantial changes in coverage are common, will receive the new protections of the Affordable Care Act sooner rather than later,” a press release from the time showed. “Roughly 40 percent to two-thirds of people in individual market policies normally change plans within a year. In the short run, individuals whose plan changes and is no longer grandfathered will gain access to free preventive services, protections against restricted annual limits, and patient protections such as improved access to emergency rooms.”

--

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:

“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”​
By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status.

--

Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not.

But as you admitted the other day, people who have to transition into an ACA compliant plan that doesn't cost them more, or may even cost them less,

have no complaint.

You didn't build that!

Asthma Breathalyzers

You didn't build that!

Obama shouldn't have stolen that from Mitt Romney. It was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

You didn't build that!

Asthma Breathalyzers

You didn't build that!

Obama didn't say that! Obama said that you didn't build your plan that you can keep, he meant that we all built the plan together and we can keep the plan together as long as it's a plan that's at least as good as Obama thinks we can build and keep

You didn't build that!

Asthma Breathalyzers

You didn't build that!

You're such a derp.
Romney didnt say olympians didnt make it on their own. Nor did Obama steal the line from Romney.
He did steal it from Elizabeth Warren, almost word for word.

I'd say it's more simple-minded to refuse to acknowledge Obama has been less than truthful.

Your child-like naivete is charming...or it would be, if you didn't vote.

Nevertheless, it's time for you to grow up and face the facts:

Obama modified 'grandfathering' rules to benefit businesses | The Daily Caller
In June 2010, less than three months after Obamacare was signed into law, Health & Human Services released initial regulations regarding “grandfathering” of insurance plans, defining which types of existing plans could continue to exist without meeting the new law’s standards.

By HHS’s own admission, most of the 17 million people in the individual market would be forced into transitioning to new ACA-compliant plans “sooner rather than later.”

“The 17 million people who are covered in the individual health insurance market, where switching of plans and substantial changes in coverage are common, will receive the new protections of the Affordable Care Act sooner rather than later,” a press release from the time showed. “Roughly 40 percent to two-thirds of people in individual market policies normally change plans within a year. In the short run, individuals whose plan changes and is no longer grandfathered will gain access to free preventive services, protections against restricted annual limits, and patient protections such as improved access to emergency rooms.”

--

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:

“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”​
By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status.

--

Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not.

But as you admitted the other day, people who have to transition into an ACA compliant plan that doesn't cost them more, or may even cost them less,

have no complaint.
Thank you, Mr. Obvious. :cool:

Meanwhile, are you still pretending those people are the majority? What makes you think they are?

Because, once again, here's an example:

Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare - ProPublica
I’ve been skeptical about media stories featuring those who claimed they would be worse off because their insurance policies were being canceled on account of the ACA. In many cases, it turns out, the consumers could have found cheaper coverage through the new health insurance marketplaces, or their plans weren’t very good to begin with. Some didn’t know they could qualify for subsidies that would lower their insurance premiums.

So I tried to find flaws in what Hammack told me. I couldn’t find any.

• The couple’s existing Kaiser plan was a good one.
  • Their new options were indeed more expensive, and the benefits didn’t seem any better.
  • They do not qualify for premium subsidies because they make more than four times the federal poverty level, though Hammack says not by much.
Hammack recalled his reaction when he and his wife received a letters from Kaiser in September informing him their coverage was being canceled. “I work downstairs and my wife had a clear look of shock on her face,” he said. “Our first reaction was clearly there’s got to be some mistake. This was before the exchanges opened up. We quickly calmed down. We were confident that this would all be straightened out. But it wasn’t.”

I asked Hammack to send me details of his current plan. It carried a $4,000 deductible per person, a $40 copay for doctor visits, a $150 emergency room visit fee and 30 percent coinsurance for hospital stays after the deductible. The out-of-pocket maximum was $5,600.

This plan was ending, Kaiser’s letters told them, because it did not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. “Everything is taken care of,” the letters said. “There’s nothing you need to do.”

The letters said the couple would be enrolled in new Kaiser plans that would cost nearly $1,300 a month for the two of them (more than $15,000 a year).

And for that higher amount, what would they get? A higher deductible ($4,500), a higher out-of-pocket maximum ($6,350), higher hospital costs (40 percent of the cost) and possibly higher costs for doctor visits and drugs.

When they shopped around and looked for a different plan on California's new health insurance marketplace, Covered California, the cheapest one was $975, with hefty deductibles and copays.

In a speech in Boston last week, President Obama said those receiving cancellation letters didn’t have good insurance. “There are a number of Americans — fewer than 5 percent of Americans — who've got cut-rate plans that don’t offer real financial protection in the event of a serious illness or an accident,” he said.

“Remember, before the Affordable Care Act, these bad-apple insurers had free rein every single year to limit the care that you received, or use minor preexisting conditions to jack up your premiums or bill you into bankruptcy. So a lot of people thought they were buying coverage, and it turned out not to be so good.”​
So Obama lied once again.

Now try to tell me this couple is better off without their old plan. Look stupid. I don't mind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back