You Have To Keep Things Simple For Conservatives.

I'd say it's more simple-minded to refuse to acknowledge Obama has been less than truthful.

Your child-like naivete is charming...or it would be, if you didn't vote.

Nevertheless, it's time for you to grow up and face the facts:

Obama modified 'grandfathering' rules to benefit businesses | The Daily Caller
In June 2010, less than three months after Obamacare was signed into law, Health & Human Services released initial regulations regarding “grandfathering” of insurance plans, defining which types of existing plans could continue to exist without meeting the new law’s standards.

By HHS’s own admission, most of the 17 million people in the individual market would be forced into transitioning to new ACA-compliant plans “sooner rather than later.”

“The 17 million people who are covered in the individual health insurance market, where switching of plans and substantial changes in coverage are common, will receive the new protections of the Affordable Care Act sooner rather than later,” a press release from the time showed. “Roughly 40 percent to two-thirds of people in individual market policies normally change plans within a year. In the short run, individuals whose plan changes and is no longer grandfathered will gain access to free preventive services, protections against restricted annual limits, and patient protections such as improved access to emergency rooms.”

--

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:

“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”​
By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status.

--

Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not.

I understand how Republicans are trying to spin regulations.

You and the rest of the Obama fluffers are the ones doing the spinning.

Obama shouldn't expect them to understand complexities of the free market insurance. You have to spell things out for them.

He should have said "There is no law preventing them from keeping their health insurance". GOPers seem to respond to puppet shows and "one liners".

Since you're a "Truthseeker" (hee hee, wink), I wonder what you think of what Obama said yesterday...

“If you had or have one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law,” the president said, “and you really like that plan, what we said was, you could keep it… if it hasn’t changed since the law’s passed.” Does that qualify as "the truth" with you?

... and if you can provide examples of when he said that, at any time, since 2008, that would be great. Looking forward to the link, thanks.

And speaking of "keeping things simple", Obama sure kept it simple for the millions who bought his lies and voted for him, thinking he was being honest with them. Your thoughts on THEM? They're real smart, right?

That's okay, not expecting a straight answer.

Obama should have said " There is no law preventing anyone from keeping their plan".

You mean he shouldn't have lied? Well, he would still be lying if he had said that.

Obama knows the complexities of free market insurance?? This MUST come from his vast experience in it as a community organizer :rolleyes:

Trash thread from sentence 1

Well.. he has smart people working for him.

Yeah.. like all the ones who correctly predicted economic results.. or kept people alive in embassies..

It is a political clown car of idiocy

What President has kept all Americans alive?

Low information Obama cult is going to explain to us what he actually meant

but of course, he's to "complex" for the majority of the people in country calling him out on his LIES..

So they need to explain what he really meant, don't ya know

they are as much a :eusa_liar: as he is

Well.. he has smart people working for him.

Yeah.. like all the ones who correctly predicted economic results.. or kept people alive in embassies..

It is a political clown car of idiocy

What President has kept all Americans alive?
And explain where I said anything even resembling that??

His blunders are worse than that of Bush II... pretty bad... he is about to be rated on the Carter scale of idiocy

I'm smarter than Bush though..but he set a very low bar.

Doubt it, but one thing you progressive liberals have to get over, is that Bush is no longer President. Obama is, and he must take ownership for the damage he is doing to the office.

It is ridiculous to think that some 5 plus years after Bush leaves office, you children are still trying to say that everything is his fault....:cuckoo:

they can keep making excuse for him but I think the people have had their fill of him and his comrades in arms administration and party

only a small majority of cult followers approve of him the bigger Majority disapprove and he is now disliked more than liked

I hope this show up in the next elections

wake up to these people in the lying fascist Democrat/progressive/commie party folks

Last edited:
Low information Obama cult is going to explain to us what he actually meant

but of course, he's to "complex" for the majority of the people in country calling him out on his LIES..

So they need to explain what he really meant, don't ya know

they are as much a :eusa_liar: as he is

It's an implied statement. No need to explain(at least to most people) the obvious fact the government can't control what a private business does...

It'll now be interesting to see if Republican candidates bury their Democrat opponents - especially those who supported Obamacare - in ads showing these lies. It'll also be interesting to see if Democrat candidates - especially those in red or purple states - start running against it.

The Dems made their bed on this. Those with big subsidies, with "someone else" paying their premiums, will love the plan. The rest surely see how they've been lied to. It may or may not be enough to help the GOP.

It'll now be interesting to see if Republican candidates bury their Democrat opponents - especially those who supported Obamacare - in ads showing these lies. It'll also be interesting to see if Democrat candidates - especially those in red or purple states - start running against it.

The Dems made their bed on this. Those with big subsidies, with "someone else" paying their premiums, will love the plan. The rest surely see how they've been lied to. It may or may not be enough to help the GOP.

It will be interesting. The GOP has shot itself in the foot so many times in the past that I have to wonder if it isn't being done on purpose. The GOP does have a track record of not going after the obvious weaknesses of their opponents.

I find it highly ironic those who championed Bush lied choke almost to death before they can bring themselves to say Obama lied when he said not once but many times if you like your plan if you like your doctor you will be able to keep them period.

they can keep making excuse for him but I think the people have had their fill of him and his comrades in arms administration and party

only a small majority of cult followers approve of him the bigger Majority disapprove and he is now disliked more than liked

I hope this show up in the next elections

wake up to these people in the lying fascist Democrat/progressive/commie party folks

No doubt....If we don't step all over our dicks getting there.:eusa_pray:

Obama shouldn't expect them to understand complexities of the free market insurance. You have to spell things out for them.

He should have said "There is no law preventing them from keeping their health insurance". GOPers seem to respond to puppet shows and "one liners".

So, let me get this straight.... you think a 50 year old man who has worked all of 16 months in the free market has a solid grasp of free markets?

How deliciously insane. Obama is a clueless as they come.. he thinks that dumping 10,000,000+ into the insurance market, demanding coverage for pre-existing illness will drive the cost down.

:lol:

You Obamabots are priceless.

Forum List

Back