You know about Fed Core/Borg Curriculum Right?- Speaking of Jeantel/FCAT/Scholarship

It makes me CRAZY!

Why can't moms design the schools?

We know how to teach them and what works!

Dipshits in charge.

Design as in architecture of the building?
BWAHAHAHAHA....don't get me started on that boon-dongle!

Common Core has nothing to do with the federal government, it was developed by the NGA.

Coordinated by NGA isn't the same as developed by the NGA.

Common Core State Standards

Could the CORE be problematic?

Common Core State Standards Initiative | Frequently Asked Questions

Read the FAQ's and consider for yourself. This one jumped out to me. Guidance? Nope, requirements. Expectation of all being 'college ready.' Worse than NCLB, again with 'all.' It's not a case of 'unintended consequences' it's a case of crazy talk, the US requires compulsory education through at least 16 years of age. Some of those students come from backgrounds that make the word 'neglect' impossible to define. Some are too sick to be in school, yet the schools are required to have them 6 hours per day, unless they're in a hospital or their parents just can't get them on the bus. Notice, so far haven't even addressed kids that are healthy and have reasonable nurturing, but really don't have the aptitude or perhaps interests in things academic:

What guidance do the Common Core State Standards provide to teachers?

The Common Core State Standards are a clear set of shared goals and expectations for the knowledge and skills students need in English language arts and mathematics at each grade level to ultimately be prepared to graduate college and career ready. The standards establish what students need to learn, but they do not dictate how teachers should teach. Teachers will continue to devise lesson plans and tailor instruction to the individual needs of the students in their classrooms.

We've no need to fear, agbalagba is here to help us! :lol:

I'M Here To Help You All
By: Me
Written on March 10th, 2013

Last edited:
Why not just adopt the system in place in one of the top 5 highest nations for education?

Common Core has nothing to do with the federal government, it was developed by the NGA.

Read the FAQ's and consider for yourself. This one jumped out to me. Guidance? Nope, requirements. Expectation of all being 'college ready.' Worse than NCLB, again with 'all.' It's not a case of 'unintended consequences' it's a case of crazy talk, the US requires compulsory education through at least 16 years of age. Some of those students come from backgrounds that make the word 'neglect' impossible to define. Some are too sick to be in school, yet the schools are required to have them 6 hours per day, unless they're in a hospital or their parents just can't get them on the bus. Notice, so far haven't even addressed kids that are healthy and have reasonable nurturing, but really don't have the aptitude or perhaps interests in things academic:

The Common Core State Standards are a clear set of shared goals and expectations for the knowledge and skills students need in English language arts and mathematics at each grade level to ultimately be prepared to graduate college and career ready. The standards establish what students need to learn, but they do not dictate how teachers should teach. Teachers will continue to devise lesson plans and tailor instruction to the individual needs of the students in their classrooms.

Always love seeing this lady! ^^^ :)

Why not just adopt the system in place in one of the top 5 highest nations for education?

Which one?

South Korea, Finland, Japans?

Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average

The United States places 17th in the developed world for education, according to a global report by education firm Pearson.

Finland and South Korea, not surprisingly, top the list of 40 developed countries with the best education systems. Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore follow. The rankings are calculated based on various measures, including international test scores, graduation rates between 2006 and 2010, and the prevalence of higher education seekers.

Always love seeing this lady! ^^^ :)

Which one?

South Korea, Finland, Japans?

Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average

The United States places 17th in the developed world for education, according to a global report by education firm Pearson.

Finland and South Korea, not surprisingly, top the list of 40 developed countries with the best education systems. Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore follow. The rankings are calculated based on various measures, including international test scores, graduation rates between 2006 and 2010, and the prevalence of higher education seekers.

Call the obamaphone hotline quick!! Tell him happy birthday and PS we want to know some stuff.

Would South Korea, Japan, Singapore educational system be better then the core?

Call the obamaphone hotline quick!! Tell him happy birthday and PS we want to know some stuff.

I forgot to send a gift! :eek:

Obama?s Birthday Weekend: Golf With Friends, Camp David, and Terror Threat Updates - ABC News

Me too!

Completely ungracious and unladylike of us to be speaking about our kids' educations and AQ alerts and shutdowns on his birfday.

If anything happens, he'll hear about it on the news tomorrow with us. No worrying him on his special day.

My phone is about to go dead. Matthew if you have something, spill it.

Forum List

Back