You know about Fed Core/Borg Curriculum Right?- Speaking of Jeantel/FCAT/Scholarship

No child left behind was bad enough. Now we have race for the top funding and data mining.

They keep trying to fix shit.

See NSA
See IRS
Et al

More gubbamint is better.

Didn't you get the memo?

Common CORE

Borg and NSA of our kids.

With Fed perks and money.

Just saying.

I really am interested in input here. This is here and NOW for our kid's education. Like in a week for many of us or already started.

I have pulled my child out of public school and put her into private school.
CORE was my tipping point.

Is private school cheap? No.
#priorities

Seriously, for the last three years she has been slowly falling behind.

Tutoring did not help.
It took me a full school year just to get her tested by the district.
Results: Nothing wrong with this child. (De-code: She's not a trouble maker, nor does she make enough noise to 'stand out'.)
Response: We'll put her in 'Adventure' classes to help build up her 'cores'.

She aced Adventure classes, but what she learned was not transferring to other classes.

WUT??

I had to make some noise to see a test she failed. I'm one of those parents who, after I call, email, hand write a note to the teacher with no response, I go straight to the top.
Looking at the test I understood why she failed.
If I can understand the fail why couldn't the teacher?

At this point hubby jumps in, he is much more diplomatic than I am, and he was not as frustrated by 'the system'.
The response he was given?
"We'll give her less homework"

This is not teaching. This is kid milling for dollars.

I really am interested in input here. This is here and NOW for our kid's education. Like in a week for many of us or already started.

#priorities

Tutoring did not help.
Results: Nothing wrong with this child. (De-code: She's not a trouble maker, nor does she make enough noise to 'stand out'.)

She aced Adventure classes, but what she learned was not transferring to other classes.

WUT??

I had to make some noise to see a test she failed. I'm one of those parents who, after I call, email, hand write a note to the teacher with no response, I go straight to the top.

At this point hubby jumps in, he is much more diplomatic than I am, and he was not as frustrated by 'the system'.

I'm pulling mine this school year too.

She LOVES LOVES her school. But I won't do this to her.

We have FCAT = math/reading learn to pass the test, the test is in April - so they have to learn a full year by the test. The test starts in 3rd. They prep them from beginning of the year. 7 SEVEN tests on the Friday. All we did last year is homework and get the tests on the Friday. It is cram cram cram for the test which is prep for FCAT. I thought - well it's elementary, so 1, 2, 3's is 1, 2, 3's right? I'll pull her for middle and go to private.

Now we have Common Core.

Hell to the fn no. No science, no ss, no art, no nothing. Just drill them to pass the tests.

For. Funding.

She goes to an A school. They are the best at prepping them for the test.

I. HATE. SKEWL.

#priorities

yep. I can deal with that.

:)

#priorities

Tutoring did not help.

WUT??

I cannot even agree with you more.

Seriously.

#priorities

Tutoring did not help.

WUT??

Hence, I dinged and bombarded pRick Scott to death about private vouchers when it fell on his desk when he took office.

The poor can private on a whim. The rich... well.

Otherwise it's #priorities.

#priorities

Tutoring did not help.

WUT??

Hence, I dinged and bombarded pRick Scott to death about private vouchers when it fell on his desk when he took office.

The poor can private on a whim. The rich... well.

Otherwise it's #priorities.

vouchers would be good. can they be used in a correspondence/online private school?

the ability to homeschool in the US is a blessing - because kids do so much better studying at home, especially in elementary and middle school

Different animal.

Online in Florida (K12 for example of supported curriculum) is if you attended a public school the year past. Then it is funded for the next year. Much more intensive and broader curriculum since home/private does not require FCAT.
I homeschooled for K and 1 after public VPK - and history and "in 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue" will not enter her vocabulary again until middle school. No history, only FCAT training. So YAY for homeschool.

I have zero idea what will happen with FCAT/CORE until next week and I have zero interest in it at this point.

Education for funding has jumped to my hot list what I won't do.

EDIT

What I won't do and what I will fight jump up and down bitch about and raise holy hell for education.

Last edited:
We have FCAT = math/reading learn to pass the test, the test is in April - so they have to learn a full year by the test. The test starts in 3rd. They prep them from beginning of the year. 7 SEVEN tests on the Friday. All we did last year is homework and get the tests on the Friday. It is cram cram cram for the test which is prep for FCAT. I thought - well it's elementary, so 1, 2, 3's is 1, 2, 3's right? I'll pull her for middle and go to private.

Now we have Common Core.

Hell to the fn no. No science, no ss, no art, no nothing. Just drill them to pass the tests.

For. Funding.

She goes to an A school. They are the best at prepping them for the test.

I. HATE. SKEWL.

#priorities

yep. I can deal with that.

:)

Drill to the test, missed a day, you can make that day up!
After testing, the last month of 'skool' here is______________!!

Why do they do something that won't allow students to think?

Everyone passes the test = A School = most funding
Most = B School = less funding
Some = C School = limited funding
Not Many = D School -= not much money
Very Few = F School = no money

2 + 2 =5

But wait!!

That was BEFORE Federal FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOTTT!

And all kids in the collective database!

I homeschooled my son in private Calvert and public Florida on-line simultaneously for grades 7,8,9 and 10 which he finished in 3 years. grades 11 and 12 were public high school.
grade 5 was public elementary and 6 public magnet middle. I did not have vouchers, I did not know about them, or, maybe they were not approved yet.
I pulled him out because of the idiocy of public schools and that was the best choice ever - middle school years are the most problematic, in my opinion.

that is the link to Calvert:
Homeschool Curriculum | Homeschooling | Calvert School
they have on-line and correspondence options. Correspondence is better for the start.

Last edited:
But wait!!

That was BEFORE Federal FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOTTT!

And all kids in the collective database!

Wait!
What happens to Title 1 schools?

I copied this scroll from a local skewl website:
STAR Review Week + Testing until May 10th, please avoid absences!
:lol:

It makes me CRAZY!

Why can't moms design the schools?

We know how to teach them and what works!

Dipshits in charge.

It makes me CRAZY!

Why can't moms design the schools?

We know how to teach them and what works!

Dipshits in charge.

because, God forbid, you want to teach kids anything valuable?

they have to be brainwashed about global warming and overpopulation and how to salute the government - our savior.

plus it is the teacher's unions - kids and teaching them are the main obstacles on their road to do nothing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back