You Know The Difference Between The American Flag and Pride Flag?

Okay,.. now I don't care what or who you are this isn't right no matter how you look at it. :(

I’ve never had that experience in conversations :dunno:

I had it happen last night. Event my daughter attended, the MC, a clearly mentally ill man, give his pronouns in his first sentence doing his job. The event was not about him, or gays or trans or whatever his personal delusion was.

But, he made it about him. It gave us all a choice, go along with his bizarre behavior or ruin the event by causing a scene.

A pretty weak example. Surely you have a better example of a gay bashing, in this terribly Christian nation.

Okay,.. now I don't care what or who you are this isn't right no matter how you look at it. :(
I don’t care if some one is gay or straight, and if they come from a minority that has often been marginalized or brutalized, it’s no skin off my back if they want to express pride in who they are for a day or a week or a month. We can each choose to participate or not, it’s a free country. Same with flags. You can love your country and flag and still love other flags. I’ve seen the Stars and Stripes flying along with “don’t tread on me”, or MIA flags or Trump flags. So why not the Rainbow flag?

I had it happen last night. Event my daughter attended, the MC, a clearly mentally ill man, give his pronouns in his first sentence doing his job. The event was not about him, or gays or trans or whatever his personal delusion was.

But, he made it about him. It gave us all a choice, go along with his bizarre behavior or ruin the event by causing a scene.
Why does it matter? How is it any different than giving your name or Mr. Mrs. Ms. or Dr.?

Although I remember the outrage when Ms. came out :lol:

I don’t care if some one is gay or straight, and if they come from a minority that has often been marginalized or brutalized, it’s no skin off my back if they want to express pride in who they are for a day or a week or a month. We can each choose to participate or not, it’s a free country. Same with flags. You can love your country and flag and still love other flags. I’ve seen the Stars and Stripes flying along with “don’t tread on me”, or MIA flags or Trump flags. So why not the Rainbow flag?

Because the Gays and their allies, moved past "participate or not" years ago.

You have to actively celebrate and go along with their shit, or they will attack and destroy you.

Why does it matter? How is it any different than giving your name or Mr. Mrs. Ms. or Dr.?

Although I remember the outrage when Ms. came out :lol:

You denied that they make shit about them. I just gave you an example. Now you are sayihng it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter, then why did HE made a point of telling us all about it? Don't tell ME it doesn't matter. I'm not the one getting in front of a crowd and telling them how THEY HAVE TO DO WHAT I WANT.

But, you won't do that. You will tell me. But you won't tell them. Because on some level, you know that that is not permitted. That is you did that, you would cross a line and all that talk of "not participating" would be revealed to be a self deluding lie.

IMO this is not fair, but what do I know.

Just saying.:(

1654127868898.png

You denied that they make shit about them. I just gave you an example. Now you are sayihng it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter, then why did HE made a point of telling us all about it? Don't tell ME it doesn't matter. I'm not the one getting in front of a crowd and telling them how THEY HAVE TO DO WHAT I WANT.
Introducing your pronouns is a silly affectation imo. An annoying trend. But to go so overboard and claim they are telling you to do anything at all seems more like you are jusy pissed at tbe whole idea that they aren’t maintaining their discreet presence in closets and passing as hetero.

But, you won't do that. You will tell me. But you won't tell them. Because on some level, you know that that is not permitted. That is you did that, you would cross a line and all that talk of "not participating" would be revealed to be a self deluding lie.
I won’t tell them what exactly? Why would I be seeking a confrontation?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Introducing your pronouns is a silly affectation imo. An annoying trend. But to go so overboard and claim they are telling you to do anything at all seems more like you are jusy pissed at tbe whole idea that they aren’t maintaining their discreet presence in closets and passing as hetero.

I won’t tell them what exactly? Why would I be seeking a confrontation?

You won't tell them it doesn't matter, don't make an issue of it.

You are happy to tell ME to drop it. But you won't tell them.

Because on some level, you know that a. it does matter and b. that if you tell them that, they will turn on you like the pack of mad dogs they are.

Ok…what makes you think that?
It is not a matter of an individual thinking the world revolves around them; I think what many of us find so puzzling is why anyone wants to advertise their sexuality. That has never gone over well. Prostitution, for example. Why do some want everyone to know that they are gay, transgender, etc? It has never been important to me to stress I am heterosexual, like it should be taken in account in some way. I can think of any number of things I would like to be known (or described) as before "heterosexual".

IMO this is not fair, but what do I know.

Just saying.:(

View attachment 652888

We just ended Military Appreciation Month…yup, an entire month.

Oh yeah and I didn't find that saying, so although it might be one I just made it up because I'm sick and tired of the idea as a pledge to the gay flag. There's only one pledge we should be saying and that's the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ironic about flags con-sidering your swastika.......

Make it two months then or more.

They deserve more than the other group, IMO.

We are talking apples and oranges here.....but again this is my personal opinion.

Shouldn't the military be honored and respected every month though?

It is not a matter of an individual thinking the world revolves around them; I think what many of us find so puzzling is why anyone wants to advertise their sexuality. That has never gone over well. Prostitution, for example. Why do some want everyone to know that they are gay, transgender, etc? It has never been important to me to stress I am heterosexual, like it should be taken in account in some way. I can think of any number of things I would like to be known (or described) as before "heterosexual".
I think there are several reasons.

You and I represent 95% of Americans. We live in a world that revolves around heterosexual values, norms and imagery. Why would we need to advertise what is blatantly obvious? We are identifies as a teacher, or a lawyer or a husband or etc. But gay people always seem to have that adjective attached. He isn’t a teacher, he’s a gay teacher or they aren’t a couple, they are a same-sex couple. People are still offended by two young men kissing in the park but humorously indulgent when it’s a young man and young lady.

I also think that because we are part of the cultural majority we have never had to hide who we are, been afraid of violence directed at us because of who we are or been discriminated or demonized for that reason. Maybe being more obvious about it is an expression of freedom.

For some…there might be an element of trendy fad.

Forum List

Back