You Know The Difference Between The American Flag and Pride Flag?

Why would we need to advertise what is blatantly obvious?
The point is that when heterosexuals (prostitutes) advertise sexuality, they are frowned upon as well. One set of grandparents lived in a small town where several long-time bachelors lived together. Everyone knew what that meant (my grandmother explained it to us kids) and no one in that town thought anything more of it. No need to advertise; no need to explain.

I suppose hearing/seeing this at a young age had me perplexed that some people want to advertise. I was also influenced by Mary Poppins who said she never explained anything. Still think that is a great piece of wisdom.

Make it two months then or more.

They deserve more than the other group, IMO.

We are talking apples and oranges here.....but again this is my personal opinion.
They have two national holidays (Memorial Day and Veterans Day) and an entire month.

Given that…why pick on gays for having their month (and no national holidays?

Besides…we’ve got all these other ones to complain about…Bourban Heritage Month, Bubblewrap Appreciation Day, No Nut November, National Masturbation Month….

I kid you not, all real.

Shouldn't the military be honored and respected every month though?
A lot of things should be every month…but it is nice to have a day, week or month to remind us imo.

What we really need is a "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member" month.

Dividing ourselves according to identity groups isn't helping anything.

A lot of things should be every month…but it is nice to have a day, week or month to remind us imo.

With all due respect,.. do I really need to have a day to remind myself that I'm a straight white chick?

So why not the Rainbow flag?

Whatever floats your boat I guess,.. I just see it as pushing a certain agenda.

I think there are several reasons.

You and I represent 95% of Americans. We live in a world that revolves around heterosexual values, norms and imagery. Why would we need to advertise what is blatantly obvious? We are identifies as a teacher, or a lawyer or a husband or etc. But gay people always seem to have that adjective attached. He isn’t a teacher, he’s a gay teacher or they aren’t a couple, they are a same-sex couple. People are still offended by two young men kissing in the park but humorously indulgent when it’s a young man and young lady.

I also think that because we are part of the cultural majority we have never had to hide who we are, been afraid of violence directed at us because of who we are or been discriminated or demonized for that reason. Maybe being more obvious about it is an expression of freedom.

For some…there might be an element of trendy fad.

I've never singled out any gay person that I ever met and saw as being gay,.. the majority of them are the ones that bring it up first.

With all due respect,.. do I really need to have a day to remind myself that I'm a straight white chick?

Okay, now I'm feeling REALLY hyper right now and I think this joke is alright falling under the zone one rules since it's not telling anyone to F off,.. but I was just thinking more about this question I made earlier and at this point I honestly don't know what some people are expecting. Do you really think I'm going to jump into another woman's bed and start having sex with her without a day to remind me,.. "oh yeah! That's right! I don't fuck women!! Oopsie!!" (I can put it another way if that word is an issue but still I think I made a valid point. XD)

They have two national holidays (Memorial Day and Veterans Day) and an entire month.

Given that…why pick on gays for having their month (and no national holidays?

Besides…we’ve got all these other ones to complain about…Bourban Heritage Month, Bubblewrap Appreciation Day, No Nut November, National Masturbation Month….

I kid you not, all real.
Should be called mental illness month

Matthew Shepard's ashes are interned at the Washington National Cathedral.
Maybe FJB needs to consider how "Nation Under God" may be represented ... And codified into Law on the grounds of making hatred a crime.

How long have you been bi-curious, baby?

Not at all and I'm not your baby.

Matthew Shepard's ashes are interned at the Washington National Cathedral.
Maybe FJB needs to consider how "Nation Under God" may be represented ... And codified into Law on the grounds of making hatred a crime.

WTF??? What kind of twisted logic is that?

What's twisted about it?

The Nation you state is a Nation Under God, enshrined the remains of gay man in the National Cathedral.
They did so with the addition of enshrining his name on Federal Legislation for the rest of all time.

I don't think all of y'all are on the same page ... And that's probably not a mistake in my judgment.

And codified into Law on the grounds of making hatred a crime.

true, how would the desert religions survive without their favorite subject of interest - the persecution and victimization of the innocent.

- better just to take their rights away from "them" - for fjb's own christian self satisfaction.

What's twisted about it?

The Nation you state is a Nation Under God, enshrined the remains of gay man in the National Cathedral.
They did so with the addition of enshrining his name on Federal Legislation for the rest of all time.

I don't think all of y'all are on the same page ... And that's probably not a mistake in my judgment.

No, no, no!!! That is NOT what one nation under God is talking about!! That is the ultimate blasphemy to even think of such an idea!!

Make it two months then or more.

They deserve more than the other group, IMO.

We are talking apples and oranges here.....but again this is my personal opinion.
When did YOU serve? Which branch?

No, no, no!!! That is NOT what one nation under God is talking about!! That is the ultimate blasphemy to even think of such an idea!!

It's the same Nation I thought you live in ... Whether or not you agree doesn't seem to matter much.
That's what I meant when I said you may need to consider the difference in what you believe and what exists.

You may see it as blasphemous ... But I bet it didn't happen on accident ...
And all at the National level.

Forum List

Back