You may ask "Which Universe Am I In?"

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
#quantummechanics

Probabilities. Sean Carroll's '"Many World's Theory" We have "The Quantum Measurement Problem"
We also have "The GRW Theory" touched on.
GRW Theory and Quantum Entanglement touched on.

Moderated by Brian Greene

I wonder what thee great minds think of Climate Change and human contributions?

"Convinced is always too strong right, in science I'm always willing to change my mind if a better Theory comes along. If the grw collapses, are found experimentally, I will change my mind like that ever will be falsified and we will move on."

"But I think that you when you have a theory whose fundamental ingredients are so simple, one that fits the data so nicely, uh yeah I'm not going to spend my time thinking about other theories. I'm going to put that theory to work because I think that exactly for what you said at the start here which is that physics has ignored this problem for many many decades now there are foundational questions to be asked connecting the wave function of many worlds quantum mechanics to the reality of our world"

"Convinced is always too strong right, in science I'm always willing to change my mind if a better Theory comes along. If the grw collapses, are found experimentally, I will change my mind like that ever will be falsified and we will move on."

"But I think that you when you have a theory whose fundamental ingredients are so simple, one that fits the data so nicely, uh yeah I'm not going to spend my time thinking about other theories. I'm going to put that theory to work because I think that exactly for what you said at the start here which is that physics has ignored this problem for many many decades now there are foundational questions to be asked connecting the wave function of many worlds quantum mechanics to the reality of our world"
What produced the cosmic microwave background radiation?

"While it is surely hard for me and I suspect most people to really Embrace a world that is one of many worlds, containing many versions of each of us experiencing many versions of reality, this approach does provide the mathematically leanest and most economical interpretation of the foundational equation of quantum mechanics. Again look, it's important to remind ourselves over and over again if necessary that our intuitions, our predilections for how we assess reality, they have been shaped by hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary history, in which the focus was on successfully navigating the everyday world. And that formative goal is oblique to the far more recent goal of understanding the true nature of reality. So, perhaps we should expect that when confronted with the true nature of reality, our intuition will not be prepared to easily accept it. Now look, this doesn't by any means establish that the many worlds approach to Quantum Mechanics is right, but it does make clear that our inclination to resist such a strange idea is by no means evidence that it is wrong. Okay in the third part of this Quantum reality series of conversations, we will push these ideas farther still with physicist and author Carlo Rovelli. Join me there."

Forum List

Back