My Cat Samantha Died Last Night

What about if you just took a short-term rental - like two months twice a year, or whatever schedule is fair - to give your sister time to travel and see friends in other states? Might be easier than buying and selling houses. Just a thought.
That's one of the options as well...we are just having a hard time deciding....

View attachment 992589
Born ? - Died 8-9-24
My cat Sam (Samantha) died last night. She was a stray that used to live in an old condenser unit behind our apartments. We brought her home in 2014 sometime around August. I kept her in a cage till she got used to my home. I brought her into my bedroom after a week and for years she rarely left my bedroom. She counted on me to keep her safe. I have other cats and a couple of my other cats would pick on her. So she felt safe as long as she could see me. She knew I would protect her.

I'm not sure how old she was. Probably 12-15 years old,

She usually slept in my arm every night. A few months ago she stopped sleeping in my bedroom. She moved out to a bed I put next to a window in the kitchen and usually she was laying there enjoying the Sun. She had been sick and wasn't feeling well for the last few months. Night before last she spent all night in my arm staying warm and not moving a lot.

She stopped eating normally a few weeks ago, and the last couple of days she wouldn't eat anything.

I put her in her bed last night knowing she would die soon. I just wanted her to be someplace she was familiar with instead of taking her to the vet to put her to sleep. I just wanted her to die where she was loved. Not in a strange place.

We will miss you Sam. Thanks for all of the warm nights.
My condolences.

View attachment 992589
Born ? - Died 8-9-24
My cat Sam (Samantha) died last night. She was a stray that used to live in an old condenser unit behind our apartments. We brought her home in 2014 sometime around August. I kept her in a cage till she got used to my home. I brought her into my bedroom after a week and for years she rarely left my bedroom. She counted on me to keep her safe. I have other cats and a couple of my other cats would pick on her. So she felt safe as long as she could see me. She knew I would protect her.

She usually slept in my arm every night. A few months ago she stopped sleeping in my bedroom. She moved out to a bed I put next to a window in the kitchen and usually she was laying there enjoying the Sun. She had been sick and wasn't feeling well for the last few months. Night before last she spent all night in my arm staying warm and not moving a lot.

She stopped eating normally a few weeks ago, and the last couple of days she wouldn't eat anything.

I put her in her bed last night knowing she would die soon. I just wanted her to be someplace she was familiar with instead of taking her to the vet to put her to sleep. I just wanted her to die where she was loved. Not in a strange place.

View attachment 992589
Born ? - Died 8-9-24

My current kitty was a stray that a friend of the family's found but couldn't keep because the other cats would beat up on her as well. She was given to us shortly after our last kitty cat ran away.

Anyways, trust me when I tell you that I know your pain and it probably feels like you just lost one of your kids. The only thing wrong with having pets is they generally don't live long enough. RIP Sam. You're in a much better place now. 😇

Pets dying are almost as bad as human family members. Sorry for your loss.

I say that they're just as bad. At least for me.

Oh Mud, I'm so sorry! You did the right thing....I'm glad she got to be with you, when she passed onward. I'm still not over losing our loving kitty and it's been almost two years.... :(

I have never gotten over my pets over the years dying but I know that they're at peace now and that I will most definitely see them again someday and they've always been in my heart. ❤️

Look at that precious baby!! 😍

Forum List

Back