“I Love My Black Job”: Simone Biles Seemingly Takes Swipe At Donald Trump After Olympic Triumph

Here's another high school outlining the benefits of the ASVAB.

This is bad for black families?
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), so tell me genius why would it be mandatory for public school kids and not private school kids.

I can remember in HS all the black male students being told about how great joining the military was, you can travel the world and blah, blah, blah, but the white male students were being told about pell grants, scholarships, etc. Why do you think that is?

ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), so tell me genius why would it be mandatory for public school kids and not private school kids.

I can remember in HS all the black male students being told about how great joining the military was, you can travel the world and blah, blah, blah, but the white male students were being told about pell grants, scholarships, etc. Why do you think that is?

That was true in my high school as well. It was late 70s.

Sigh. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Public schools are publicly funded and must follow local, state, and federal government requirements, which means they have less leniency than private schools. This includes curriculum standards, testing and assessments, teacher certifications, funding and reporting.

Private schools are privately funded and have more leniency than public schools regarding local public school district requirements. Private schools are not obligated to administer the standardized tests public schools require, and they may use different forms of assessment to evaluate student performance and progress.

I can remember in HS all the black male students being told about how great joining the military was, you can travel the world and blah, blah, blah, but the white male students were being told about pell grants, scholarships, etc. Why do you think that is?w
That's easy. Today, for merit-based scholarships and grant funding, whites receive the lion's share of scholarships. Blacks receive the highest number of Pell Grants at 60%. Do you know what merit-based means? It means they do well in school based on abilities, achievements, or performance. Additionally, whites have a higher graduation rate:
  • Blacks have a high-school graduation of roughly 80% which is the lowest rate across all racial and ethnic groups, and a drop-out rate of 5.7%.
  • Whites have a 90% graduation rate and place second behind Asian / Pacific Islander rates at 94%, and whites have a drop-out rate of 4.3%.

Why do you think? What other Project 2025 items you got that hurt black families?

Forum List

Back