You think it's all a happy accident?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
We live on a planet that orbits a gigantic nuclear fusion reactor. The reactor puts a constant stream of energy across a broad spectrum. Our planet has a magnetic field that absorbs and disperses energies that would otherwise fry us. Our unique planet with liquid oceans and a strong magnetic field also has a Moon that orbits us and just so happens to be the EXACT APPARENT size as the Sun. The Moon stabilizes our orbit keeping the temperature extremes in a relatively narrow band. Without the Moon, our tilt toward the Sun would be more erratic and cause greater variations in the extremes between hot and cold, making life far more difficult and life as we know it impossible

And at night, you can sit and look up and even though we're rotating on our axis and in orbit around the Sun and hurtling through space, the trees at night barely sway in the breeze.

And you think this all happened by a series of happy accidents?

LOL

We live on a planet that orbits a gigantic nuclear fusion reactor. The reactor puts a constant stream of energy across a broad spectrum. Our planet has a magnetic field that absorbs and disperses energies that would otherwise fry us. Our unique planet with liquid oceans and a strong magnetic field also has a Moon that orbits us and just so happens to be the EXACT APPARENT size as the Sun. The Moon stabilizes our orbit keeping the temperature extremes in a relatively narrow band. Without the Moon, our tilt toward the Sun would be more erratic and cause greater variations in the extremes between hot and cold, making life far more difficult and life as we know it impossible

And at night, you can sit and look up and even though we're rotating on our axis and in orbit around the Sun and hurtling through space, the trees at night barely sway in the breeze.

LOL

No. By natural law. And yes, it is pretty rare, considered that we have estimated (we cannot count them because we are in the galaxy) around 100 to 300 Billion stars in our galaxy and there are hardly a few with similar conditions.

But, to be philosophical, you can only ask your question because you are here.
If accidentially or not doesn't matter in the first place.

For that, the interesting question is: what should be intentional with a tiny planet in a galaxy with a few hundred billion stars in a universe wit a few hundred billion galaxies, most of them bigger than ours?

You see, your question follows the hard wired structure of our brain. In nature, were we evolved somehow, everything has a reason. Does the bush shake because of the wind or because of a lion behind it? To make the right decision decided about survival or instant death.
Actualy it is more Boolean. False negative and false positive decision.
At false negative there was no lion, you shit your pants (maybe only your butt because you had no pants that time), you lost time gathering food but you survived. False positive meant you assumed there was no lion and were dead.

So genetically we developed to a species with the tendency to false negative assumtions. There is always a reason. I forgot my umbrella and it is raining, there must be something evil behind it.
I slip on a banana peel, this must be gods warning finger for the curse I put on the policemen who gave me a ticket for wrong parking.
This is hard wired and hard to overcome.

To reckognize that there is no reason for us to be here, and to see that we today are actually the first humans in history able to back this up by scientific arguments, requires a bit of thinling and getting rid of old fairytales from the bronze age.

I give you something to watch. It is not complicated, but it is beautiful. A thousand times more beautiful than any religion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk]Science Saved My Soul. - YouTube[/ame]

Not a happy accident. Its the only way it could be.

Given the givens, our earth and the life on it is the only way it can be.

That's why the myth of a magical sky fairy is so ludicrous.

atheism.jpg

Winning the lottery is very unlikely, therefore it's impossible for anyone to win the lottery.

That's Frank's logic. Any time Frank attempts logic, you can count on hilarity.

And I see Dave joining in. He must be bitter about how those atheists keep laughing at him.

Last edited:
We were actually never created - we were always here to begin with.

It is no more of a stretch to say that matter/energy always existed, than to say that God always did.

If God was here first, who created him?

Get my point?

Last edited:
Don't know Jack? Call it "God", sit back and watch millions be slaughtered in that name, pray to it in a steepled box, then go home and masturbate hoping it won't notice.

THAT is Religion.

Winning the lottery is very unlikely, therefore it's impossible for anyone to win the lottery.

That's Frank's logic. Any time Frank attempts logic, you can count on hilarity.

And I see Dave joining in. He must be bitter about how those atheists keep laughing at him.
Yes, yes, I'm absolutely desperate for your approval. Please, PLEASE, mammy, validate me! :lol:

LOL

No. By natural law. And yes, it is pretty rare, considered that we have estimated (we cannot count them because we are in the galaxy) around 100 to 300 Billion stars in our galaxy and there are hardly a few with similar conditions.

But, to be philosophical, you can only ask your question because you are here.
If accidentially or not doesn't matter in the first place.

For that, the interesting question is: what should be intentional with a tiny planet in a galaxy with a few hundred billion stars in a universe wit a few hundred billion galaxies, most of them bigger than ours?

You see, your question follows the hard wired structure of our brain. In nature, were we evolved somehow, everything has a reason. Does the bush shake because of the wind or because of a lion behind it? To make the right decision decided about survival or instant death.
Actualy it is more Boolean. False negative and false positive decision.
At false negative there was no lion, you shit your pants (maybe only your butt because you had no pants that time), you lost time gathering food but you survived. False positive meant you assumed there was no lion and were dead.

So genetically we developed to a species with the tendency to false negative assumtions. There is always a reason. I forgot my umbrella and it is raining, there must be something evil behind it.
I slip on a banana peel, this must be gods warning finger for the curse I put on the policemen who gave me a ticket for wrong parking.
This is hard wired and hard to overcome.

To reckognize that there is no reason for us to be here, and to see that we today are actually the first humans in history able to back this up by scientific arguments, requires a bit of thinling and getting rid of old fairytales from the bronze age.

I give you something to watch. It is not complicated, but it is beautiful. A thousand times more beautiful than any religion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk]Science Saved My Soul. - YouTube[/ame]

It's OK, Carl Sagan. I'm not surprised you didn't get it

Forum List

Back