Young men are 4x as likely to kill themselves, 3x as likely to be addicted to drugs and 12x more likely to be in prison compared to young women

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
This is another segment from a liberal left-wing leaning professor Scott Galloway. Galloway is not some macho man in your face kind of guy but quite a normal successful businessman. 23 min mark of the following video,

It’s a topic of mega importance. “Masculinity in crisis.” I found it to be most interesting how left-wingers react to this topic . Many of them will make fun of young men using childish like terms or juvenile insults. Or they will ignore the issue and claim “everything is fine.”

When one hears the stats ie

Young men are 4x as likely to kill themselves, 3x as likely to be addicted to drugs and 12x more likely to be in prison compared to young women

…It is imperative for older generations, especially older men to start offering up solutions or ideas to confront these issues that young men face. They can’t say that “well the times are changing, it’s a different world, etc” because those are very troubling statistics above. It’s a serious issue and I hope some of the leftists can offer up some solutions to these issues.

Scott Galloway

The biggest threat to America is a lonely, broke young man.. the most talented companies in the world are trying to convince young men they can have a great life behind a computer screen and from an algorithm.

Why isn’t this a thing the media and politicians are talking about? This is a crisis for America. Instead they bombard us with things like Ukraine and Russia or Israel-Palestine, which has zero effect on the everyday American.

Keep your whippersnappers off ritalin, adderall, and all those brain/mood altering drugs and you are half way there. This isn't about "masculinity"; it is about Big Pharma convincing people they can dose their kids to conceal their crappy parenting.

Keep your whippersnappers off ritalin, adderall, and all those brain/mood altering drugs and you are half way there. This isn't about "masculinity"; it is about Big Pharma convincing people they can dose their kids to conceal their crappy parenting.
The drug issues are certainly a big part of the problem. That’s a good point by you. In addition to that as Professor Galloway points out

The average 70-year-old in the United States is 72% more wealthier than they were 40 years ago.. the average person under the age of 40 is 24% less wealthy.

One can say that medicine and technology has advanced and that’s a benefit for today’s world. But these stats listed above and in the original post are very troubling and they have to be confronted.

Young people and working class people are getting crushed in today’s economy. Young people are more obese depressed and hooked on drugs than ever before. Young folks are looking up and seeing all the wealth is above them, and only quite rarely they can see it on the same side as their own age group. This is because of the high prices today and lack of job opportunities that we used to have. It’s harder than ever before for a working class person or family to buy a home today certainly compared to the post World War II economic boom which we enjoyed from 1950 to about the 1990s.

Of course it is worse now than it was under Trump, but in general this has been going on for a few decades.

Last edited:
40 years ago the average American 25 year old was making $85,000 a year adjusted for inflation

Today the average 25-year-old is making $50,000 a year.

Major issues that should be talked about on a daily basis by the media and even by Hollywood in some regard. But they’re not instead they bombard us with left wing radicalism and foreign wars, which has no effect on the every day people of this country. We Got a lot of work to do in this country.

I should also note that Professor Galloway is a supporter of Israel and extremely critical of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. That said he is 100% spot on and right about the concerns that young men in America. He says that the main issue America faces is not Russia or Hamas but it is the lonely young man that constitutes the most dangerous thing about this country.

Yep.
The feminization of the American education system, has ruined men.
They've been convinced they are the problem, and they are no longer needed. Today, women are far and away the majority of college graduates, which of course will mean they will be running the corporate world in the coming years.
At the same time, men continue to be convinced that they must move aside. There are constant public service announcements, that give the impression that we must all do our part and help girls and women.

I get it, women were excluded from everything years ago, today however the boys and men are the ones we should be encouraging and helping, since there is evidence all around us that if they are not helped soon, the OP's story will only get worse.

Every parent of a boy, should get and read this book. It is a real eye opener if you're not familiar with what has now been happening for years.

The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men​

The drug issues are certainly a big part of the problem. That’s a good point by you. In addition to that as Professor Galloway points out

The average 70-year-old in the United States is 72% more wealthier than they were 40 years ago.. the average person under the age of 40 is 24% less wealthy.

One can say that medicine and technology has advanced and that’s a benefit for today’s world. But these stats listed above and in the original post are very troubling and they have to be confronted.

Young people and working class people are getting crushed in today’s economy. Young people are more obese depressed and hooked on drugs than ever before. Young folks are looking up and seeing all the wealth is above them, and only quite rarely they can see it on the same side as their own age group. This is because of the high prices today and lack of job opportunities that we used to have. It’s harder than ever before for a working class person or family to buy a home today certainly compared to the post World War II economic boom which we enjoyed from 1950 to about the 1990s.

Of course it is worse now than it was under Trump, but in general this has been going on for a few decades.

I get all that you are saying but there isn't anything we can do as a society to really fix this. We as individuals have to do the bulk of the grunt work. We have 3. #1 is now in college but is still iffy about what he wants to do; #2 has a clearer vision of what he wants to do that will probably depend on an intergenerational transfer of wealth to make happen (from us LOL); and #3 is just too settled and content and doesn't yet seem to really care about anything. #3 is a concern but that is for us to sort out as I don't think there are a lot of jobs out there for people who like to read books anymore and anime isn't exactly a honey pot. Society isn't going to do it.

Anyway, I think the real estate market is going to collapse eventually. Instead of banks taking the hit this time, it will be retirement funds, venture capitalists and the like. That part of the equation doesn't worry me that much in the long term.

I get all that you are saying but there isn't anything we can do as a society to really fix this. We as individuals have to do the bulk of the grunt work. We have 3. #1 is now in college but is still iffy about what he wants to do; #2 has a clearer vision of what he wants to do that will probably depend on an intergenerational transfer of wealth to make happen (from us LOL); and #3 is just too settled and content and doesn't yet seem to really care about anything. #3 is a concern but that is for us to sort out as I don't think there are a lot of jobs out there for people who like to read books anymore and anime isn't exactly a honey pot. Society isn't going to do it.

Anyway, I think the real estate market is going to collapse eventually. Instead of banks taking the hit this time, it will be retirement funds, venture capitalists and the like. That part of the equation doesn't worry me that much in the long term.
It sounds like you have a stable home. But the issue at hand doesn’t apply to your home and applies to the many young boys growing up across the country without a father figure at home. And without a male role model in their life, perhaps at all. Most teachers from the kindergarten to 12th grade level are female. A lot of these young boys get their influence from radical left-wingers on social media people who believe that a man can get pregnant…. or they also get their influence from celebrities or video games who glorify gang violence and drugs.

Less young men than ever are meeting women in real life or even wanting to meet women in real life. They’re content with living behind a computer screen. So these things need to be addressed and confronted.

It sounds like you have a stable home. But the issue at hand doesn’t apply to your home and applies to the many young boys growing up across the country without a father figure at home. And without a male role model in their life, perhaps at all. Most teachers from the kindergarten to 12th grade level are female. A lot of these young boys get their influence from radical left-wingers on social media people who believe that a man can get pregnant…. or they also get their influence from celebrities or video games who glorify gang violence and drugs.

Less young men than ever are meeting women in real life or even wanting to meet women in real life. They’re content with living behind a computer screen. So these things need to be addressed and confronted.

There are girls at school today just as there were a generation ago and most of the teachers were female then too. If you don't want your kid being raised by an LED screen then that will be yours to sort. It isn't like I can make you do or not do anything.

We personally had to make a decision about 10 years ago when my wife had the opportunity to become an ICU Charge Nurse about how to balance that. I was fortunate enough to be able to pivot into Mr. Mom while still being able to make money off investments, remote work, and my own side hustles. Not every one is able to do that or is even willing to try. I do agree with Galloway's comments about careers--do what you have to do to make money and then let your money enrich your free time. I have been saying that forever as "Don't try to reinvent the wheel". Saturated fields are saturated because that is where the dollars are. Just carve you out a little niche or two and run with it. At this point I am rounding into the home stretch career wise. My real estate side hustles have finally put me in a position to hobby job it to the 401K money and then retirement. It isn't that I am unmotivated so much as I am sick of dealing with people. Grown ass men and women are acting like spoiled brats about the least little things. I can't fault kids for being antisocial when so many adults are freaking psychotic these days.

None of this is going to change unless we get rid of technology.

Less young men than ever are meeting women in real life or even wanting to meet women in real life. They’re content with living behind a computer screen. So these things need to be addressed and confronted
It goes both ways.

If so many young men aren’t dating young women, then logic dictates there’s an equal number of young women not dating either.

Why are you so obsessed and start so many threads about young men not getting laid?

Add to that the fact that you seem to idolize a convicted pimp/sex trafficker like Andrew Tate, ne you really come off as an incel or something

This is another segment from a liberal left-wing leaning professor Scott Galloway. Galloway is not some macho man in your face kind of guy but quite a normal successful businessman. 23 min mark of the following video,

It’s a topic of mega importance. “Masculinity in crisis.” I found it to be most interesting how left-wingers react to this topic . Many of them will make fun of young men using childish like terms or juvenile insults. Or they will ignore the issue and claim “everything is fine.”

When one hears the stats ie

…It is imperative for older generations, especially older men to start offering up solutions or ideas to confront these issues that young men face. They can’t say that “well the times are changing, it’s a different world, etc” because those are very troubling statistics above. It’s a serious issue and I hope some of the leftists can offer up some solutions to these issues.

Clearly we need men to scorch themselves with a red light on their balls to make them more manly.

red-light-tucker-carlson.jpg

s

It goes both ways.

If so many young men aren’t dating young women, then logic dictates there’s an equal number of young women not dating either.

Why are you so obsessed and start so many threads about young men not getting laid?

Add to that the fact that you seem to idolize a convicted pimp/sex trafficker like Andrew Tate, ne you really come off as an incel or something
It’s the data ..not Tate or my or anyone

lefties made up the charges against Tate

On this topic it’s a one way street. Many women are sharing men ..meaning the “top 1%” of men dating online are seeing many women at the same time. That’s empirical data women match with many more men online compared to vs versa. That’s why there’s more single young men compared to women

Again this is the data..lefties can’t accept reality

It’s the data ..not Tate or my or anyone

No lefties made up the charges against Tate

On this topic it’s a one way street. Many women are sharing men .. “top 1%” of men dating online are seeing many women. That’s empirical data women match with many more men online compared to vs versa

Again this is the data..lefties can’t accept reality
Why do you promote Tate when he’s a convicted sex trafficker?

Forum List

Back