Young Voters Are Turning Against Obama

Idiot. You haven't the intellect to grasp the point.

Have you been told by your conservative friends here.....that you are in the running for forum idiot? Have they leveled with you yet? You possess a rare combination of arrogance and ignorance..........with an overall lack of social skills......that sets you apart from the norm. Congratulations.

In other words - I've literally bent you over and made you my bitch on USMB... :lol:

I have a renewed sense of Optimism regarding the future of the United States.

Young voters are turning against Obama and the notion of Big Government.

The survey, part of a unique 13-year study of the attitudes of young adults, finds that America's rising generation is worried about its future, disillusioned with the U.S. political system, strongly opposed to the government's domestic surveillance apparatus, and drifting away from both major parties. "Young Americans hold the president, Congress and the federal government in less esteem almost by the day, and the level of engagement they are having in politics are also on the decline," reads the IOP's analysis of its poll. "Millennials are losing touch with government and its programs because they believe government is losing touch with them."

The results blow a gaping hole in the belief among many Democrats that Obama's two elections signaled a durable grip on the youth vote.

Indeed, millennials are not so hot on their president.

Obama's approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

When asked if they would want to recall various elected officials, 45 percent of millennials said they would oust their member of Congress; 52 percent replied "all members of Congress" should go; and 47 percent said they would recall Obama. The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent.

While there is no provision for a public recall of U.S. presidents, the poll question revealed just how far Obama has fallen in the eyes of young Americans....

Millennials Abandon Obama and Obamacare - NationalJournal.com
I love watching you assholes take a simple fact or two and manage to twist them into something that absolutely does not exist.
I am not happy with everything Obama has done. Does that mean that I will vote for a republican in the next election? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!! I may be upset with some of Obama choices but I am totally disgusted with the crap being served up by the gop. I believe you will find most of the young feel the same way. That said, I want it to be known here and now that I will note vote for Obama in 2014 or in 2016.

The survey, part of a unique 13-year study of the attitudes of young adults, finds that America's rising generation is worried about its future, disillusioned with the U.S. political system, strongly opposed to the government's domestic surveillance apparatus, and drifting away from both major parties. "Young Americans hold the president, Congress and the federal government in less esteem almost by the day, and the level of engagement they are having in politics are also on the decline," reads the IOP's analysis of its poll. "Millennials are losing touch with government and its programs because they believe government is losing touch with them."

The results blow a gaping hole in the belief among many Democrats that Obama's two elections signaled a durable grip on the youth vote.

Obama's approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

When asked if they would want to recall various elected officials, 45 percent of millennials said they would oust their member of Congress; 52 percent replied "all members of Congress" should go; and 47 percent said they would recall Obama. The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent.

While there is no provision for a public recall of U.S. presidents, the poll question revealed just how far Obama has fallen in the eyes of young Americans....

I love watching you assholes take a simple fact or two and manage to twist them into something that absolutely does not exist.
I am not happy with everything Obama has done. Does that mean that I will vote for a republican in the next election? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!! I may be upset with some of Obama choices but I am totally disgusted with the crap being served up by the gop. I believe you will find most of the young feel the same way. That said, I want it to be known here and now that I will note vote for Obama in 2014 or in 2016.

although you appear that you want to

you can not speak for everyone

"Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon. " -Winston Churchill

Maybe the collapse Obama created is helping young voters to figure it out..

maybe

Idiot. You haven't the intellect to grasp the point.

Have you been told by your conservative friends here.....that you are in the running for forum idiot? Have they leveled with you yet? You possess a rare combination of arrogance and ignorance..........with an overall lack of social skills......that sets you apart from the norm. Congratulations.

You never make a point. It seems you come here to just flame people with comments that often include something about sucking on organs.

There is no need to level with anyone. It is clear nobody could unseat you from the board moron throne.

Lack of social skills ? On a message board ?

And you call someone else a moron. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

When do you ever post you a reasonable thought ?

put him/her/it on ignore, don't waste your time with idiots.

People love servitude to the state when they are either the beneficiaries or bystanders who think Some Rich White Dude is going to pay for it.

What The Young are finding out is that they are Some Rich White Dude who is expected to pay for it.

And they're not very happy about that.

Libs hate rich white dudes...
But they love to take their money.

Well--if they would have paid attention to what he was actually SAYING versus all of the hysteria and Hollywood glitter--they would have never voted for him in the first place.

VARVEL+-+OBAMA+YOUTH.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

Last edited:

I find the highlighted portion somewhat disturbing, when you become dissatisfied with government, that's the time to get more involved, not less. That's the only way to effect real change.

Note to Mooschelle: slicing your finger open or breaking a limb should not require medical insurance.

She;s such an idiot. The whole administration is filled with knuckleheads.

"Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon. " -Winston Churchill

Maybe the collapse Obama created is helping young voters to figure it out..

maybe
Come November? We'll see what crap they'll drag out. ObamaCare is the Number ONE albatross hanging around their necks. They can't escape it...NONE of the Democrats can, and they can't hang it on anyone else.

They OWN IT.

And they thought they'd coerce young people to pay for it. It just isn't happening.

Last edited:

I find the highlighted portion somewhat disturbing, when you become dissatisfied with government, that's the time to get more involved, not less. That's the only way to effect real change.
True. And we have to educate these young ones and show them what scumbags progressives are, and the liberty they're losing due to the progressive agenda of the last 8 years.

I guess the Young will not be voting for Obama in 2016.......

exactly used as throw away tools

you do know he's not running again, right?

Once again, Schillian shows the depth of thought her tiny pea brain can produce.

Maybe she forgets that one of Obama's mantras in 2008 was McCain was "four more years of George Bush" and he ran partly on that.

So, in many ways, he will be running again as the left looks for a champion to take his disaster of a health care plan (along with a gaggle of other crap from his administration) and in effect, he will be running again.

And that is what the right needs to do is label Hillary nothing more than an Obama lackey....

Forum List

Back