Young Voters Are Turning Against Obama

I was referring to the question in my sig line. I asked someone to answer it....then got that from her. I expected an answer...not a question.

Well, I think the question answers itself. There are plenty of able bodied and sane Americans out there who won't look for work for the sake of getting a government subsidy. But then again, with us outsourcing so many of our jobs and giving so many of our jobs away to illegal immigrants... some of them don't have a choice. Some of them want work badly, but their government isn't creating an atmosphere which is conducive to such a prospect.

Plenty is not a number.

Alright, let me try this again, then.

When the Obama administration suspended the work requirement in 2009, the amount of able bodied Americans on food stamps doubled, according to a report by the CRS.

The numbers are here ----> CRS Memo ABAWD

Last edited:
The subject is the middle class. They already have jobs and a purpose in life. We are not discussing the conservative bogie man here.

What policies will aide the middle class while not screwing over the working poor?

That question can be easily asked as "what policies will help the poor without screwing over the middle class?" Some people are in the middle class simply because their sole source of income is from the government. No really.

Instead of changing the question...why not try to respond to it?

I am not interested in having another discussion about how wonderful life is for our poor people. I want to discuss policies that would help the middle class and who supports such policies.

Sigh...

The way I see it is that you can't help one without hurting the other. It works both ways.

Last edited:
I have a renewed sense of Optimism regarding the future of the United States.

Young voters are turning against Obama and the notion of Big Government.

The survey, part of a unique 13-year study of the attitudes of young adults, finds that America's rising generation is worried about its future, disillusioned with the U.S. political system, strongly opposed to the government's domestic surveillance apparatus, and drifting away from both major parties. "Young Americans hold the president, Congress and the federal government in less esteem almost by the day, and the level of engagement they are having in politics are also on the decline," reads the IOP's analysis of its poll. "Millennials are losing touch with government and its programs because they believe government is losing touch with them."

The results blow a gaping hole in the belief among many Democrats that Obama's two elections signaled a durable grip on the youth vote.

Indeed, millennials are not so hot on their president.

Obama's approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

When asked if they would want to recall various elected officials, 45 percent of millennials said they would oust their member of Congress; 52 percent replied "all members of Congress" should go; and 47 percent said they would recall Obama. The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent.

While there is no provision for a public recall of U.S. presidents, the poll question revealed just how far Obama has fallen in the eyes of young Americans....

Millennials Abandon Obama and Obamacare - NationalJournal.com

Well--they overwhelming voted for Obama twice-(are basically responsible for him sitting in the Oval office)--and now a Harvard poll is stating they aren't signing up for Obamacare. As we all know Obama needs the youth of this country to push the BUY button in mass to off-set all of the free medicade enrollees and of course the elderly who are sick and can't do without insurance. The people that can save Obama and Obamacare are the youth of this country--irony at it's best. Otherwise--Obamacare goes into what is known as the death spiral, and collapses upon itself.
'Sea change': Poll shows young people skeptical of ObamaCare, amid Obama outreach | Fox News

Obama+-+Hand+in+your+pocket.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change

Last edited:
Well, I think the question answers itself. There are plenty of able bodied and sane Americans out there who won't look for work for the sake of getting a government subsidy. But then again, with us outsourcing so many of our jobs and giving so many of our jobs away to illegal immigrants... some of them don't have a choice. Some of them want work badly, but their government isn't creating an atmosphere which is conducive to such a prospect.

Plenty is not a number.

When the Obama administration suspended the work requirement in 2009, the amount of able bodied Americans on food stamps doubled, according to a report by the CRS.

The work requirement was not suspended. There is still a work requirement.

How do you survive ?

Food, air, water and martini's.

Did Obama weaken the welfare work requirement? | Marketplace.org

I also know shit........beyond what I am told by cable news. You should try it.

Plenty is not a number.

Uh yeah, there was and still is at least until Sept 30:

http://www.massresources.org/snap-work-requirements.html

The survey, part of a unique 13-year study of the attitudes of young adults, finds that America's rising generation is worried about its future, disillusioned with the U.S. political system, strongly opposed to the government's domestic surveillance apparatus, and drifting away from both major parties. "Young Americans hold the president, Congress and the federal government in less esteem almost by the day, and the level of engagement they are having in politics are also on the decline," reads the IOP's analysis of its poll. "Millennials are losing touch with government and its programs because they believe government is losing touch with them."

The results blow a gaping hole in the belief among many Democrats that Obama's two elections signaled a durable grip on the youth vote.

Obama's approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

When asked if they would want to recall various elected officials, 45 percent of millennials said they would oust their member of Congress; 52 percent replied "all members of Congress" should go; and 47 percent said they would recall Obama. The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent.

While there is no provision for a public recall of U.S. presidents, the poll question revealed just how far Obama has fallen in the eyes of young Americans....

Uh ... hmmmm....all very interesting, but Obama is not going to be running for President again, so that younger voters do not plan on voting for him again is rather a moot point. All this really shows is that some younger voters are becoming disillusioned with government and politics. When someone comes along that they feel they can support and believe in, they will vote for her or him. Or, like a lot of people, they may give up voting at all. This study does not suggest anything hopeful for the Republican party, BTW.

Wanting to recall or impeach Obama? That redundant refrain is getting really ancient. Sing a new tune.

from the link

What happens if I don't meet the work requirements?

If you don't meet the work requirements and you don't have a good reason, you can be disqualified from the SNAP program. If you are disqualified, you will not be eligible for food stamp benefits for a period of time. However, your income and assets will still be counted in determining your household's eligibility.

You will not be disqualified if you have good cause for not meeting the work requirements. Good cause reasons include:

illness
household emergency
job offers are unsuitable (wages are too low, there are health or safety risks, the distance to the job is too far, the job interferes with your religious beliefs, or certain other reasons)
the DTA cannot find a community service slot for you
you cannot find transportation
you cannot find suitable child care
other circumstances beyond your control

from the link

What happens if I don't meet the work requirements?

If you don't meet the work requirements and you don't have a good reason, you can be disqualified from the SNAP program. If you are disqualified, you will not be eligible for food stamp benefits for a period of time. However, your income and assets will still be counted in determining your household's eligibility.

You will not be disqualified if you have good cause for not meeting the work requirements. Good cause reasons include:

illness
household emergency
job offers are unsuitable (wages are too low, there are health or safety risks, the distance to the job is too far, the job interferes with your religious beliefs, or certain other reasons)
the DTA cannot find a community service slot for you
you cannot find transportation
you cannot find suitable child care
other circumstances beyond your control

Doesn't that prove my point? I mean it seems to me that nobody can be disqualified from the program, as long as they don't put in any effort to find a job that is.

Uh ... hmmmm....all very interesting, but Obama is not going to be running for President again, so that younger voters do not plan on voting for him again is rather a moot point. All this really shows is that some younger voters are becoming disillusioned with government and politics. When someone comes along that they feel they can support and believe in, they will vote for her or him. Or, like a lot of people, they may give up voting at all. This study does not suggest anything hopeful for the Republican party, BTW.

Wanting to recall or impeach Obama? That redundant refrain is getting really ancient. Sing a new tune.

Who said anything about Obama running for office again, other that pundits from the Washington Post? What Obama does now may affect the next nominee for president, and his party as a whole. Right now, his habitual lying is getting him into a ton of trouble with young people. They're also not taking the bait as far as Obamacare goes.

When the Republicans take back both houses of Congress, (which there is a high probability of them doing) next year, Obama may as well be recalled, he will be rendered powerless.

Who said anything about Obama running for office again, other that pundits from the Washington Post? What Obama does now may affect the next nominee for president, and his party as a whole. Right now, his habitual lying is getting him into a ton of trouble with young people. They're also not taking the bait as far as Obamacare goes.

When the Republicans take back both houses of Congress, (which there is a high probability of them doing) next year, Obama may as well be recalled, he will be rendered powerless.

It would be cool if you put tht last sentence in your sig line so we can find it easily next November. I move to make all predictions permanent fixtures in sig lines.

It would be cool if you put tht last sentence in your sig line so we can find it easily next November. I move to make all predictions permanent fixtures in sig lines.

Really? Weren't you the guys predicting that Obamacare would be a smashing success? I'm no psychic, but I know a trend when I see one. My sig will stay just the way it is, LL, no offense.

Last edited:

Really? Weren't you the guys predicting that Obamacare would be a smashing success? I'm no psychic, but I know a trend when I see one. My sig will stay just the way it is, LL, no offense.

Hmmmm. No. I never predicted that Obamcare would be a smashing success. I am a single payer guy. I predicted that the nuts would do what they are doing and that the matter would be wrought with highly charged bullshit rhetoric. I predicted that every glitch or misstep.....however fleeting....would become front page banner news for the echo chamber.

And....try and learn when something is said tongue in cheek. I am not really concerned with what is in your sig line.

The millenials are no less divided by CLASS than their fathers and grandfather's generations.

The same CLASS STRUGGLE that our father and grandfathers fought they will fight.

The issue of what they call themselves politically will be irrelevant.

That struggle will be the same...the haves-too-much v the haves-not-enough.

While a growing number in my generation are thankfully waking up to Obama, I don't think you older Republicans should be excited. Just because we dislike Obama, doesn't mean we don't dislike you as well. Expect a drop in turnout among millennials in the next election.

Republicans and Democrats are owned by the same Wall Street and Corporate Robbers and are two sides of the same coin.

I have two daughters in their 20ties. Can't say that I disagree with you after listening to what they have to say. I don't think either one will vote in 2016. I might not as well. Would be the first time I missed a Presidential election since the 1972 election. But when you have no real choice, just let the plutocrats have their way.

One day we will have a populist for a candidate. Maybe.

While a growing number in my generation are thankfully waking up to Obama, I don't think you older Republicans should be excited. Just because we dislike Obama, doesn't mean we don't dislike you as well. Expect a drop in turnout among millennials in the next election.

Republicans and Democrats are owned by the same Wall Street and Corporate Robbers and are two sides of the same coin.

I have two daughters in their 20ties. Can't say that I disagree with you after listening to what they have to say. I don't think either one will vote in 2016. I might not as well. Would be the first time I missed a Presidential election since the 1972 election. But when you have no real choice, just let the plutocrats have their way.

One day we will have a populist for a candidate. Maybe.

Bet on it. I am almost certain that none of us have heard the name of the president that will be elected in 2020.

Forum List

Back