Your Ceiling fan is killing the planet

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Thought the whole point of ceiling fans was to save energy by decreasing heating and cooling bills.
How long do you need to run a ceiling fan to equal one electric car charge?

Thought the whole point of ceiling fans was to save energy by decreasing heating and cooling bills.
How long do you need to run a ceiling fan to equal one electric car charge?
You people get worked up over the weirdest shit. All electric motors are getting more efficient. Technology advances.

Flipping luddites.

You people get worked up over the weirdest shit. All electric motors are getting more efficient. Technology advances.

Flipping luddites.
Yeah it does ergo this is a ridiculous mandate as is every other one. BTW electric cars are backing up dealers lots cause they cant sell em

Yeah it does ergo this is a ridiculous mandate as is every other one. BTW electric cars are backing up dealers lots cause they cant sell em
Some republican cheapskates will want to keep putting cheaply made and inefficient chinese motors in the fans to maximize their profit margin at the consumers expense.

These people are why we need regulations.

Some republican cheapskates will want to keep putting cheaply made and inefficient chinese motors in the fans to maximize their profit margin at the consumers expense.

what the hell are you babbling about. Thought libs loved China.......

Gawd, you're such a dumbass. Most people can't afford American-made ceiling fans.

"According to Federal standards, there are no residential ceiling fans that can claim they are fully made in the USA. Almost all ceiling fans are made in China, with a couple exceptions you can read about below."

Ceiling Fans Made in the USA

Now where were your ceiling fans made? Do you even have ceiling fans?

Flipping luddites.

Heres a novel idea for you all who love to pass regulations. How about you offer incentives to companies who can produce ceiling fans with a certain efficiency, instead of trying to force things on companies who may not be able to meet that standard? You can get the same results instead of forcing things on people.

Also, so Biden is claiming something like $85 energy savings over the lifetime of a ceiling fan. i looked it up on the DOE website and the average life of a ceiling fan is about 14+ years... that comes out to an energy savings of $6 a year in energy efficiency... really? we have to go through all this bullshit...making it hard on small companies for an energy savings of $6 a year? hell most people dont even run their ceiling fans all the time. Its just more stupidity.

I don't remember anyone bitching about energy efficient dish washers or refrigerators. People in general like all those things.

Gawd, you're such a dumbass. Most people can't afford American-made ceiling fans.

"According to Federal standards, there are no residential ceiling fans that can claim they are fully made in the USA. Almost all ceiling fans are made in China, with a couple exceptions you can read about below."

Ceiling Fans Made in the USA

Now where were your ceiling fans made? Do you even have ceiling fans?

and with increased costs, you can bet they will rely even more on foreign sources for parts, cutting out U.S. manufacturers.

My US-made Hunter fans have been going strong for 31 years.

Sadly they are made in china now.

A whole $39.00 savings over the life of the fan?....Hell, I'd not walk across the street for $39.00 in todays money.

If a government fan lasts that long how much do you think that $39.00 will be worth then? I figure about $6.50.

All of a sudden since Biden stole the election we are getting rules we must follow... seemingly everyday the white house issues a new mandate on us the people....

My US-made Hunter fans have been going strong for 31 years.

Sadly they are made in china now.

A whole $39.00 savings over the life of the fan?....Hell, I'd not walk across the street for $39.00 in todays money.

If a government fan lasts that long how much do you think that $39.00 will be worth then? I figure about $6.50.
39 ? I thought it was $80 ... thats even worse.. over 14 years that will be about $4.00 in energy savings over a year..

39 ? I thought it was $80 ... thats even worse.. over 14 years that will be about $4.00 in energy savings over a year..
According to the Energy Department's analysis, the new rules would save households about $39 over the lifespan of the new energy-efficient fan. However, the cost to manufacturers associated with the increased equipment will total $86.6 million per year, the department said.

Heres a novel idea for you all who love to pass regulations. How about you offer incentives to companies who can produce ceiling fans with a certain efficiency, instead of trying to force things on companies who may not be able to meet that standard? You can get the same results instead of forcing things on people.

Also, so Biden is claiming something like $85 energy savings over the lifetime of a ceiling fan. i looked it up on the DOE website and the average life of a ceiling fan is about 14+ years... that comes out to an energy savings of $6 a year in energy efficiency... really? we have to go through all this bullshit...making it hard on small companies for an energy savings of $6 a year? hell most people dont even run their ceiling fans all the time. Its just more stupidity.

I don't remember anyone bitching about energy efficient dish washers or refrigerators. People in general like all those things.
If you have to produce a substandard product to stay in business do you really belong in the business?

If you have to produce a substandard product to stay in business do you really belong in the business?

The market will take you out then and It's not really the governments job to make the decision for the marketplace. That is, as long as the company is meeting safety standards and at least has something in reason.

but seriously, I got that 14 year life span for a ceiling fan off of the DOE's own website... so if they say your going to save only 4$ a year... $39 dollars over the lifetime of the fan... are we really talking about that big of a difference in energy efficiency???? im not seeing it.

The market will take you out then and It's not really the governments job to make the decision for the marketplace. That is, as long as the company is meeting safety standards and at least has something in reason.

but seriously, I got that 14 year life span for a ceiling fan off of the DOE's own website... so if they say your going to save only 4$ a year... $39 dollars over the lifetime of the fan... are we really talking about that big of a difference in energy efficiency???? im not seeing it.
They are just doing it because they can....Control is what the leftists are all about....If they can control the little things the bigger ones get easier.....Like the covid lockdowns/restrictions.

Fuck-'em I have pre-ban shitters too. ;)

They are just doing it because they can....Control is what the leftists are all about....If they can control the little things the bigger ones get easier.....Like the covid lockdowns/restrictions.

Fuck-'em I have pre-ban shitters too. ;)

In the 70's and 80's Liberals used to be the ones to say Question Authority! but now its like, just do what they tell you BECAUSE THEY CAN, and they know better than you do.. whether its something as simple a ceiling fan, injecting a vaccine in your arm, or telling you what age your kid should start learning about sex Ed... we are just supposed to stand down silently.. Hmmm.. what happened to them?

Forum List

Back