Your favourite games

I like Civ II more than Civ III. Civ III in my opinion isnt as fun, Civ II is a blood-bath for global control, and I love it!

I was thinking about buying CivIII (and the expansion because it said it offered fascism) so I downloaded a demo off the web. I don't know that I really like the turn based action, and it provided a complex tech tree, but it just felt like a lot of more or less useless options.

I don't know, the demo didn't give me much time to play, but it didn't seem like that much fun.

Zhukov said:
I was thinking about buying CivIII (and the expansion because it said it offered fascism) so I downloaded a demo off the web. I don't know that I really like the turn based action, and it provided a complex tech tree, but it just felt like a lot of more or less useless options.

I don't know, the demo didn't give me much time to play, but it didn't seem like that much fun.

In CivII, the action didnt really get good until you had planes, tanks, marines, ect. That and there were big cities to make heroic sieges and roads everywhere. I havent played up to modernization in CivIII yet, but in CivII guns are much more fun than swords. CivII is also much easier to understand and get good at quickly, but CivIII seems like it may be even more fun if you are willing to give up your whole day to play it.

Semper Fi said:
In CivII, the action didnt really get good until you had planes, tanks, marines, ect. That and there were big cities to make heroic sieges and roads everywhere. I havent played up to modernization in CivIII yet, but in CivII guns are much more fun than swords. CivII is also much easier to understand and get good at quickly, but CivIII seems like it may be even more fun if you are willing to give up your whole day to play it.

Very true... for me it was always a race to be the first to get guns/arty/tanks so I could destroy the countries who had elephants still. Plus I build some great road systems and the computer never does, so I have great abilities to get troops to the front lines!

Just wanted to let ya know that I was sort of wrong about battlefront,
You can play split screen vs mode on xbox. It's still mission oriented and
there are hundreds of bots. It's kind of like Unreal where you have to
take control of certain areas of the battlefield, and the team who scores them all
wins. It's still fun though, wish you could go head on like Halo.

Being a history buff, I love hearts of iron....still trying to figure out how to launch a nuclear missile though...any help?

gop_jeff said:
Very true... for me it was always a race to be the first to get guns/arty/tanks so I could destroy the countries who had elephants still. Plus I build some great road systems and the computer never does, so I have great abilities to get troops to the front lines!

The computer never builds roads? I usually try and concentrate my cities near their cities, so I can leech off of their roads and use them to kill their cities, then I island-hop my way to their capital and send nukes/navy if possible. then my obsolete riflemen re-enact Galipolli against their fortified tanks and I call a cease-fire to re-build my armed forces and then break it when I send in my tanks and stuff. Hey, does anyone know how to stop the people from rioting? I hate it when they do that... Haha, its kind of funny when the government callapses when you keep your troops near the 'enemy' cities while under a cease-fire.

Semper Fi said:
The computer never builds roads? I usually try and concentrate my cities near their cities, so I can leech off of their roads and use them to kill their cities, then I island-hop my way to their capital and send nukes/navy if possible. then my obsolete riflemen re-enact Galipolli against their fortified tanks and I call a cease-fire to re-build my armed forces and then break it when I send in my tanks and stuff. Hey, does anyone know how to stop the people from rioting? I hate it when they do that... Haha, its kind of funny when the government callapses when you keep your troops near the 'enemy' cities while under a cease-fire.

The computer builds roads around the cities for the extra trade. I build roads between all my cities (and to my enemy's cities) to transport troops.

It's a beautiful thing when I have 40 cities building cavalry and/or artillery and I can use a railroad system to send those troops to the heart of the enemy's territory the very turn they are produced!

As far as rioters... usually after one turn, if you have a stable government, they calm down. If not, then go into the city view and turn every single one of them into taxmen (if you need extra money) or scientists (if you need extra science power). The population will start to dwindle, but after about half the city dies off you can turn them back to normal and they will be calm.

this month I play quite a lot to Europa universalis.

A real fantastic game !!!

I took Netherlands, with the campaign from 1700 to 1819; and in 1796, I had, plus the Netherlands of course, Belgium, the whole Holy Roman Germanic Empire, the whole Italy, except Genoa and Corsica, belong to france, and Sardainia, to Spain, I had territories from ht edanish border to the greek border, and on the east side, my neighbors where Moscou and some Russian cities, becasue I took Austria and poland.
Amazing to see this Netherlands Empire rules from French border to Moscou, from Danemark to Ottoman Empire.You can really change the history, it is great.

I play also , with the great campaign, 1419-1819,with Britain, and get France, Ireland, Spain and Belgium ;
with Scotland and invade England and Netherlands, and with France - of course, and I had plus France, sapin, italy, netehrlands, east of germany, Scotland, ireland and a part of england, and also colonies inAfrica - the north east quarter - and in America - canada and east of USA. i was in 1514.

So, my advice is that people who like strategy games and who want to learn, to enjoy, to conquer the world and change History.

really a good game.
Hard, but great !

;)

I used to love playing Diablo online, however a Satelite connection will kill you every time. I no longer game online at all.

no1tovote4 said:
I used to love playing Diablo online, however a Satelite connection will kill you every time. I no longer game online at all.
I don't either after Evercrack. I would surely be divorced if I did.

Just beat Second Sight, cool story but a little short. Still Right now I will put it on my list. KOTOR I, Prince of Persia Four. FF8, Time Splitters two, and thats about it.

fairly good squad play in brothers in arms (xbox)

Rome is super cool (ps2)

finshed starwars kotor (xbox)

star wars battelfield is stupid unles you are an online player

manu1959 said:
fairly good squad play in brothers in arms (xbox)

Rome is super cool (ps2)

finshed starwars kotor (xbox)

star wars battelfield is stupid unles you are an online player
Try Republic Commando

Forum List

Back