Your Honest Appraisal of Obama.

How would you Appraise Obama in Year 5 of HIs Presidency?

• Grafe A. He is Basically a Good Guy who Has Done a Good Job.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Grade B to C. He has been okay. Some things I like. Not Perfect...not Bad.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Grade D. He is a Debonair Con-man who has been mostly inept.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Grade F. He is a Compulsive Liar and Cheat, who is incompetent and is Destroying America.

Votes: 62 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Okay,

This poll is anonymous and I would really like to see everyone participate. This is your appraisal of Obama and his job performance at year 5 of his Presidency. My hope is this poll will give a fairly clear indication of how USMB posters view Obama.

1. Grade A. He is a good guy who has done a very good job.

2. Grade B to C. He has been okay...but I still have some concerns.

3. Grade D I basically see him as a debonair con-man who is fairly inept.

4. Grade F He is an incompetent liar and cheat, who has done enormous damage to America.

Okay, this is America...let your opinion be heard!

Can't grade him based on the rhetoric following the letter.

Also, I have no desire to leap into a lion's den at this point in time.

I don't buy into the belief system that Obama deliberately set out to destroy America. I think he is just an idiot savant.

Contemporary public opinion is controlled by many such idiot savants who are brilliant at detecting what people want to hear and then saying those things.

Obama chose the class of dependents as his audience and he tells them what they want to hear. Someone like Alex Jones chooses the class of paranoid tin foil hat wearers as his audience and tells them what they want to hear. Bush chose the class of mile wide, inch deep patriots.

These people are great at demagoguery, but you really, really don't want their hands anywhere near the controls. We fucked up by putting people like Bush and Obama at the controls.

It is time to smarten up, start thinking critically, and for God's sake keep the mental defects away from the levers of power.

Last edited:

That is fair. Since it is a poll, if you want to do a write in that better captures your opinion, feel free to do so.

Same here. The rhetoric is too emotional.

I believe that Obama seriously miscalculated the degree of resistance he would face from Republicans and right wingers. He advanced in his career with the protection of institutions, colleagues, and social acceptance. He was unprepared for the "real world" of America outside of liberal cities and universities.

He is similar to many other "successful" Americans--their success often comes because they were helped by other connected individuals. He was wrong when he assumed that the world was similar to his peers. In modern politics, negotiation no longer works.

Okay,

This poll is anonymous and I would really like to see everyone participate. This is your appraisal of Obama and his job performance at year 5 of his Presidency. My hope is this poll will give a fairly clear indication of how USMB posters view Obama.

1. Grade A. He is a good guy who has done a very good job.

2. Grade B to C. He has been okay...but I still have some concerns.

3. Grade D I basically see him as a debonair con-man who is fairly inept.

4. Grade F He is an incompetent liar and cheat, who has done enormous damage to America.

Okay, this is America...let your opinion be heard!
Number 2 (Grade B to C). I believe he has made a sincere effort to do a good job despite the most obstructive House of Representatives in history.
The bottom line is that there is a huge difference between being an obstructionist and being a member of the loyal opposition. An obstructionist works against any attempt to move a country forward. They are a curse on a country. They offer the country NOTHING. A member of the loyal opposition works toward moving the country forward. They offer different ideas and viewpoints that lead to a better country. The loyal opposition provides balance to the government and the country.

I don't buy into the belief system that Obama deliberately set out to destroy America. I think he is just an idiot savant.

Contemporary public opinion is controlled by many such idiot savants who are brilliant at detecting what people want to hear and then saying those things.

Obama chose the class of dependents as his audience and he tells them what they want to hear. Someone like Alex Jones chooses the class of paranoid tin foil hat wearers as his audience and tells them what they want to hear. Bush chose the class of mile wide, inch deep patriots.

These people are great at demagoguery, but you really, really don't want their hands anywhere near the controls. We fucked up by putting people like Bush and Obama at the controls.

It is time to smarten up, start thinking critically, and for God's sake keep the mental defects away from the levers of power.

I couldn't have said it better.
Like I said before, Ted Kennedy put Obama in the White House so himself and top Senate Democrats could control the Presidency. What he didn't count on was his own death, and that Obama was such a narcissist...who believed his own hype.

I believe that Obama seriously miscalculated the degree of resistance he would face from Republicans and right wingers. He advanced in his career with the protection of institutions, colleagues, and social acceptance. He was unprepared for the "real world" of America outside of liberal cities and universities.

He is similar to many other "successful" Americans--their success often comes because they were helped by other connected individuals. He was wrong when he assumed that the world was similar to his peers. In modern politics, negotiation no longer works.

This works for me.

Just my .02 cents. I think there is a lot of truth in what you said. I have never really thought of it that way, but I think you have a valid point.

When I was growing up I was taught that if you criticize they way someone is working, you better be able to do a better job.

I am not nearly as articulate as Obama, but I do have a conscious, I generally don't lie, and I want to see all people succeed...not just certain voting blocs that might be more inclined to vote for me or my party.

When I was growing up I was taught that if you criticize they way someone is working, you better be able to do a better job.

I honestly believe I could do a better job than Obama.

Of course you could. DO share how you would get legislation past the do-nothing Congress. Or are you assuming they wouldn't be a problem in your world.

I honestly believe I could do a better job than Obama.

Of course you could. DO share how you would get legislation past the do-nothing Congress. Or are you assuming they wouldn't be a problem in your world.

I would place ideas that are superior to Obama's on the table, and defend them. I have provided many of those ideas here on this forum.

Forum List

Back