"your individual liberty ends at my nose"

To start with, whether you can turn away a gay depends on the state or locality where your business is.

In those places, gay is a protected class. Gun owners aren't.

A better question is why can a Christian refuse to serve me in about half the states but I have to serve a Christian in all 50?

Gun ownership is Constitutionally Protected. There is no Constitutional right to be an immoral Sack of Shit.

The better question is... Why is ANYONE allowed to discuss religion (in any form) in public, or use it as a determining factor for anything?

Go ahead and get rid of PA laws. Nobody is stopping you. I think y'all should work on the Federal law though instead of fighting ONLY local and state laws (talkin' to you "states rights" folks).

Because if you don't go after the biggie, Title II of the CRA, it doesn't look like you give a shit about individual liberty and just hate queers.
Title II, yes.

To start with, whether you can turn away a gay depends on the state or locality where your business is.

In those places, gay is a protected class. Gun owners aren't.

A better question is why can a Christian refuse to serve me in about half the states but I have to serve a Christian in all 50?

Gun ownership is Constitutionally Protected. There is no Constitutional right to be an immoral Sack of Shit.

The better question is... Why is ANYONE allowed to discuss religion (in any form) in public, or use it as a determining factor for anything?

Free speech is constitutionally protected but I still get to kick loud mouthed assholes out of my place too.

You asked a question and I answered it. Lobby to get gun owners listed as a protected class. Good luck.

I answered your question...notice how you can't answer mine?

You wear a cross in my place. I don't want to serve Christians...in all 50 states, I'm required by federal law to serve you.

Go ahead and get rid of PA laws. Nobody is stopping you. I think y'all should work on the Federal law though instead of fighting ONLY local and state laws (talkin' to you "states rights" folks).

Because if you don't go after the biggie, Title II of the CRA, it doesn't look like you give a shit about individual liberty and just hate queers.
Title II, yes.

Yeah...so what are YOU doing to get rid of it?

Free speech is constitutionally protected but I still get to kick loud mouthed assholes out of my place too.

You asked a question and I answered it. Lobby to get gun owners listed as a protected class. Good luck.

There should not be ANY protected classes.

You wear a cross in my place. I don't want to serve Christians...in all 50 states, I'm required by federal law to serve you.

I did answer your question.... nobody should be able to tell anyone's religion in a public place. No images. No discussion. Religion should be a purely PRIVATE concept and its invasion into public space should be punished severely.

Of course they're not okay, but the question is what is done about it, if anything.

For me, they're delightful little indications of the type of person who is running that business, and it's very nice of them to so clearly tell me they don't want my business, either.

I'd rather know that they're bigots and not give them my business, than not know they're bigots and give them my business. Easy call there.

Would I punish them for being bigots? Nope, punishing them won't change them, it will just make them martyrs for other bigots. And as I said, they're already miserable.

Now, real world, we might only see a couple of such signs. Gays, most possible. Maybe Muslims, who knows. I'll let 'em stew in it.

the law is pretty settled in regard to this. turning back the clock to 1955. If you think it would only be a "few signs", that's silly. it would be all over the same parts of the country that liked their jim crow laws (hence the analogy).

that's what happens in the real world and it's illegal. so there ya go.
I've never argued about the law. The law is the law. Stipulated.

But someone has to complain first. That's when the law comes into it.

They have to choose to complain, they don't have to.

That's all I'm saying.

they did complain. they lost. end of story.
Do me a favor and answer one question.

Obviously we're not going to agree on this, but do you at least understand my position?

you know I understand it. I think it's messed up. and what's more messed up is how many of the people shrieking about their "freedom" to be bigots are all for government telling women what to do with their bodies. they aren't even real libertarians.

You want the government to tell men what to do with their bodies.

There should not be ANY protected classes.

I did answer your question.... nobody should be able to tell anyone's religion in a public place. No images. No discussion. Religion should be a purely PRIVATE concept and its invasion into public space should be punished severely.

Nobody has to hide their faith in America, asshole. If you don't like it, fuck off and go live somewhere else.

:fu:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back