Your Signature Needed To Prevent Major Corporate Tax Dodge:

Links a link - I like they way Yahoo lays things out

What it shows is that Pfizer hasn't recovered from the crash (not uncommon) and that they are not on track to recover to that level either, if you look at their daily trading they are just bumping along at about the same. The reason their stocks are sitting flat is because they are on a downward slide of consistent profit loss. They also sold out twice the number of shares to keep their profit if you look closely.

January 2010 the stock was $18.66, it is now $30.50. That is pretty good. Since the ACA the stock has done very well.

Do you blame them the US has the highest Corporate tax in the world. Force them to stay and they may move their entire operations over seas.
Let them. -- and we can nail their ass with tariffs! What will they do then? Turn their back on the most lucrative market of all?

Wise up and stop believing what Rush Limbaugh is telling you.
I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh and raising tariffs on these companies raises prices on the goods and services or do you care nothing for the US consumers ?

Then they should move back and avoid the tariffs.

You can't place tariffs on on company
Trump says you can...

Link?

You have a linky to that one? Not seen it yet.

What I'd seen was Trump pushing to tax profits foreign stored.
Trump: Put a Tariff On Companies Who Make Cars In China, Mexico - Breitbart

That'd be an import "tariff" on foreign made products - to wit: Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said that if companies manufacture cars in China or Mexico “you’re going to have to pay a tax to get the cars back in” in an interview broadcast on CNN on Thursday. [...] Trump was then asked what he would say if a CEO responded that labor is cheaper in another country. He stated, “then we’ll say, ‘That’s fine. If the labor’s cheaper over there, that’s good. But, you know, you’re going to have to pay a tax to get the cars back in. You’re going to have to pay a penalty. And if you put a penalty on, a tariff, or whatever you call it. And believe me, China’s doing it to us. China dumps all their stuff with us. And I’m not complaining about that. But you — I have friend that are manufacturers they cannot get their product into China. So, if they’re going to do it to us. We have to do it to them.”

If Pfizer was still operating in the US, and only their headquarters left, then it's not "importing" anything - only it's headquarters changed (because the corp rates in the US are higher, its global market competition.)

What it shows is that Pfizer hasn't recovered from the crash (not uncommon) and that they are not on track to recover to that level either, if you look at their daily trading they are just bumping along at about the same. The reason their stocks are sitting flat is because they are on a downward slide of consistent profit loss. They also sold out twice the number of shares to keep their profit if you look closely.

January 2010 the stock was $18.66, it is now $30.50. That is pretty good. Since the ACA the stock has done very well.

And in July 2000 it was worth $43. They never really gained value from 2000 to the crash itself, and then they have had a bad recovery that's stabilized flat - in addition to selling off some 30k more shares which dilutes their value. At this point in time, it's a non-invest regardless of minor day to day upticks. When the ACA subsidies are pulled they are going to show further losses, this is a dud stock. They'll have to sell more shares and dilute further in order to not show losses next year, etc.

OR they can cut 50+% off their labor and taxes from headquartering in the US and cross their fingers that they do not take another loss. Which is what they decided to do and I can't say as I blame them; the corporate tax rate in Ireland is 12.50% (average is 29.56% over the last 30 years so it's stable at lower than the US's 39%)

I also suspect that a lot of businesses are looking at the possibility of Sander's getting elected. I bet 90% of the companies in the US are making contingency plans for a possible Sander's future. If Hillary gets the nomination we'll probably have a tornado in China heh

And in July 2000 it was worth $43. They never really gained value from 2000 to the crash itself, and then they have had a bad recovery that's stabilized flat - in addition to selling off some 30k more shares which dilutes their value. At this point in time, it's a non-invest regardless of minor day to day upticks. When the ACA subsidies are pulled they are going to show further losses, this is a dud stock. They'll have to sell more shares and dilute further in order to not show losses next year, etc.

OR they can cut 50+% off their labor and taxes from headquartering in the US and cross their fingers that they do not take another loss. Which is what they decided to do and I can't say as I blame them; the corporate tax rate in Ireland is 12.50% (average is 29.56% over the last 30 years so it's stable at lower than the US's 39%)

And they have been gradually climbing since the ACA.... Most seem to rate it a buy.

The problem with doing that on pharma is that it would drive the costs up for consumers and our med costs are already through the roof - at present with ACA and stuff, you'd effectively be shooting off your own nose to spite your face...

Pfizer is dumping because the ACA subsidies ran out and they can no longer afford to operate in the US.
But they will be operating here in the U.S. Nothing will change but their corporate address, so please don't be so easily deceived by the corporate puppet propagandists. Open your eyes for Christ's sake! Pfizer's earned $35billiion in profit last year -- and they are claiming hardship?

Which millionaire propagandist do you get your information from, Limbaugh? Hannity? O'Reilly?

Wake up!

Are you suggesting that we "close the borders" to businesses?
I'm suggesting we do anything necessary to put an end to the predatory corporate interests which are decimating the middle class.

Anything!

If they earned $35 billion in profits last year they will have to pay taxes on it by April 15th.

The problem with doing that on pharma is that it would drive the costs up for consumers and our med costs are already through the roof - at present with ACA and stuff, you'd effectively be shooting off your own nose to spite your face...
Then they should move back.

Pfizer is dumping because the ACA subsidies ran out and they can no longer afford to operate in the US.
But they will be operating here in the U.S. Nothing will change but their corporate address, so please don't be so easily deceived by the corporate puppet propagandists. Open your eyes for Christ's sake! Pfizer's earned $35billiion in profit last year -- and they are claiming hardship?

Which millionaire propagandist do you get your information from, Limbaugh? Hannity? O'Reilly?

Wake up!

I'm suggesting we do anything necessary to put an end to the predatory corporate interests which are decimating the middle class.

Anything!

If they earned $35 billion in profits last year they will have to pay taxes on it by April 15th.

Where are ya'll getting your numbers from? Nothing I'm finding reflects this number.

~ http://www.pfizer.com/system/files/presentation/2014_Pfizer_Financial_Report.pdf (page 17) Total Revenues 2014 $49,605 Million You're saying they /profited/ more than the financial statements even reflect them earning, by like billions of dollars... (oops wrong year brb heh)

Uhm no see the government would be shooting off its own nose, not Pfizer, they just raise the prices. American's are the ones who pay for the increased cost...

Wake up!

Anything!

Where are ya'll getting your numbers from? Nothing I'm finding reflects this number.

~ http://www.pfizer.com/system/files/presentation/2014_Pfizer_Financial_Report.pdf (page 17) Total Revenues 2014 $49,605 Million You're saying they /profited/ more than the financial statements even reflect them earning, by like billions of dollars... (oops wrong year brb heh)

Uhm no see the government would be shooting off its own nose, not Pfizer, they just raise the prices. American's are the ones who pay for the increased cost...

Then why are they moving?

Wake up!

Anything!

Because they can and so they don't get taxed to death.

Sorry a nap attack took over.

Yes, they're moving because it is cheaper to operate out of Ireland than the USA. It's basically why taxing the rich/businesses "more" doesn't work and isn't sustainable. The more you crank up the taxes the less incentive they have to stay. The US must compete with the global market for not only corporate/business taxes, but also labor and production costs. There is no way around it.

Wake up!

Anything!

Because they can and so they don't get taxed to death.

Why don't they just increase their price like you said?

Forum List

Back