POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
I'm not interested in giving up.
That's your right I suppose.

deadhorse.gif

So it's your belief that the Democrats want to kill you?
I don't know if they're democrats, but you have students at your own colleges chanting "death to America".

Perhaps they're planning to kill themselves? I'm sure they're NOT REPUBLICANS whatever they are.

Let's say you're right. His next four years wouldn't be much like his first four. There will be no one around him to provide any constraints in any way. Four years of pure retribution. Pure payback for all the suffering they've (been told they've) endured. There's a lot of damage that can be done.
Well 2 things there....

First, he’s term limited so there is less need to kiss the ring.

Secondly, Do you think any amount of appeasement would stop that?
This is what they live for. Payback. I had said it dozens of times; Trump is about sticking it to people. It doesn’t matter who.

I don't know what MAGA looks like when he's gone.
Sure you do. The TEA party. The cause du jour until you don’t need them to be the cause du jour. Ever hear any of the same guys who trumpeted the TEA party bring it up recently? No. Me neither.
The theory is that a string of losses would wear it down, but who knows. I've just never seen a rage like this, and I've never seen this ability of theirs to believe the most ridiculous things. So I'm not making any predictions, that's for sure.
You don’t think black girls being killed in a church bombing was rage? That was from the Democrats but back then the Democrats were the conservatives by and large--at least in the south.

MAGA is pretty much proof of what I was discussing earlier. If America is a shining city on a hill, MAGA is the change in the wind across that town that blows over the landfill first. They are the strong stench of the shameful past that you see from time to time. Ripping kids from their parents because they are brown, wanting to imprision folks for shoplifting or having abortions (same level of crime in their eyes), and pure unvarnished hatred. You saw it on this thread.

Last edited:
I don't know if they're democrats, but you have students at your own colleges chanting "death to America".

Perhaps they're planning to kill themselves? I'm sure they're NOT REPUBLICANS whatever they are.
Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "death".

We have plenty of people on this thread who would be fine splitting America up. That certainly seems like "death to America" to me.

But Democrats wanting you dead? No, even if that's what MTG has said.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Maybe some of divisions aren't big deals and some are and maybe division/disagreement is inherent. When you say things like heal the divide I honestly have no idea what that means. Were humans ever one harmonious group without disagreement until some tragic event separated us? Or were we always a collection of people cooperating and competing at various times according to our various personal motivations? It's not really healing is it if it was never actually the way things were. It's just more fantasy which you people seem to love around here.

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "death".

We have plenty of people on this thread who would be fine splitting America up. That certainly seems like "death to America" to me.

But Democrats wanting you dead? No, even if that's what MTG has said.
I'm pretty sure they're advocating the destruction of the nation at the very least. That's what THEY MEAN by "death", if they're not advocating the systematic execution of all the people who oppose their "cause".

So I can understand when other people assert the solution to preserving their nation might be some short helicopter rides.

Again, I don't know if those young fools are "democrats", green party members, libertarians (I doubt) or "independents", but I'm sure they're NOT planning to vote Trump.

Again, I don't know if those young fools are "democrats", green party members, libertarians (I doubt) or "independents", but I'm sure they're NOT planning to vote Trump.
I caught a glimpse of an interview with a couple of them just a few minutes ago, and I was thinking they remind me of the standard-issue college radicals of the 60's and 70's. That's not to say I think their viewpoints have no merit, but the similarities are pretty clear.

That said, I don't think they want to kill or harm other Americans, and I support their right to (peacefully) protest as I support the right of anyone else to. What I'd like to see is more calm and less hyperbole, and I think there are some who have a vested professional interest in stoking paranoia and rage.

And FOX, and OAN, and Newsmax, and the NYPost, and Briebart, and the Epoch Times, and the favorite of MAGA the Gateway Pundit.... :rolleyes-41:

They are endless on the internet, on both sides....
ALL MEDIA is designed to sway public opinion. NONE OF IT simply reports the truth without inserting some manipulative twist.

That said, the one outlet that is supposed to be the most unbiased, the most objective and fact based reporting is the government funded NPR. Yet it's CEO publicly declares truth to be an obstacle.

I know that everything I read is propaganda, what I find insufferable are the masses who continue to believe people who tell them to their faces that they're being lied to.

I caught a glimpse of an interview with a couple of them just a few minutes ago, and I was thinking they remind me of the standard-issue college radicals of the 60's and 70's. That's not to say I think their viewpoints have no merit, but the similarities are pretty clear.

That said, I don't think they want to kill or harm other Americans, and I support their right to (peacefully) protest as I support the right of anyone else to. What I'd like to see is more calm and less hyperbole, and I think there are some who have a vested professional interest in stoking paranoia and rage.
I don't think any of those vapid zealots on the campuses want to exert themselves for any cause to be honest.

That said the most dangerous and deadly thing on this planet are authoritarian governments, empowered by people who would either not care or champion the extermination of people they're programmed to hate for whatever reason. During Stalin's regime millions were killed because ordinary citizens would use KGB agents against their neighbors by "informing" on them.

We are witnessing this on a seriously minimized scale currently, but I believe the only reason mass murders have not been manifested is because of the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back