1,000 Veterans protest flag removal

Veterans protest flag removal at Hampshire College

Hey if they don't want the flag up they don't need federal funds of any kind either.
I'd sure like to hear more on this. The article says the flag came down after the election, implying but not SAYING, that the election results was the cause. This seems less a news article and more like a simple accusation. We especially need to hear why, the actual why, without guesses. Anyway, count me in with the protesters. I can think of no reason to remove our flag.

Veterans protest flag removal at Hampshire College

Hey if they don't want the flag up they don't need federal funds of any kind either.
I'd sure like to hear more on this. The article says the flag came down after the election, implying but not SAYING, that the election results was the cause. This seems less a news article and more like a simple accusation. We especially need to hear why, the actual why, without guesses. Anyway, count me in with the protesters. I can think of no reason to remove our flag.

Someone lowered the flag to half staff after the election, and then soon after someone burned said flag. Instead of standing up to this, the admin of the school decided that flight was better than flight, and removed all flags from the campus.

[...]Courtmanche said in a statement. "We've heard from members of our community that, for them and for many in our country, the flag is a powerful symbol of fear they've felt all their lives because they grew up as people of color, never feeling safe. For others, it's a symbol of their highest aspirations for the country." - Hampshire College removes US flag from campus - CNN.com

Every country has a flag. If you don't go for the one that is in your face, you are free to make your home in another country at any time.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back