$10.10. A killer for the rich.

Yet people who earn the minimum wage can still buy the most advanced phones, own a computer, and access the most advanced library the world has ever seen.

And that is wrong, how?

It shows they are making more than enough to live on. Those are luxuries, not necessities.

If it can be argued that a car is a necessity, then the same can more easily be said about a computer (and internet) in this day & age.

It wasn't that long ago that people considered Ma Bell a luxury, then a modern necessity, and now mostly obsolete to cells.

I've been explaining what is "FAIR" in about the last 20 posts I've posted here. Are you reading thte thread. FAIR is what it takes in a community for a person to make himself a LIVING (in exchange for 40 hours per week of work). In many places in the US, nowadays, that might be about $20/hour (which would be $130/hour less than what I paid my salespeople)

What the hell is a "living wage"? Does it eat, breath and speak or something?

:lol:

You want a picture drawn, in living color ? It's what it takes to pay for housing, food, clothing, a car, car & home insurance, utilities, furniture, and a few luxuries. Got it ?

And doesn't include drug habits, gambling, or any other such stupidities.
Outside of the fact that this entire thread is so much BS, let Me remind you that while you're wrong about minimum wage, the rest of America is not.

Only 4.7% of the population works for minimum wage. Go look it up.

That means that Americans get it. You get minimum wage job, work it a year or two, and then begin the upward progression of your working, adult life.

Even those who have had to settle for a minimum wage job have only to wait until the democrat figures out how to get the economy going again, to get back into a well paying job.

You really need to learn to think before typing.

In 2012, there were 3.6 million hourly paid workers in the United States with wages at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. These workers made up 4.7 percent of the 75.3 million workers age 16 and over who were paid at hourly rates. In 2012, 6 percent of women who were paid hourly rates had wages at or below the prevailing federal minimum, compared with about 3 percent of men.

Minimum wage workers account for 4.7 percent of hourly paid workers in 2012 : The Editor’s Desk : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Not too likely. Ever work for minimum wage ? People who do get cars repossessed, watch TV (if they have one) with rabbit ears, get their car insurance cancelled, and their electricity turned, or one of these. But computers and advance phones ? who have you been listening too ? Ever work for minimum wage ? If you had, you wouldn't be talking about MW workers buying smart phones.
Maybe these "people" shouldn't by cars they can't afford.

Better yet, maybe they should get paid enough so they can afford necessities. A car in most places is a necessity.

A right to a car, that is interesting. What kind of car?

I thought we had public transportation for this reason. If low income people shouldn't use it, and should be given a car instead, why not get rid of public transit?

When wages go up in the community (as occurs with a raise in the MW), so does sales, hadn't you heard ? Try taking a course in microeconomics.

as well as prices and the cost of living...

try taking a course in basic economics, dumb fuck...

HA HA. You're the dumb fuck. I used to teach this stuff in college (City University of New York) Prices don't go up as a result of MW increase, or any other added cost either. Selling prices are called "the market price". They come from the market (NOT THE SELLER), and are set at the level which is the highest price they can charge, without going up to where sales drop enough to cause income/profit to fall, causing LOSSES. This is graphically illustrated by a bell-shaped curve with income on the Y axis, and prices going up on the X axis, and the market price at the top of the curve. Thousands of 18 year old freshmen college kids (who completed a course in microeconomics) know this simple fact, but you don't, you dumb shit.

Oh some businesses Do raise prices (the dummies). They're the same one who go out of business from fallen sales. Mismanagement > the number 1 cause of business failure.

PS - Hint: Business can't lay people off either. Want to talk stupid on that one too ?

so the basic laws of economics don't apply in places like New York...?

and all the young folks there have been trained / indoctrinated to ignore 'em...

thanks for the heads-up 'bout where to avoid dumb-shit motherfuckers...

Last edited:
What the hell is a "living wage"? Does it eat, breath and speak or something?

:lol:

You want a picture drawn, in living color ? It's what it takes to pay for housing, food, clothing, a car, car & home insurance, utilities, furniture, and a few luxuries. Got it ?

Outside of the fact that this entire thread is so much BS, let Me remind you that while you're wrong about minimum wage, the rest of America is not.

That means that Americans get it. You get minimum wage job, work it a year or two, and then begin the upward progression of your working, adult life.

Even those who have had to settle for a minimum wage job have only to wait until the democrat figures out how to get the economy going again, to get back into a well paying job.

In 2012, there were 3.6 million hourly paid workers in the United States with wages at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. These workers made up 4.7 percent of the 75.3 million workers age 16 and over who were paid at hourly rates. In 2012, 6 percent of women who were paid hourly rates had wages at or below the prevailing federal minimum, compared with about 3 percent of men.

Minimum wage workers account for 4.7 percent of hourly paid workers in 2012 : The Editor’s Desk : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

That number is going to go waaay up when the minimum wage is bumped up nearly $3/hour.

Why did Obama ask for a $10.10 minimum wage? All this will do is take away the power of the government from the private sector and put in the hands of a bunch of senseless Americans. We as Americans must realize that the rich are the people that offer the true economic opportunities that this nation has to offer. The $10.10 minimum wage will bring the social classes together and there won't be any room for mobility. We must keep corporate America.

Well don't set your pants on fire just yet--LOL. Obama will sign into law a $10 minimum wage for FEDERAL (contract) workers ONLY. Meaning Haliburton will be required to pay the $10.10 dollar minimum wage to laborers on government contracts.

Employers in this country are most made up of small business people. In fact, they are the largest employer in this nation today. In 2015 they are going to get hit with the employer mandate OBAMACARE that will greatly add a enormous expense to their bottom lines.

They can ill afford a $10.10 cent per hour inexperienced employee to add to the cost they already have.

Furthermore, if there is a 10.10 dollar minimum wage McDonald's is going to have to charge $8.00 for a hamburger. All cost will go up to accommodate this new minimum wage, including at the grocery store and everywhere else. Who does this really hurt? The elderly that are on fixed incomes and the poor who don't work.

Last edited:

That number is going to go waaay up when the minimum wage is bumped up nearly $3/hour.
It won't be going up for the rest of us. Just the federal government contract workers.

I know you don't want to know facts.

That's right. Not about that, I don't. I'm not interested in black markets of drugs. Maybe if I was a cop, I might be. I'd rather think about more pleasant things, like learning new songs on my guitar.

You find lying about unbridled capitalism more relaxing than learning.

Is anyone surprised?

You don't get a paycheck for learning--you get a paycheck for producing.

Not too likely. Ever work for minimum wage ? People who do get cars repossessed, watch TV (if they have one) with rabbit ears, get their car insurance cancelled, and their electricity turned, or one of these. But computers and advance phones ? who have you been listening too ? Ever work for minimum wage ? If you had, you wouldn't be talking about MW workers buying smart phones.

Better yet, maybe they should get paid enough so they can afford necessities. A car in most places is a necessity.

Feel free to buy them a car any time you like.

Yep and on OUR terms. You know being responsible for ourselves.
Yep. Our terms again...that responsibility thing....
Responsible people DO, and they are the BEST at what they do and can command wages commensurate with their skills because they have a goal and are responsible.
Best deal going. And even the consumer gets a deal too!
He was not forced at gun point to pay for my services.

Amen. Responsible people working for the benefit of all involved with NO government meddling. Free Market...what a concept.

Paying people immoral wages like $7.25/hour is not for the benefit of the worker. It is robbery of his labor hours. Govt only meddles when you are Irresponsible by paying such despicable wages. You ought to be ashamed of yourself to speak in favor of such a thing.

No one ever claimed employers higher people out of the goodness of their hearts. However, people do benefit from having a job. If they thought they could get a better deal elsewhere, they would do so.

They idea that one number is "immoral" while another slightly higher number is "moral" is idiotic and without any kind of rational basis.

Most likely not a cost at all, but instead a GAIN, once you factor in the increased sales from the increase in disposable income.

Because money is magic.

When wages go up in the community (as occurs with a raise in the MW), so does sales, hadn't you heard ? Try taking a course in microeconomics.

True only if wages go up because of private investment in the community. If the cause of the rise in wages is some government mandate, then higher unemployment is the result.

I know you don't want to know facts.

That's right. Not about that, I don't. I'm not interested in black markets of drugs. Maybe if I was a cop, I might be. I'd rather think about more pleasant things, like learning new songs on my guitar.

You find lying about unbridled capitalism more relaxing than learning.

Is anyone surprised?

I'll take care of the teaching around here. You'll be the student. Now go do your homework.

I know people who make minimum wage who have never had a car repossessed, but don't tell the idiot that.

You'd have been more credible if you would have stopped at the word "car". Too late now. Sorry. :lol:

as well as prices and the cost of living...

try taking a course in basic economics, dumb fuck...

HA HA. You're the dumb fuck. I used to teach this stuff in college (City University of New York) Prices don't go up as a result of MW increase, or any other added cost either. Selling prices are called "the market price". They come from the market (NOT THE SELLER), and are set at the level which is the highest price they can charge, without going up to where sales drop enough to cause income/profit to fall, causing LOSSES. This is graphically illustrated by a bell-shaped curve with income on the Y axis, and prices going up on the X axis, and the market price at the top of the curve. Thousands of 18 year old freshmen college kids (who completed a course in microeconomics) know this simple fact, but you don't, you dumb shit.

Oh some businesses Do raise prices (the dummies). They're the same one who go out of business from fallen sales. Mismanagement > the number 1 cause of business failure.

PS - Hint: Business can't lay people off either. Want to talk stupid on that one too ?

If you actually taught that it is no wonder you don't have a job anymore.

No need to broadcast your ignorance. We would have guessed it anyway. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. (Burt Reynolds laugh)

http://i44.tinypic.com/29apboi.jpg

So tell me. This price that you're thinking of raising to compensate for a raise in the MW. If you think that higher price will bring in more money, why didn't you raise it to that price last month ? Or 2 months ago ? Or 3 months ago ? Or...or.....or...or...or
HA.This is getting too funny.

Last edited:
As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

It never has in the past, so why do conservatives continue to tell us it will?

Because money is magic.

True only if wages go up because of private investment in the community. If the cause of the rise in wages is some government mandate, then higher unemployment is the result.

That's wrong. To illustrate, I'll use the business of my ex-wife as an example. She had a boutique in a nice indoor mall. The MW went up. She had 10 workers. So should she lay off somebody to compensate for the added labor cost ? You seem to think so.

Well think about it. Why do you think she had 10 workers ? (rather than some other number) Because 10 was her lucky number ? Or maybe because 10 is easier to do arithmetic with ? Or perhaps maybe she was a philanthropist, and just wanted to give an extra person a job, huh ?

EARTH TO ALL ECONOMICS KNOW-NOTHINGS: She had 10 workers because she made more money with 10 than any other number, that's why, and it's the only reason why. So if she were to lay somebody off, guess what happens. Her sales go down. That's why she had 10 to begin with. It's the # of employees with which she maximized her sales. Any more or less than that optimum number, and she'll LOSE money. And in business, you can't do anything that causes you to lose money. Got it ?

Forum List

Back