$10.10. A killer for the rich.

Yet people who earn the minimum wage can still buy the most advanced phones, own a computer, and access the most advanced library the world has ever seen.

Not too likely. Ever work for minimum wage ? People who do get cars repossessed, watch TV (if they have one) with rabbit ears, get their car insurance cancelled, and their electricity turned, or one of these. But computers and advance phones ? who have you been listening too ? Ever work for minimum wage ? If you had, you wouldn't be talking about MW workers buying smart phones.

I worked minimum wage for several years...

fat 'n happy, barely paying my bills...

working at jobs that paid me more that what the job was worth...

'n then I finally was able to rediscover my basic human initiative... which had, for all intents and purposes, been stolen from me by the various "beneficial" government programs and edicts...

I then threw off the government yoke and left the plantation... and finally, once and for all, made myself a productive member of society...

Why is everybody talking to me about govt programs, the govt yoke, and all that ? I don't recall mentioning it.

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

It never has in the past, so why do conservatives continue to tell us it will?

So they can stuff their pockets with money that should have gone to their employees in a higher wage (AKA GREED) But they're not real conservatives.

Why did Obama ask for a $10.10 minimum wage? All this will do is take away the power of the government from the private sector and put in the hands of a bunch of senseless Americans. We as Americans must realize that the rich are the people that offer the true economic opportunities that this nation has to offer. The $10.10 minimum wage will bring the social classes together and there won't be any room for mobility. We must keep corporate America.

Hallelujah and Amen to that.

as well as prices and the cost of living...

try taking a course in basic economics, dumb fuck...

HA HA. You're the dumb fuck. I used to teach this stuff in college (City University of New York) Prices don't go up as a result of MW increase, or any other added cost either. Selling prices are called "the market price". They come from the market (NOT THE SELLER), and are set at the level which is the highest price they can charge, without going up to where sales drop enough to cause income/profit to fall, causing LOSSES. This is graphically illustrated by a bell-shaped curve with income on the Y axis, and prices going up on the X axis, and the market price at the top of the curve. Thousands of 18 year old freshmen college kids (who completed a course in microeconomics) know this simple fact, but you don't, you dumb shit.

Oh some businesses Do raise prices (the dummies). They're the same one who go out of business from fallen sales. Mismanagement > the number 1 cause of business failure.

PS - Hint: Business can't lay people off either. Want to talk stupid on that one too ?

so the basic laws of economics don't apply in places like New York...?

and all the young folks there have been trained / indoctrinated to ignore 'em...

thanks for the heads-up 'bout where to avoid dumb-shit motherfuckers...

"basic law of economics" ? I just taught it to you. It's in your quote. Did you have some other basic law of economics, I can't wait to hear ?

Why did Obama ask for a $10.10 minimum wage? All this will do is take away the power of the government from the private sector and put in the hands of a bunch of senseless Americans. We as Americans must realize that the rich are the people that offer the true economic opportunities that this nation has to offer. The $10.10 minimum wage will bring the social classes together and there won't be any room for mobility. We must keep corporate America.

Well don't set your pants on fire just yet--LOL. Obama will sign into law a $10 minimum wage for FEDERAL (contract) workers ONLY. Meaning Haliburton will be required to pay the $10.10 dollar minimum wage to laborers on government contracts.

Employers in this country are most made up of small business people. In fact, they are the largest employer in this nation today. In 2015 they are going to get hit with the employer mandate OBAMACARE that will greatly add a enormous expense to their bottom lines.

They can ill afford a $10.10 cent per hour inexperienced employee to add to the cost they already have.

Furthermore, if there is a 10.10 dollar minimum wage McDonald's is going to have to charge $8.00 for a hamburger. All cost will go up to accommodate this new minimum wage, including at the grocery store and everywhere else. Who does this really hurt? The elderly that are on fixed incomes and the poor who don't work.

This ignorant silliness was all refuted in Post # 193.

Hell of trick to accomodate for a new MW, by doing something that causes you to LOSE money. So maybe I'll have to ask you too. If having an $8.00 hamburger could bring in more money, then why only NOW, this $8.00 hamburger ? Didn't McDonalds want to make more money in previous months also ? :lol:

PS - no consideration for the extra sales$$$$$$ that are going to come in from people having more money in their pockets. Just decided to pass on that subject ? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Uh the janitors, security guards, lawn keepers, etc working on GOV facilities.

If a military base has a set budget and will have to pay $2-$3 more per hour per worker, then that means less workers for the contract.......good job.

You're just a stupid liberal, this is too much for your inferior brain.

:lol: You're an idiot. I'm not a liberal. The liberals are the ones who think this crap is going to do something for someone. But it's not. Not many, anyway. But hey, get worked up if you want. Yet another puppet being manipulated by the politicians.

But that figure sounds “extraordinarily high” to Kevin Brancato, a senior defense analyst with Bloomberg Government, because most workers employed by government contractors already earn more. Service and construction contracts are governed by two specific laws—the Service Contracting Act and the Davis-Bacon Act—that require the government to pay at least the prevailing wages in any given area.

A Minimum Wage Raise for Federal Contractors Won't Change That Much - Businessweek

Well don't set your pants on fire just yet--LOL. Obama will sign into law a $10 minimum wage for FEDERAL (contract) workers ONLY. Meaning Haliburton will be required to pay the $10.10 dollar minimum wage to laborers on government contracts.

Employers in this country are most made up of small business people. In fact, they are the largest employer in this nation today. In 2015 they are going to get hit with the employer mandate OBAMACARE that will greatly add a enormous expense to their bottom lines.

They can ill afford a $10.10 cent per hour inexperienced employee to add to the cost they already have.

Furthermore, if there is a 10.10 dollar minimum wage McDonald's is going to have to charge $8.00 for a hamburger. All cost will go up to accommodate this new minimum wage, including at the grocery store and everywhere else. Who does this really hurt? The elderly that are on fixed incomes and the poor who don't work.

I take exception to your words in red because they are outright lies.

First, the order doesn't even go into effect until next year, so it won't make any difference right now. Second, it only applies to new contracts, not existing ones, or even ones that are renewed. Third, most companies that bid on federal contracts already pay more than minimum wage due to the fact that the Davis-Bacon Act requires employers to pay a prevailing wage, which is usually defined as a union wage.

But some will keep pretending Obama actually helped someone, I am sure it makes them feel better.

That's right. Not about that, I don't. I'm not interested in black markets of drugs. Maybe if I was a cop, I might be. I'd rather think about more pleasant things, like learning new songs on my guitar.

You find lying about unbridled capitalism more relaxing than learning.

Is anyone surprised?

You don't get a paycheck for learning--you get a paycheck for producing.

How do you know what I get paid for?

HA HA. You're the dumb fuck. I used to teach this stuff in college (City University of New York) Prices don't go up as a result of MW increase, or any other added cost either. Selling prices are called "the market price". They come from the market (NOT THE SELLER), and are set at the level which is the highest price they can charge, without going up to where sales drop enough to cause income/profit to fall, causing LOSSES. This is graphically illustrated by a bell-shaped curve with income on the Y axis, and prices going up on the X axis, and the market price at the top of the curve. Thousands of 18 year old freshmen college kids (who completed a course in microeconomics) know this simple fact, but you don't, you dumb shit.

Oh some businesses Do raise prices (the dummies). They're the same one who go out of business from fallen sales. Mismanagement > the number 1 cause of business failure.

PS - Hint: Business can't lay people off either. Want to talk stupid on that one too ?

If you actually taught that it is no wonder you don't have a job anymore.

No need to broadcast your ignorance. We would have guessed it anyway. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. (Burt Reynolds laugh)

http://i44.tinypic.com/29apboi.jpg

So tell me. This price that you're thinking of raising to compensate for a raise in the MW. If you think that higher price will bring in more money, why didn't you raise it to that price last month ? Or 2 months ago ? Or 3 months ago ? Or...or.....or...or...or
HA.This is getting too funny.

I don't need to worry about minimum wage, I am my only employee.

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

It never has in the past, so why do conservatives continue to tell us it will?

Why do you keep complaining about WalMArt crowding out the local mom and pop stores if the minimum wage has never hurt small businesses?

1% of working americans make minimum wage and most of those are part time teenagers flipping burgers

this is a non-issue.

And you are a purposeful liar, or are too damned lazy to do the research. First, in 2011, there were 3.8 million workers making minimum wage. And I bet double that number making less than 10.10 an hour. Second, 49% of those were adult women, 28% adult men.

Who makes minimum wage? - Economy

Who would benefit if the minimum wage rose from $7.25 to $9 an hour?
As of 2011, about 3.8 million hourly workers earned at or below the minimum wage, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Of these people, about 49% are women age 20 or older, 59% have a high school diploma or less, and about 24% are teenagers between the ages of 16 and 19.

Yep and on OUR terms. You know being responsible for ourselves.
Yep. Our terms again...that responsibility thing....
Responsible people DO, and they are the BEST at what they do and can command wages commensurate with their skills because they have a goal and are responsible.
Best deal going. And even the consumer gets a deal too!
Amen. Responsible people working for the benefit of all involved with NO government meddling. Free Market...what a concept.

Paying people immoral wages like $7.25/hour is not for the benefit of the worker. It is robbery of his labor hours. Govt only meddles when you are Irresponsible by paying such despicable wages. You ought to be ashamed of yourself to speak in favor of such a thing.

The tea party economic plan is to compete with the slave labor of china and india. It is really sad. If you don't have the resources to send your children to school = you lose within the tea partier mind. This is really bad for America.
Here in America public-schools are free.

1% of working americans make minimum wage and most of those are part time teenagers flipping burgers

this is a non-issue.

Well except for the trickle up effect.. the increase of the cost of goods and services.. and the impact of raising unemployment

The real reason behind the increase in minimum wage is that many union contracts follow the minimum wage, so it doesn't just mean a raise for those making it, but also all of those union workers whose contracts stipulate an automatic increase when the minimum wage is increased. Another payoff to unions.

Hence why I said the trickle up effect

Not just the unions either

That supervisor who used to make $9 an hour while the burger flipper made $7.50, now they are going to be content to make the same as the flipper? No.... The Apprentice electrician who made $11 is now gonna be happy making just $1 more than the flipper is gonna be happy? No... The list goes on.. and all this does is change the numeric value of the floor... it raises nobody up in actuality... they are now just the working poor making $10/hr instead of $7.50 an hour.. with less of the working and things costing more...

I know people who make minimum wage who have never had a car repossessed, but don't tell the idiot that.

You'd have been more credible if you would have stopped at the word "car". Too late now. Sorry. :lol:

You are the one that thinks that your neighborhood grocer can compete with WalMart if the minimum wage goes up.

1. I didn't say anything about any "neighborhood grocer", you said that. Funny how people keep saying I said things that I didn't.

2. Just curious. what do you think is the effect that of that MW hike on the local grocer (or on WalMart too, for that matter) ?

Last edited:
Well except for the trickle up effect.. the increase of the cost of goods and services.. and the impact of raising unemployment

The real reason behind the increase in minimum wage is that many union contracts follow the minimum wage, so it doesn't just mean a raise for those making it, but also all of those union workers whose contracts stipulate an automatic increase when the minimum wage is increased. Another payoff to unions.

Hence why I said the trickle up effect

Not just the unions either

That supervisor who used to make $9 an hour while the burger flipper made $7.50, now they are going to be content to make the same as the flipper? No.... The Apprentice electrician who made $11 is now gonna be happy making just $1 more than the flipper is gonna be happy? No... The list goes on.. and all this does is change the numeric value of the floor... it raises nobody up in actuality... they are now just the working poor making $10/hr instead of $7.50 an hour.. with less of the working and things costing more...

I have applied to min. wage jobs but never get called back, probably cause I made more in the past? No, probably my age.

Paying people immoral wages like $7.25/hour is not for the benefit of the worker. It is robbery of his labor hours. Govt only meddles when you are Irresponsible by paying such despicable wages. You ought to be ashamed of yourself to speak in favor of such a thing.

The tea party economic plan is to compete with the slave labor of china and india. It is really sad. If you don't have the resources to send your children to school = you lose within the tea partier mind. This is really bad for America.
Here in America public-schools are free.

I went through the public school system all the way through 4 years of college, and a year of graduate school, and I taught in it too. (City University of New York, the University of Tennessee, and Memphis State University). Long live the public school system. One of the most worthwhile endeavors ever created. :clap2:

In January of 2008, the first Month of the "Great Recession" under President of The United States of America, George Walker Bush, the Youth Unemployment rate stood at just over 11%.

Right now, under the Stuttering Clusterfuck Of A Lying Piece Of Shit, it is at just over 16%... With the Recession ended almost five (5) years ago (Jun, 2009).

Increasing the Minimum Wage will only aggravate an already serious problem for our youth.

Or should I say, our yutes...

large_my_cousin_vinny_blu-ray11.jpeg

But, dimocraps invariably do more harm to themselves than their opponents.

Without fail :dunno:

Whatever :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back