10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

You are delusional, your link said nothing about subsidies going to big oil. I guess you are new here, cause the subsidy idea has long been proved as a lie.
I ran it through fact check
You are incorrect Billions are given to Big Oil every year.

My wife was driving from El Paso to San Antonio and a ridgeline between there had a lot of wind turbines. Not one was moving as there was no wind. My wife thought for a long time that windmills would be good, not so much now.....
The state of Texas disagrees with her.

Does solar work after the sun goes down? Does end turbines turn in small wind conditions?
Do you live in the darkness 24 hours a day ? Ever heard of battery storage ? You guys are morons. Try actually thinking. No one invests in a totally bad idea. And 700 companies in America are making / have made substantial investments in Green energy. Which makes yo guys look like fools or just plain liars .

The state of Texas disagrees with her.
They are the biggest investor in wind and Solar of any state even beating California. Amazing given it's a Republican state. At least they got one thing right.

It's a free country but since we already have per kWh numbers, it's a waste of time. Do you not understand that?
Now look who is proving he is the one that is dodging.

Your post was meaningless. How much CO2 is being emitted today? Regardless of the kwh produced, wind and solar manufacturing is emitting CO2 every day.

Yes, you posted an editorial by a Yale editor. Nothing that means a thing.

Today
1200 tons of CO2 is emitted just from the fiberglass production alone

It's a free country but since we already have per kWh numbers, it's a waste of time. Do you not understand that?
You accused me of dodging when I asked a simple question. Now that I am posting numbers you dont want to see them!

Today
82,000 tons of CO2 is emitted just from the steel manufacturing
18,000 tons of CO2 is emitted from the concrete

100,000 tons of CO2 a day is emitted by Wind and Solar power.

Last edited:
Do you live in the darkness 24 hours a day ? Ever heard of battery storage ? You guys are morons. Try actually thinking. No one invests in a totally bad idea. And 700 companies in America are making / have made substantial investments in Green energy. Which makes yo guys look like fools or just plain liars .

Do you live in the darkness 24 hours a day ? Ever heard of battery storage ?

How much battery storage would we need in Chicago for a cold, snowy February?
How much solar? How much would each cost?

And 700 companies in America are making / have made substantial investments in Green energy.

Waste enough taxpayer dollars subsidizing stupid shit, a lot of stupid shit gets done.

You accused me of dodging when I asked a simple question. Now that I am posting numbers you dont want to see them!

Today
82,000 tons of CO2 is emitted just from the steel manufacturing
18,000 tons of CO2 is emitted from the concrete

100,000 tons of CO2 a day is emitted by Wind and Solar power.
All that crap is included in the wee table I posted in #489.

Yes, thinking, why are there trillions in subsidies for wind, solar, electric cars, and battery storage?

cause nobody invests in a bad idea, so the government pays off the investment, subsidies is the name of the game
Big Oil has been subsidized for over 100 years now begining in 1916.Total amount of government subsidies to Big Oil over the years - couldn't find . Last year a new record was made 40 billion. When Big Oil was making record profits. That adds up to trillions in my book.

30 wind turbines are built every day. Each one requiring at least 40 tons of fiberglass.

1200 tons of CO2 is emitted just from the fiberglass production alone. We need to also establish the amount of energy needed. That will be in joules converted into mwh.

17 GJ of power are consumed for every tonne of melted glass.

5666.6666667 mwh of energy is needed every day to just make the fiberglass!

That is 5.6 gwh! How many wind turbines does it take to 5.6 gwh?

Crick
Do you understand the difference between GW and GWh?

Big Oil has been subsidized for over 100 years now begining in 1916.Total amount of government subsidies to Big Oil over the years - couldn't find . Last year a new record was made 40 billion. When Big Oil was making record profits. That adds up to trillions in my book.
sorry, big oil is not subsidized, whenever you figure out how to cut/paste, go ahead and link to your bullshit and I will show you why you are so confused

200,000 tons of CO2, every day is emitted into the air, by Solar and Wind. I guess that is green CO2 cause it comes from green energy!

200,000 tons of CO2 everyday, how does that help our environment?
Do you understand what I've been saying to you? I'm pretty sure that almost everyone else here does, so if you don't, maybe you ought to stop and think about it before shoving your size 11s any further down your own throat.

Do you understand the difference between GW and GWh?
do you understand that when we speak of electricity, we speak in hours, not seconds, not minutes, not days

giga watts per hour, is how we measure electricity, unless we are speaking of wind and solar, then we must wait until there is a hour of wind and pure sunlight, until the wind blows, or the sun shines, we only get the emissions, 200,000 tons of CO2 everyday, from Wind and Solar

200,000 tons of CO2 is emitted daily by solar and wind.

Forum List

Back