14 and 17 year old injured in shooting, why can't guns be banned?

I have studies that show that armed Americans do lower the crime rate, though the biggest factor is police...since they actually solve and capture criminals.....but armed Americans can and do lower the crime rate.

As to the Pew result? What it shows is that everything you believe about guns and Americans owning guns is wrong. You guys keep telling us that more guns in more hands = more crime and more gun crime......and as over 20 years of actual gun ownership in the United States shows....that isn't true...so the fundamental argument you guys make for taking guns away from Americans....has no factual basis...at all....

And the data from Britain...shows that doing what you want...banning and confiscating guns.....does not lower the gun crime rate....and in fact, can lead to it going up...since gun crime in London went up 42% just last year, and their violent crime rate is through the roof......

I've counted. You have 6 different points to make, and you repeat them continuously, no matter how many times they have been shot down. Why don't you just number them so you don't have to do all that typing? It would be so much easier for you to post #5 and #2 instead of all that crap above.
They havent been shot down dumb ass. In the US more firearms has lead to LESS murder LESS crime. as PROVEN by the last 25 years statistics. You and your ilk have screamed that concealed and open carry would lead to MORE crime and yet NOT IN A SINGLE STATE has that happened ANYWHERE. No wild west shootouts like you claimed no extra murders no extra shootings. In fact it has lead to LESS crime and LESS murder.

0.23 deaths per 100,000 is pretty hard to beat. How close do you think we are?
3.0 or there about However isnt it telling you ignore the fact we dropped by a significant number while England went up?

I use the gun murder rate which is as you have stated 3 per 100000 Bulldog is also including suicide which isn't a crime

It's not a crime, but still effected by the number of guns available. Removing suicide from the calculation would further reduce England's rate per 100,000 substantially as well.

Nobody in the UK would countenance having the same gun laws as the US. Nobody in the first world would do so.
Europe is a lot safer than the US and will be until you get some form of sanity on this issue.
Why do you allow yourselves to be slaughtered like this ?
Nobody in the US would countenance bending the knee to a monarch. So it seems the divide between you subjects and we free people is and always will be irreconcilable.

Reducing the senseless death rate has nothing to do with bending the knee to any monarch.

It does when you're British.

We are not like those people who still grovel in front of a monarch. And thank goodness for that
You do understand that the Queen has zero power dont you ? There was a civil war that removed it before America was born.

Violent crime INCLUDES gun crime idiot

Yes it does, but it is only a part, and the thread is about guns, not all the causes and remedies for the entire crime rate.

But you people always say guns cause crime don't you?

We have more guns and a decreasing crime rate. So it seems guns don't cause crime.

All the gun laws in the UK did not lower their murder rate below what it was before the gun laws were passed did they? Their gun crime rate is rising ours is falling.

What you people never seem to understand is that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are not the problem yet you want to hold gun owners responsible for crimes committed with guns

In ever said guns increase crime. Guns increase senseless death. You can't argue with a 0.23 per 100,000 gun related death rate, especially compared to our gun related death rate.

And you keep including suicide

Suicide is a choice that is all it is all it ever will be.

Murder is senseless and i have already shown that gun laws do not decrease the murder rate.

You've shown nothing but a silly list of gun nut talking points that can be disproved by any teenager.

No here you go

List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade - Wikipedia

Look at the chart and tell me what the murder r ate for the UK was in 1950
What was it for the US in 1950

What was the murder rate for the UK in 2010
WHat was it for the US in 2010

Answers since you probably can't figure it out from the chart yourself

UK murder rate in 1950 .79 per 100000
US murder rate in 1950 4.6 per 100000

UK murder rate in 2010 1.14 per 100000
US murder rate in 2010 4.5 per 100000

so tell me what id the UK's gun laws do for their murder rate?

NY city, LA, and Chicago with strict gun laws have a murder rate[ per capita ] far lower than very pro-gun St Louis
NYC much lower
Chicago was well below 50%
those states have lower murder rate than pro-gun Missouri
those cities have a much denser population than STL
..this is crosschecked by STL rated higher on most dangerous cities lists
in fact, STL is the murder capital
St. Louis named murder capital of America – Report
on many comment sites, I see the pro-gunners cite Chicago as a gun law failure--but as you can see in these undeniable stats--it is a huge success compared to very pro-gun STL
Chi murders 2015 - 468 population 2,700,000
NYc murders 2015 328 population 8,500,000
StL murders 2015 188 population 315,000
.....that's well below 50%... a huge difference

and this without equal nationwide gun laws

Last edited:
Yes it does, but it is only a part, and the thread is about guns, not all the causes and remedies for the entire crime rate.

But you people always say guns cause crime don't you?

We have more guns and a decreasing crime rate. So it seems guns don't cause crime.

All the gun laws in the UK did not lower their murder rate below what it was before the gun laws were passed did they? Their gun crime rate is rising ours is falling.

What you people never seem to understand is that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are not the problem yet you want to hold gun owners responsible for crimes committed with guns

In ever said guns increase crime. Guns increase senseless death. You can't argue with a 0.23 per 100,000 gun related death rate, especially compared to our gun related death rate.

And you keep including suicide

Suicide is a choice that is all it is all it ever will be.

Murder is senseless and i have already shown that gun laws do not decrease the murder rate.

You've shown nothing but a silly list of gun nut talking points that can be disproved by any teenager.

No here you go

List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade - Wikipedia

Look at the chart and tell me what the murder r ate for the UK was in 1950
What was it for the US in 1950

What was the murder rate for the UK in 2010
WHat was it for the US in 2010

Answers since you probably can't figure it out from the chart yourself

UK murder rate in 1950 .79 per 100000
US murder rate in 1950 4.6 per 100000

UK murder rate in 2010 1.14 per 100000
US murder rate in 2010 4.5 per 100000

so tell me what id the UK's gun laws do for their murder rate?

They kept it at 1/4 of what our rate is.

Yes Great Britain is just the old wild west now days. They have 0.23 gun deaths from all causes (murder, accidental, suicide, etc) per 100,000 people, per year. We have 10.54 per 100,000 people . From the massive difference in those numbers, it's obvious they made the right call

Except....banning and confiscating guns didn't reduce their gun murder rate....it was low before they put it into law, and then it went up after they passed it....so it failed.....

Now...their gun crime rate in London is up 42%....our gun crime rate went down 75% since the 90s......and their violent crime rate is through the roof....

You have to measure what happens when they pass those laws.....not compared to our criminals. British criminals do not commit murder as often as our criminals do....but they still have guns, as this story and all the rest I post show......and they are an island nation, with one of the most camera watched cities in the world, and they did everthing you guys want...and their gun crime rate went up, not down......

Gun control on normal, law abiding people does not decrease the gun crime rate......it increases it when the criminals decide to use guns...

Don't be silly. They have only removed 200,000 guns in the last 15 years. They weren't a big problem to start with, compared to us. We have 300 million. Don't try to say that the gun problem in England is the same as it is here in any way. That's just nuts. Your comparison isn't apples to apples. It isn't even apples to oranges. It's closer to apples to Italian Literature.
You do realize that people kill people not firearms, and more frivolous gun laws will not save a single soul… Fact

Violence with firearms is a non-issue in this country… we have much bigger fish to fry.
Get your fucking priorities straight. Jack weed
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Don't try to bring logic and reason into this. A full blown gun nut is trying to make a point. Just sit back and watch the amazing contortions he goes through.

Only a complete imbecile would think like that. Only an abject moron would repeat the same mistake that our Constitution sought to help the people of a nation avoid. But your biggest mistake is thinking that the foundation of gun ownership in the US is based on personal protection.

Maybe if you ever did some reading you'd learn what the real purpose of gun ownership is.
But that''d be like asking a camel to talk nuclear physics.....

Maybe if you spent some time in Venezuela you'd get it. Keep pushing....you'll end up in your own Venezuela sucking some dictators boots, idiot.

People that blame guns for violence are at the bottom of the freaking IQ barrel. Excuse me, UNDER the barrel.

I don't have a problem with guns. I have several myself. I have a problem with them being present in every thing you do and every place you go. Gun nuts who think they need to be armed 24/7 scare me to death. Back when the NRA was more concerned with gun safety instead of gun sales, they said guns should be safely stored away unless you were going to or from a reasonable place where you intended to use them. (Practice, hunting, etc.) My 6 year old niece's dance recital is not a reasonable place to be armed. It is not reasonable for guns to be present when I stop at a convenience store to get a loaf of bread. Guns are great if they are kept and used in reasonable, safe places. Even Old Tombstone made you check your gun when you came to town. The OK Corral wasn't a corral. It was an alley, and the gunfight happened as the Marshall was enforcing the gun check law on someone who refused to check his gun. Gun nuts were dangerous back then too.

So.......crime only happens when you are at home......got it. Convenience stores are never robbed....the clerks never murdered....got it.

How did you develop your psychic abilities.....that tell you where and when a gun is and isn't needed? The rest of us would love to know.....

Gun safety.....you mean like this? Asswipe....

NRA’s Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program Reaches 30 Million Children

It's a shame that they don't teach that a gun in public is not supposed to be a fashion statement, or a political point.
It's no one else's business but the person that owns the firearm, you control freaks can fuck off.
Criminal control not gun control... because the last I heard firearms cannot kill on their own… LOL

I feel much safer in western South Dakota where firearms outnumber people many, many times over - than in Chicago where the opposite is true....
more firearms less violent crime... fact

Yes Great Britain is just the old wild west now days. They have 0.23 gun deaths from all causes (murder, accidental, suicide, etc) per 100,000 people, per year. We have 10.54 per 100,000 people . From the massive difference in those numbers, it's obvious they made the right call

Except....banning and confiscating guns didn't reduce their gun murder rate....it was low before they put it into law, and then it went up after they passed it....so it failed.....

Now...their gun crime rate in London is up 42%....our gun crime rate went down 75% since the 90s......and their violent crime rate is through the roof....

You have to measure what happens when they pass those laws.....not compared to our criminals. British criminals do not commit murder as often as our criminals do....but they still have guns, as this story and all the rest I post show......and they are an island nation, with one of the most camera watched cities in the world, and they did everthing you guys want...and their gun crime rate went up, not down......

Gun control on normal, law abiding people does not decrease the gun crime rate......it increases it when the criminals decide to use guns...

Don't be silly. They have only removed 200,000 guns in the last 15 years. They weren't a big problem to start with, compared to us. We have 300 million. Don't try to say that the gun problem in England is the same as it is here in any way. That's just nuts. Your comparison isn't apples to apples. It isn't even apples to oranges. It's closer to apples to Italian Literature.
You do realize that people kill people not firearms, and more frivolous gun laws will not save a single soul… Fact

Violence with firearms is a non-issue in this country… we have much bigger fish to fry.
it is im

so we shouldn't try to lower murders??
guns are the MOST efficient hand-held killing device
they are continuously re-designed to kill more efficiently
cars are continuously re-designed for survivability
please see my previous post...gun laws work

Firearms is a big issue in this country.

Yep.....a 14 year old boy was shot in the head and a 17 year old was seriously injured in a shooting......why can't they ban guns......?

Oh, right......they did.....because this shooting happened in London....you know, in Britain, where they banned and confiscated guns......and now the gun crime rate in London is up 42% last year......

Two dead and boy, 14, critical after 12 hours of terrifying violence

The schoolboy was blasted with a shotgun in east London and is said to critically ill in hospital today while his 17-year-old friend was seriously injured.

The shooting follows a series of tit-for-tat stabbings and shootings in Newham and police immediately ordered sweeping stop and search powers to come into force amid fears of a retaliation.

Tit for tat shootings? In Britain? But...they banned guns. But....they confiscated guns....right?

The schoolboy had been sitting talking with friends in a car park on an estate in Forest Gate when a gunman opened fire from close range.

The boy was struck in the head with pellets from the blast while a 17-year-old suffered what police described as a “life changing” injury to his leg.

Doctors from a nearby GP surgery rushed outside to help the victims after the shooting at just after 3pm .

-----

The man, who did not want to be named, said: “They were just sitting there talking, and then this guy just came from behind and shot him.

“Fourteen-years-old, what can you do to get shot in the head with a shotgun?”

Nope....no gun banning.....we have no problem with shootings as long as it doesn't hit too close to home.

it is im

We have many, many more firearms than people up here and no violent crime not to speak of, and some of the most lax firearm laws in the country.
Getting killed by a tree or falling out of bed is more probable than getting killed by someone using a so called "assault weapon" or any firearm for that matter....

Firearms is a big issue in this country.
Only in progressive controlled areas of the country, also they happen to have really strict gun control laws imagine that. LOL

Fortunately you know what our commander-in-chief says about new frivolous gun control laws?..... :fu:

I have studies that show that armed Americans do lower the crime rate, though the biggest factor is police...since they actually solve and capture criminals.....but armed Americans can and do lower the crime rate.

As to the Pew result? What it shows is that everything you believe about guns and Americans owning guns is wrong. You guys keep telling us that more guns in more hands = more crime and more gun crime......and as over 20 years of actual gun ownership in the United States shows....that isn't true...so the fundamental argument you guys make for taking guns away from Americans....has no factual basis...at all....

And the data from Britain...shows that doing what you want...banning and confiscating guns.....does not lower the gun crime rate....and in fact, can lead to it going up...since gun crime in London went up 42% just last year, and their violent crime rate is through the roof......

I've counted. You have 6 different points to make, and you repeat them continuously, no matter how many times they have been shot down. Why don't you just number them so you don't have to do all that typing? It would be so much easier for you to post #5 and #2 instead of all that crap above.
They havent been shot down dumb ass. In the US more firearms has lead to LESS murder LESS crime. as PROVEN by the last 25 years statistics. You and your ilk have screamed that concealed and open carry would lead to MORE crime and yet NOT IN A SINGLE STATE has that happened ANYWHERE. No wild west shootouts like you claimed no extra murders no extra shootings. In fact it has lead to LESS crime and LESS murder.

0.23 deaths per 100,000 is pretty hard to beat. How close do you think we are?
3.0 or there about However isnt it telling you ignore the fact we dropped by a significant number while England went up?

If you consider all the things that factor into those numbers, you will see that the number of guns isn't the only thing that effects those rates.
And yet we have LESS murder LESS crime with MORE firearms YOU KEEP CLAIMING MORE FIREARMS MEANS MORE MURDERS AND CRIME. We have 25 years of evidence you are full of shit, you either are a LIAR or to stupid to breed. You keep claiming more concealed carry and more open carry will lead to more murder and more crime YOU have been proven wrong we have 25 YEARS worth of evidence to show you are completely irrevocably WRONG. You claim strict firearms laws lead to less crime we have British proof that is wrong also a 42 PERCENT increase with stricter laws.

it is im

We have many, many more firearms than people up here and no violent crime not to speak of, and some of the most lax firearm laws in the country.
Getting killed by a tree or falling out of bed is more probable than getting killed by someone using a so called "assault weapon" or any firearm for that matter....

Not according to your silly link.

it is im

We have much bigger fish to fry, all the violence is in the progressive controlled areas so you guys have that to deal with that's none of our business...

it is im

We have much bigger fish to fry, all the violence is in the progressive controlled areas so you guys have that to deal with that's none of our business...

No comment about the lie you tried to pass off in your link? Didn't think I would look at it?

it is im

No comment about the lie you tried to pass off in your link? Didn't think I would look at it?
It's always the progressive controlled areas that have the most violent crime, why is that? LOL

it is im

Liar is you. You keep claiming more firearms means more murder and more crime and it simply is NOT true. We have 25 years worth of data to prove you are wrong. You keep claiming more concealed carry and more open carry will lead to more crime we have 25 years worth of data to prove you wrong.

Forum List

Back