14 y.o. black intrudor shot and killed in Louisiana, white home owner arrested.

14 year old Marshall Coulter did not just hop over Merritt Landry's wrought iron fence like the media is telling us. He had to have jumped up onto it and climbed over it...............................like a monkey.

Screen-Shot-2013-07-27-at-1.40.47-PM.png

Funny how a picture can change a lot of things. I was picturing a large front yard and the kid jumping the fence and being quite a way away. This picture puts the whole story in a different light.

Immie

Unless the homeowner were outside the home, I don't really see any rationale for 'reasonable fear.' Then SYG would be justified. But if he were in the house, the perp out in the yard, even a small yard Mr. Homeowner was never in any danger. If the perp broke into the house, though, that would be a horse of a different color.

He went to investigate why his dog was barking and found an intruder in his yard that made a threatening move. If he had been a cop investigating a barking dog he could have shot the kid and the dog and the cops would have given him a medal.

Funny how a picture can change a lot of things. I was picturing a large front yard and the kid jumping the fence and being quite a way away. This picture puts the whole story in a different light.

Immie

Unless the homeowner were outside the home, I don't really see any rationale for 'reasonable fear.' Then SYG would be justified. But if he were in the house, the perp out in the yard, even a small yard Mr. Homeowner was never in any danger. If the perp broke into the house, though, that would be a horse of a different color.

He went to investigate why his dog was barking and found an intruder in his yard that made a threatening move. If he had been a cop investigating a barking dog he could have shot the kid and the dog and the cops would have given him a medal.

This will take the heat off Zimmerman.

The kid should of never jumped over the fence onto his property. Of course you fools are going to say that's ok but it really isn't.

The guy shouldn't of shot him unless the kid was a threat. He may in fact be convicted of murder for what he did. But don't sit there in tell me that this kid was innocent. We need to teach our kids not to do stuff like this.

Immie

Christ. Here we go . No evidence to support him making a "threatening" move. What else is the shooter going to say?

Christ. Here we go . No evidence to support him making a "threatening" move. What else is the shooter going to say?

The guy over reacted but we need to teach our children to respect someone's property. Do you agree?

The guy over reacted but we need to teach our children to respect someone's property. Do you agree?

Farther back. Parents need to be held accountable. Where were the parents?

The kid should of never jumped over the fence onto his property. Of course you fools are going to say that's ok but it really isn't.

The guy shouldn't of shot him unless the kid was a threat. He may in fact be convicted of murder for what he did. But don't sit there in tell me that this kid was innocent. We need to teach our kids not to do stuff like this.

Who says he was an innocent kid. He is a fucking thief, but in THIS instance the shooter is wrong. You cat shoot someone for being in your yard. Especially not an unarmed perp.

At 14 Marshall Coulter was already an accomplished burglar. I hope that he recovers and is able to answer for his crimes.

There is a surveillance video, if that video shows anything resembling Coulter reaching for his waistband, Landry's charges will be dropped.

Farther back. Parents need to be held accountable. Where were the parents?

Not there parenting so get past that and deal with the situation. This thief kid should have not have been shot in this Instance. There are some I. here who says he should have been shot. I highly disagree.

At 14 Marshall Coulter was already an accomplished burglar. I hope that he recovers and is able to answer for his crimes.

There is a surveillance video, if that video shows anything resembling Coulter reaching for his waistband, Landry's charges will be dropped.

He was reaching for.......

I already acknowledged him being a piece of shit thief. But THIS shoot was wrong. I honestly think this shooter I'd going down for this.one. he should have waited until the kid broke in and blew his fucking head off. Period. Well, at least that is the law here and I fully support that.

A stern verbal 'get off my lawn" and a bullet?

Hazouri, who owns property near Landry's house, said his surveillance cameras captured two juveniles riding BMX bikes up and down Mandeville and Dauphine streets around 1:44 a.m. One of the teens was wearing a blue tank top with white stripes; the other was wearing a light-colored T-shirt, Hazouri said...

Hazouri said his video, which he gave to NOPD detectives, shows the two teens talking in the middle of Mandeville Street outside of Landry's house. The video then shows the teen in the light-colored T-shirt walk his bike across Mandeville toward Landry's house. Then, the teen walks back out to the middle of the road before climbing over Landry's fence, Hazouri said. The other teen in the tank top stayed on the other side of Mandeville Street, Hazouri said.

If the kid is riding bikes with his friend, at a quarter to TWO IN THE MORNING, why is he hopping fences into people's yards? There's something not quite right with the story we're getting...

Based on what we're being told, the kid was shot for trespassing, a bit harsh for the 21st century, but then again, we are talking about New Orleans. The third deadliest city in the U.S. last year, how was the homeowner to know this kid's intentions? He'd been a victim of burglaries a couple of times before... In the wee hours of the morning, how was he to know the kid was a kid? The kid is awaiting trial for burglary, history would lead one to think he was about to commit another.

I don't know... You hate to see a kid lose his future for simple trespassing, but, if you look at the facts we've been provided honestly, you can see where the homeowner's mind was during the encounter.

Another instance of negligent parents, no doubt. But trespassing is not a capital offense. He likely was going to break in. Too bad Mr. Homeowner didn't let that play through. He would likely be entirely in the clear.
I.agree and he would have been justified in killing the little shit but the way it went down was wrong in my opinion.

I agree with what you're saying. I'd of just called the police and flipped on the light.

This guy way over reacted.

What all of you gun nuts fail to realize, criminals have the right to break into your home. If the perp gets in, then rapes, tortures and murders your family, it's your fault you didn't retreat fast enough.......

What all of you gun nuts fail to realize, criminals have the right to break into your home. If the perp gets in, then rapes, tortures and murders your family, it's your fault you didn't retreat fast enough.......

The kid didn't break into his home or threaten him. He should of simply called the police, flipped on his light and told him to get out of here.

This is a 14 year old child.

I agree with what you're saying. I'd of just called the police and flipped on the light.

This guy way over reacted.

I don't have his family situation, but if it were here, I would have payed he actually broke in. I hate thieves. I really do. I don't care if he is 14, my stuff is still just as stolen. But I also am a responsible gun owner. In my yard or back yard or even worse, running down the street will get me arrested.

Everyone (an exaggeration, somewhat) is armed here. Burglars know this hut you still read about the occasional break in.

The kid didn't break into his home or threaten him. He should of simply called the police, flipped on his light and told him to get out of here.

This is a 14 year old child.

You conveniently leave out the word "yet". There are plenty of 14 year old children that are stone cold killers, how is the homeowner supposed to differentiate in a few seconds during middle of the night?

Forum List

Back