14 year old w/gun...a violent felon since age 12?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
If this story is accurate...a 14 year old gang member, who is also a convicted felon...has an illegal gun and tries to kill a citizen...who also was armed and stops the attack...

Gang Member Shot Man Who Was Also Carrying A Gun | The Daily Caller

Despite his age, Smith had amassed an extensive police record. According to the Sentinel, court records showed that Smith had been convicted of felony armed robbery with a gun twice since the age of 12. He also had convictions for burglary of a habitat and for battery on a public or school official.

The Lakeland Ledger provided more detail of Smith’s rap sheet. That paper reported that the known gang member was arrested in Nov. 2012 following a shooting at a farmer’s market that left a 79-year-old man wounded. Besides armed robbery, Smith and six other accomplices were charged with attempted murder.

Soooo...12 years old, with 2 felony convictions? if this is true, and that remains to be seen, since this case is going to get a lot of local, if not national scrutiny due to the age of the shooter...tell me this...

How does a 14 year old gang member get a gun? I wonder...did he pass a background check...? Was the gun "registered?" Did this 14 year old know that it was against the law for him to have the gun...to carry the gun...to shoot the gun at another human being...?

Do we need a law that states that 14 year olds are not allowed to concealed carry guns and shoot people? Oh...that's right...we already have those...and we have a lot of those laws...I guess they didn't work...

Okay, this is for the anti-gunners...if the facts of this case are accurate...how do you file this shooting in the statistics...does this count as a child being killed by a gun? Should a little explanation be included in any use of this shooting in the statistics?

Drugs and gangs...the leading killers when guns are involved...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back