14-year-old wife freed from 80-year-old husband

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Sad how a young girl was pushed into marriage. I hope this doesn't happen to her again. It makes you wonder what 80-year old man would want a girl who could be his granddaughter and even great granddaughter

14-year-old wife freed from 80-year-old husband

A benevolent stranger pays wedding money to husband for divorce
By Staff
Published Sunday, November 07, 2010

Okaz quoted Rahim as saying he had not cheated the girl on the grounds he had come to her house and asked her father to marry her. (SUPPLIED)

A 14-year-old Saudi girl who had been forced to marry an 80-year-old man finally became free after an unknown benevolent man paid back the wedding money to the husband who had demanded payment in return for a divorce.

Ahmed Rahim immediately divorced Nura after receiving a cheque of SR17,000 (Dh16,648) from the unknown man during a meeting held at a social centre in the southwestern town of Sabya, 'Okaz' newspaper reported on Sunday.

Rahim married the teenage Nura last month with her father’s consent and refused to divorce her unless she pays him back his dowry, the money offered by a bridegroom to the bride under Islamic law.

Continue reading at:

14-year-old wife freed from 80-year-old husband - Emirates 24/7

Did her father keep the check?

He probably gave it to that dirty old man who married his daughter. Can you ever see yourself marrying a girl that young if you were 80-years old and in the market for a wife?

He probably gave it to that dirty old man who married his daughter. Can you ever see yourself marrying a girl that young if you were 80-years old and in the market for a wife?

No, it's disgusting.

I thought the old pervert paid for the girl, and her sick father kept the money

No, it's disgusting.

I thought the old pervert paid for the girl, and her sick father kept the money

Originally the old pervert paid the father for the girl, but some kind stranger reimbursed the pervert so the girl could get a dirvorce. Naturally the father kept the original money the old pervert gave him for his daughter. Remember that 8-year old girl from Yemen who wanted a divorce from the man who married her, and she finally was able to get one. An 8-year old girl should be playing with her Barbies.

Can you ever see yourself marrying a girl that young if you were 80-years old and in the market for a wife?
I see no problem with it......if I lived in one of the Gulf countries. ... :eusa_angel:
Well Sunni Man, ol' buddy, ol' pal, do you see anything wrong with this picture? Whose side are you on here? (dumb question on my part) This isn't about terrorists but just your everyday Muslims obeying Mohammed, PBUH.

A young widow in Aceh, Indonesia will be caned for having an affair with a married man under the province’s sharia law after being gang-raped by her accusers.

Extramarital affairs are strictly forbidden in the province, where sharia law governing behavior was adopted in February for both Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Sharia vigilante groups, although officially illegal, are “common and even condoned by the local clergy and authorities.”

In this case, the vigilantes – composed of eight men, including a 13-year-old boy – broke into the woman’s home and allegedly caught the couple about to engage in sex. The accused man is 40 years old and married.

Young Widow, Gang Raped by Sharia Vigilantes, to Be Caned | Clarion Project

Forum List

Back