151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

Four out of five Klansmen prefers the Republican Party.....the fifth prefers the Nazi Party
5 out of 5 democrats belong to the party who created the kkk....

No political party started the KKK. You yourself are among the moronics I have invited to prove me wrong. I've got nothing but crickets on that. Which is what I expect.
We,don't blame you democrats from avoiding the fact that your party created the kkk....what rational normal person would belong to such a party, and then there is you celebrating it.....

And I don't blame you for being unable to link your shit. I knew way before I asked that there's no such thing.

I do blame you however for continuing to try to propagate the same myth after you've been proven WRONG and expecting different results. There's something special-shortbus about that approach.

Four out of five Klansmen prefers the Republican Party.....the fifth prefers the Nazi Party

No political party started the KKK. You yourself are among the moronics I have invited to prove me wrong. I've got nothing but crickets on that. Which is what I expect.
We,don't blame you democrats from avoiding the fact that your party created the kkk....what rational normal person would belong to such a party, and then there is you celebrating it.....

And I don't blame you for being unable to link your shit. I knew way before I asked that there's no such thing.

I do blame you however for continuing to try to propagate the same myth after you've been proven WRONG and expecting different results. There's something special-shortbus about that approach.
Sorry, I am a member of the party that freed your slaves...

You've made poor uneducated choices....that you don't change makes you evil....

I thought the Ku Klux Klan was founded by former confederate soldiers... :eusa_think:
I've read something on Internet about that.
The web is not very reliable.... ;)
You are correcxt. And those confederate soldiers were still, for all intents and purposes, part of a vanquished enemy force . They were NOT citizens of the United States and could, therefore, not have been Democrats.

I thought the Ku Klux Klan was founded by former confederate soldiers... :eusa_think:
You are correcxt. And those confederate soldiers were still, for all intents and purposes, part of a vanquished enemy force . They were NOT citizens of the United States and could, therefore, not have been Democrats.
What a rucking retard....

That's the lamest excuse for you being a democrat klansman I've yet to hear....:lol:

Sorry, I have never had either "slaves" nor "a party". You've made your hack-mythology choice, and you STILL can't link it.

I however can. All day and long into the night.

Here's my OP from This Day in History from a year ago:

In a small town in the devastated South, ravaged by war, impoverished and with gainful employment and any sense of normalcy elusive, six young men, veterans of the defeated Confederate Army, met in the law office of Judge Thomas M. Jones at 205 West Madison Street.

>> They had lost all their property, there were no business prospects for them at the time; it was Christmas Eve and their town was saddened not only by the wreckage of Civil War, but by the visitation of a cyclone which had killed and injured many of its inhabitants and destroyed many homes; yet, the spirit of youth could not be conquered.... . One of these young men, Captain John C. Lester, said:
"Boys, let's start something to break this monotony, and to cheer up our mothers and the girls.
Let's start a club of some kind."

.... Before the arrival of the next meeting one of the young men, Captain John B. Kennedy, was requested to stay in the home of Col. Thomas Martin, for its protection, while he and his family were absent from Pulaski. Captain Kennedy invited the other organizers of the club, Frank O. McCord, Calvin E. Jones, John C. Lester, Richard R. Reed and James R. Crowe, to meet him there.

During the evening the organization was perfected. Captain John B. Kennedy, on the committee to select a name mentioned one which he had considered, "Kukloi," from the Greek word "Kuklos," meaning a band or circle. James R. Crowe said "Call it Ku Klux," and no one will know what it means. John C. Lester said: "Add Klan as we are [of] all Scotch-Irish descent."

He then repeated the words: "Ku Klux Klan," the first time these words ever fell from human tongue. The weirdness of the alliteration appealed to the mysterious within them ; so the name was adopted with a feeling that they had chosen something which would excite the curiosity of their friends and carry out their idea of amusement, which, most unexpectedly to them, proved a boon to Pulaski and the South.

James R. Crowe suggested to make it more mysterious, that a costume be adopted. They then made a raid upon Mrs. Martin's linen closet and robed themselves with boyish glee in her stiff linen sheets
and pillow-cases, as masquerading was a popular form of entertainment in those days. Wishing to make an impression they borrowed some horses from a near-by stable and disguised them with sheets.

They then mounted and rode through the darkness, calling at the homes of their mothers and sweethearts, without speaking a word. They rode slowly through the streets of Pulaski waving to the people and making grotesque gestures, which created merriment to the unsuperstitious, and to the superstitious, great fear.

The next day they heard many favorable comments on the unknown boys who had so paraded, having optimism enough to penetrate the gloom which had settled over this once prosperous and happy community. Aside from the amusement they had created, it was reported on the streets, that many of the idle negroes thought they had seen ghosts from the nearby battlefields, and had with haste gone back to their former masters, only too willing to work.

The trivial incident of the selection of the ghostly regalia had a most important bearing on the future
of the organization. The potency of the name "Ku Klux Klan" was not wholly in the impression made
by it on the public, but the members of the Ku Klux Klan themselves first felt its mysterious power, and
realized that through this means they might accomplish something towards alleviating the distress then
prevalent in their community. Yet their dominant idea was amusement, based on secrecy and mystery. <<1
The shroud of mystery proved infectious far beyond this group of six and loose adjunct chapters were started around the region. Into these chapters crept a lawless vigilante element that had been mustering in the defeated South, usually also started by Confederate veterans, at first ostensibly a "protective" force but in practice increasingly a terroristic one, in effect insurgents bent on continuing the War, or at least driving out what it saw as an occupying army.

Though officially disbanded in 1869 specifically because of this lawlessness, this same vigilante element ignored the order and continued its terrorism well into the 1870s, organized or not, until the Klan was extinguished by the middle of that decade.

This Ku Klux Klan had lasted less than a dozen years and would have been relegated to the footnotes of history along with the White League, Knights of the White Camellia and other such postwar movements, had it not been for a Georgia salesman and opportunist named William Simmons who, exactly fifty years later, saw a get-rich-quick opportunity in the wake of the stir created by the racist film "Birth of a Nation", which romanticized and whitewashed the old Klan stories. On Thanksgiving Day 1915 Simmons took some followers up Stone Mountain and rekindled the Klan, taking the trouble to acquire a charter from the State of Georgia (and set up a scheme to sell and market memberships, making sure he got a cut of each one).

Simmons saw dollar signs in the national fear of foreigners and immigrants, his new Klan reiteration targeting these newcomers, largely Eastern European, along with labor unions, Catholics, Jews, blacks and any other non-WASP minority, as well as communists, "loose" women, and alcohol (his KKK was firmly behind the Temperance movement and 18th Amendment) -- even though Simmons himself was known to imbibe in these vices. Simmons would hire marketing consultants to exploit these national fears, greatly expanding the Klan far beyond the former geographical and ideological boundaries of the South, to the point where at one point an estimated one-third of the entire male population of Indiana was counted in its members.

Most of our experience of Klan activity, and virtually all of the photographic evidence, derives from Simmons' second (1915) iteration, as does the cross-burning imagery (which was taken from the film, not from history). But ultimately it derives from six bored young guys looking for something to do in a small town, 150 years ago today.

The building at 205 West Madison was marked with a plaque by the Daughters of the Confederacy in 1917, listing the names of the group's founders, apparently feeling Pulaski was snubbed by not being mentioned in Birth of a Nation. In 1990 the building's new owner Don Massey2 turned the plaque backwards and re-bolted it to the brick, so that it now shows nothing but blank.

1 - description quoted from "Authentic History [of the] Ku Klux Klan 1865-1877" by Susan Lawrence Davis
2- Article, Augusta Chronicle 1/20/97

*THERE* is your authentic history. Please to either (a) find me any reference to politics, politicians, or political parties; or (b) bite my ass.

Last edited:
The KKK was started by former soldiers of the Confederacy,

which is the single most important reason you see so many conservatives so vigorously defend the display of the Confederate Flag.

Deflection..

Maybe we should ask NY since he is such an historical scholar-----> forget the KKK for a second..........remember when Kennedy had to send in the national guard, remember when all the water cannons were used on black people fighting for their rights? Which political party did virtually ALL of the people doing these transgressions belong to! Oh wait, wait, say it isn't so....you mean the charming, delightful, open minded, all inclusive DEMOCRATS?!?!?!?!?!

And now.........wait for it........we are going to hear all about how Democrats and Republicans switched sides, but this time, we are ready for them! Let us look back and see which politicians in control in the South switched party's-) If they didn't switch party's leftists, it didn't happen, now did it, lol. Be specific! And of course, we will show all the politicians who were in charge of the water cannons, and which political party they belonged to a little further down the road-) Once you delve into individual politicians, your whole phony theory falls apart, and you are laid bare as the party of racism!
And you do know that JFK was a DEMOCRAT President, don't YOU? A Democrat President sent troops to put down civil unrest wrought by White racists, not Democrats. There is no proof that the rioting White racists of that era were affiliated with any political party. You just assume they were without really knowing. But looking at the GOP today, I don't see much difference between the two when it comes to racial matters.Both parties fre full of racists.
Blacks are democrats because most of them are working class people who have a vested interest in labor and the collective bargaining apparatus that drives it. Most Blacks aren't liberal, they are just part of a labor force that is politically aligned with the Democratic Party. 75% of Backs live above the poverty level as a result of that strategy.

That's the lamest excuse for you being a democrat klansman I've yet to hear....:lol:
You haven't heard much, have you.? Its hard to hear much with your head up Limbaugh's ass.

Says the asshat with myths he can't link because no such links exist -- because they're myths.

Actually in December 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised and not yet reinstated to the Union, so JQ is correct; it was not part of the United States at that moment.

And as stated over and over to the relentless chorus of crickets the likes of you keeps putting out ----- no evidence anywhere points to any political affiliations or activities on the part of Crowe, Jones, Lester, Reed, Kennedy or McCord. Nor, for that matter, on the part of Simmons, who re-started it in 1915.

None.

Zero.

Bupkis.

Sweet Fanny Adams.

Sorry, I have never had either "slaves" nor "a party". You've made your hack-mythology choice, and you STILL can't link it.

I however can. All day and long into the night.

Here's my OP from This Day in History from a year ago:

In a small town in the devastated South, ravaged by war, impoverished and with gainful employment and any sense of normalcy elusive, six young men, veterans of the defeated Confederate Army, met in the law office of Judge Thomas M. Jones at 205 West Madison Street.

>> They had lost all their property, there were no business prospects for them at the time; it was Christmas Eve and their town was saddened not only by the wreckage of Civil War, but by the visitation of a cyclone which had killed and injured many of its inhabitants and destroyed many homes; yet, the spirit of youth could not be conquered.... . One of these young men, Captain John C. Lester, said:
"Boys, let's start something to break this monotony, and to cheer up our mothers and the girls.
Let's start a club of some kind."

.... Before the arrival of the next meeting one of the young men, Captain John B. Kennedy, was requested to stay in the home of Col. Thomas Martin, for its protection, while he and his family were absent from Pulaski. Captain Kennedy invited the other organizers of the club, Frank O. McCord, Calvin E. Jones, John C. Lester, Richard R. Reed and James R. Crowe, to meet him there.

During the evening the organization was perfected. Captain John B. Kennedy, on the committee to select a name mentioned one which he had considered, "Kukloi," from the Greek word "Kuklos," meaning a band or circle. James R. Crowe said "Call it Ku Klux," and no one will know what it means. John C. Lester said: "Add Klan as we are [of] all Scotch-Irish descent."

He then repeated the words: "Ku Klux Klan," the first time these words ever fell from human tongue. The weirdness of the alliteration appealed to the mysterious within them ; so the name was adopted with a feeling that they had chosen something which would excite the curiosity of their friends and carry out their idea of amusement, which, most unexpectedly to them, proved a boon to Pulaski and the South.

James R. Crowe suggested to make it more mysterious, that a costume be adopted. They then made a raid upon Mrs. Martin's linen closet and robed themselves with boyish glee in her stiff linen sheets
and pillow-cases, as masquerading was a popular form of entertainment in those days. Wishing to make an impression they borrowed some horses from a near-by stable and disguised them with sheets.

They then mounted and rode through the darkness, calling at the homes of their mothers and sweethearts, without speaking a word. They rode slowly through the streets of Pulaski waving to the people and making grotesque gestures, which created merriment to the unsuperstitious, and to the superstitious, great fear.

The next day they heard many favorable comments on the unknown boys who had so paraded, having optimism enough to penetrate the gloom which had settled over this once prosperous and happy community. Aside from the amusement they had created, it was reported on the streets, that many of the idle negroes thought they had seen ghosts from the nearby battlefields, and had with haste gone back to their former masters, only too willing to work.

The trivial incident of the selection of the ghostly regalia had a most important bearing on the future
of the organization. The potency of the name "Ku Klux Klan" was not wholly in the impression made
by it on the public, but the members of the Ku Klux Klan themselves first felt its mysterious power, and
realized that through this means they might accomplish something towards alleviating the distress then
prevalent in their community. Yet their dominant idea was amusement, based on secrecy and mystery. <<1
The shroud of mystery proved infectious far beyond this group of six and loose adjunct chapters were started around the region. Into these chapters crept a lawless vigilante element that had been mustering in the defeated South, usually also started by Confederate veterans, at first ostensibly a "protective" force but in practice increasingly a terroristic one, in effect insurgents bent on continuing the War, or at least driving out what it saw as an occupying army.

Though officially disbanded in 1869 specifically because of this lawlessness, this same vigilante element ignored the order and continued its terrorism well into the 1870s, organized or not, until the Klan was extinguished by the middle of that decade.

This Ku Klux Klan had lasted less than a dozen years and would have been relegated to the footnotes of history along with the White League, Knights of the White Camellia and other such postwar movements, had it not been for a Georgia salesman and opportunist named William Simmons who, exactly fifty years later, saw a get-rich-quick opportunity in the wake of the stir created by the racist film "Birth of a Nation", which romanticized and whitewashed the old Klan stories. On Thanksgiving Day 1915 Simmons took some followers up Stone Mountain and rekindled the Klan, taking the trouble to acquire a charter from the State of Georgia (and set up a scheme to sell and market memberships, making sure he got a cut of each one).

Simmons saw dollar signs in the national fear of foreigners and immigrants, his new Klan reiteration targeting these newcomers, largely Eastern European, along with labor unions, Catholics, Jews, blacks and any other non-WASP minority, as well as communists, "loose" women, and alcohol (his KKK was firmly behind the Temperance movement and 18th Amendment) -- even though Simmons himself was known to imbibe in these vices. Simmons would hire marketing consultants to exploit these national fears, greatly expanding the Klan far beyond the former geographical and ideological boundaries of the South, to the point where at one point an estimated one-third of the entire male population of Indiana was counted in its members.

Most of our experience of Klan activity, and virtually all of the photographic evidence, derives from Simmons' second (1915) iteration, as does the cross-burning imagery (which was taken from the film, not from history). But ultimately it derives from six bored young guys looking for something to do in a small town, 150 years ago today.

The building at 205 West Madison was marked with a plaque by the Daughters of the Confederacy in 1917, listing the names of the group's founders, apparently feeling Pulaski was snubbed by not being mentioned in Birth of a Nation. In 1990 the building's new owner Don Massey2 turned the plaque backwards and re-bolted it to the brick, so that it now shows nothing but blank.

1 - description quoted from "Authentic History [of the] Ku Klux Klan 1865-1877" by Susan Lawrence Davis
2- Article, Augusta Chronicle 1/20/97

*THERE* is your authentic history. Please to either (a) find me any reference to politics, politicians, or political parties; or (b) bite my ass.

Here, let me fix that for you....

image.jpeg

You haven't heard much, have you.? Its hard to hear much with your head up Limbaugh's ass.
You listen to Rush?

You listen to Rush?
'Course I do, but my head isn't up his arse. I listen from a distance once in awhile just to gauge how silly his remarks are compared to reality.

That's correct, six ex-soldiers who were simply bored. I laid out the entire founding history just above in 205, reprinted from a year ago.

What this thread is, and it goes on recurringly on this site, is Revisionist History. Some of these wags seem to think that 's what this board is for ----- to keep posting the same myths over and over and over until presumably they get accepted. They're binary-bot partisan hacks who think the entire world is made up of two mutually-exclusive elements, "Republican" and "Democrat" , and all that is good or evil must be associated respectively. That not every event is related to that childishly binary dichotomy seems not to penetrate their imperviously partisan-hack skulls. That's why they're partisan hacks.

That's correct, six ex-soldiers who were simply bored. I laid out the entire founding history just above in 205, reprinted from a year ago.

What this thread is, and it goes on recurringly on this site, is Revisionist History. Some of these wags seem to think that 's what this board is for ----- to keep posting the same myths over and over and over until presumably they get accepted. They're binary-bot partisan hacks who think the entire world is made up of two mutually-exclusive elements, "Republican" and "Democrat" , and all that is good or evil must be associated respectively. That not every event is related to that childishly binary dichotomy seems not to penetrate their imperviously partisan-hack skulls. That's why they're partisan hacks.
Democrats have always hated blacks.....when we freed their salves, they formed the kkk to terrorize and kill them.....

Democrats have always hated blacks.....when we freed their salves, they formed the kkk to terrorize and kill them.....

It's good to know there's free salve. I could use some for my aching back.

But no, "Democrats" didn't form the KKK. Confederate vet soldiers did. As I've already laid out in detail.
Of course -------------------------------- my story has links, yours doesn't. Guess where that leaves you.

The Republican Party has become synonymous with the klan

The klan may just fold as all its members become Republicans

Last edited:

It's good to know there's free salve. I could use some for my aching back.

But no, "Democrats" didn't form the KKK. Confederate vet soldiers did. As I've already laid out in detail.
Of course -------------------------------- my story has links, yours doesn't. Guess where that leaves you.
I really think it's great how people are becoming educated on the democrats starting the kkk.....

When I first started discussing history with them, they were uneducated like you....now most people I talk to know what the democrat party did.....

You hate blacks but you claim not to be a Democrat..whats up with that?

You hate blacks but you claim not to be a Democrat..whats up with that?
Your fake news tell you that....:lol:

Forum List

Back