151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

Here's your missing Democratic history.

When you have to resort to YouTubes ----- it shows you can't support a point.

STILL can't answer the question. Because it has no answer. Because it isn't there. Which I already knew.

Videos are just another form of communicating information, pogo. You are getting your ass handed to you, not because I am more intelligent than you, although I probably am, but because what I am posting is the truth. Your heritage is that of a terrorists, racist, thugs. Deal with it because the weight of its 150 year history is overwhelming and will crush you. Your call.

You've had what --- three chances now to cite the citation in what you claim exists in the 1871 document? And yet you can't ----- you traipse over to YouTube where anyone can make any kind of video making any kind of point (or myth) they like without any kind of documentation.
That's because you don't HAVE the documentation. This ploy is as transparent as a new pane of glass.

I'm pretty happy that I've made my case. You on the other hand have no case other than dismissing your defeat and ignoring the incongruities of the cold hard history of historical facts that I have presented to you. I believe you are making a mistake, but it is your mistake to make. I will be more than happy to use your opposition to reality as a platform to share this information with others. Your call.

You made no "case" Elmer. You claimed a document says something it doesn't say and then got called on it.
Next time vet your own material to make sure it works because you can bet someone else already has.

Good Lord, you must be the biggest racist piece of shit in the history of racist pieces of shit to deny the truth of your party's racist history. Just where in the hell do you believe History.com got their information from if not from the testimony of those 13 congressonal volumes.

"Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South..."

Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

The Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation. The Democratic Party founded the KKK for the express purpose to taking back the state houses of the south after the Civil War through terror and intimidation. Stop denying the truth about your racist Democratic heritage, you racist piece of shit. Stop lying to black people just to keep them voting for your racist party. C'mon Pogo, say it with me... black lives matter.

Here's your missing Democratic history.

STILL can't answer the question. Because it has no answer. Because it isn't there. Which I already knew.

Videos are just another form of communicating information, pogo. You are getting your ass handed to you, not because I am more intelligent than you, although I probably am, but because what I am posting is the truth. Your heritage is that of a terrorists, racist, thugs. Deal with it because the weight of its 150 year history is overwhelming and will crush you. Your call.

You've had what --- three chances now to cite the citation in what you claim exists in the 1871 document? And yet you can't ----- you traipse over to YouTube where anyone can make any kind of video making any kind of point (or myth) they like without any kind of documentation.
That's because you don't HAVE the documentation. This ploy is as transparent as a new pane of glass.

I'm pretty happy that I've made my case. You on the other hand have no case other than dismissing your defeat and ignoring the incongruities of the cold hard history of historical facts that I have presented to you. I believe you are making a mistake, but it is your mistake to make. I will be more than happy to use your opposition to reality as a platform to share this information with others. Your call.

:lmao:

WHICH ONE of us has been posting extensive histories and WHICH ONE of us is resorting to Wittle Bill on YouTube after having been called out on content of a document that doesn't even exist?

I like my chances. As I said before --- bring it.

I'm the one who has been posting history. You are the one who has been posting racist piece of shit lies for the express purpose of concealing your racist history. Where the hell do you believe History.com got their information from? They got it from personal testimonies from the 13 Congressional Volumes. The Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation. The Democratic Party founded the KKK for the express purpose to taking back the state houses of the south after the Civil War through terror and intimidation.

"... From 1867 onward, African-American participation in public life in the South became one of the most radical aspects of Reconstruction, as blacks won election to southern state governments and even to the U.S. Congress. For its part, the Ku Klux Klan dedicated itself to an underground campaign of violence against Republican leaders and voters (both black and white) in an effort to reverse the policies of Radical Reconstruction and restore white supremacy in the South. They were joined in this struggle by similar organizations such as the Knights of the White Camelia (launched in Louisiana in 1867) and the White Brotherhood. At least 10 percent of the black legislators elected during the 1867-1868 constitutional conventions became victims of violence during Reconstruction, including seven who were killed. White Republicans (derided as “carpetbaggers” and “scalawags”) and black institutions such as schools and churches—symbols of black autonomy—were also targets for Klan attacks..."

Stop denying the truth about your racist Democratic heritage, you racist piece of shit. Stop lying to black people just to keep them voting for your racist party. C'mon Pogo, say it with me you lying racist piece of shit... black lives matter.

Last edited:
Republican + democrat are just titles .

Think conservatives and liberals. That has never changed .

Fast forward to today . As anyone who has. Confederate flag flying outside their home what party they belong too. The answer won't be "democrat" !!!
Yep, that is just a lie told to keep blacks voting for Democrats. Look how well that has turned out for them. Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. All cities controlled by their Democrat masters. Good job, Timmy.

3a44195r.jpg

Note the scumbag in the upper right-hand corner.
k
Democrats proposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
A majority of Democrats voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
A Democrat signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act into law.

Who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act?
The 1964 GOP Presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.
President Ronald Reagan
President George Bush
“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”

Lyndon Johnson
Who pushed the 1964 Civil Rights Act through Congress- Lyndon Johnson

Who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act?
The 1964 GOP Presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.
President Ronald Reagan
President George Bush

Note how the GOP routinely nominated Presidential candidates who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act- which is explains why Martin Luther King Jr. called on African Americans to not vote for Republicans.
No. That is not correct. He did not push it. He was forced into it. Republicans had been pushing it for 100 years..

LOL- I love the Animal Farm tactics of your Right wing nut job revisionist.

President Kennedy proposed the Civil Rights.
When he was assassinated President Johnson used Kennedy's death to push the Civil Rights Act. forward.

And Reagan, Bush and Goldwater- all opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

A master of the art of practical politics, Lyndon Johnson came into the White House after the tragedy of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination in 1963. He was energetic, shrewd, and hugely ambitious. Clifford Alexander, Jr., deputy counsel to the president and an African American, remembered President Johnson as a larger-than-life figure who was a tough but fair taskmaster. His legislative program "had such a positive effect on black Americans [it] was breathtaking when compared to the miniscule efforts of the past." The cornerstones of that program were the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Civil rights leaders from across America led by Martin Luther King, Jr. gathered in the East Room of the White House to witness the signing of the Civil Rights Act that signified a major victory in the struggle for racial equality to which they had dedicated their lives. President Johnson also made two political appointments–Robert Weaver as secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Thurgood Marshall as associate Supreme Court justice. For the first time African Americans had positions in the Cabinet and on the Supreme Court. President Johnson appointed more black judges than any president before him and opened the White House not only to black athletes and performers but also to black religious, civic and political leaders in significant numbers. Johnson saw his place in history as being directly related to the improvement of race relations in America and according to Alexander "he was a huge success."
Look who's trying to change the subject. You started this cross thread on why the KKK was founded, right? Don't be a pussy about it and run from it. Stop denying your party's racist history. The Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation. The Democratic Party founded the KKK for the express purpose to taking back the state houses of the south after the Civil War through terror and intimidation. Stop denying the truth about your racist Democratic heritage, you racist piece of shit. Stop lying to black people just to keep them voting for your racist party. C'mon Syriously, say it with me... the Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation and were a bunch of racist pieces of shit.

WGBH American Experience | PBS

"...Across the South, the Klan and other terrorist groups used brutal violence to intimidate Republican voters. In Kansas, over 2,000 murders were committed in connection with the election. In Georgia, the number of threats and beatings was even higher. And in Louisiana, 1000 blacks were killed as the election neared. In those three states, Democrats won decisive victories at the polls..."

Last edited:
On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeping uppity blacks in their place.

WRONG.

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force

RIGHT.

Oh look. Same post, shooting itself in the foot.

There's more available too.

>> Six well-educated Confederate veterans from Pulaski, Tennessee, created the original Ku Klux Klan on December 24, 1865, during Reconstruction of the South after the Civil War. << (here)​

More?

>> The original Ku Klux Klan was created in an 1865 meeting in a law office by six Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee. It was, at first, a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals. From 1866 to 1867, various local units began breaking up black prayer meetings and invading black homes at night to steal firearms. Some of these activities may have been modeled on previous Tennessee vigilante groups such as the Yellow Jackets and Redcaps. <<--- History of the Ku Klux Klan
More?

>> The first Klan was created by six men from Pulaski Tennessee, in the image of other secret societies of the day. The hierarchical organization with local chapters housed under a national umbressa [sic] structure.

... History and context:

The first KKK was formed in the American South at the end of the civil war, when the victorious Union government imposed a version of martial law on the south and began to enforce laws designed to end segregation against black citizens. When a constitutional amendment granted black men the right to vote in 1870, the group turned to intimidation and violence to try to halt de-segregation. << --- Terrorism: About.com
More?

>> The original Ku Klux Klan was organized by ex-Confederate elements to oppose the Reconstruction policies of the radical Republican Congress and to maintain "white supremacy." After the Civil War, when local government in the South was weak or nonexistent and there were fears of black outrages and even of an insurrection, informal vigilante organizations or armed patrols were formed in almost all communities. These were linked together in societies, such as the Men of Justice, the Pale Faces, the Constitutional Union Guards, the White Brotherhood, and the Order of the White Rose. The Ku Klux Klan was the best known of these, and in time it absorbed many of the smaller organizations. << -- Infoplease.
NOW how much would you pay?

>> The 19th-century Klan was originally organized as a social club by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn., in 1866. They apparently derived the name from the Greek word kyklos, from which comes the English circle; Klan; was added for the sake of alliteration and Ku Klux Klan emerged. The organization quickly became a vehicle for Southern white underground resistance to Radical Reconstruction. Klan members sought the restoration of white supremacy through intimidation and violence aimed at the newly enfranchised black freedmen. A similar organization, the Knights of the White Camelia, began in Louisiana in 1867. << -- Encyclopedia Brittanica
Now then ---
WHERE do you see anything there about 'political parties'?

Your source?
You democrat klansmen are a special type of stupid....sadly, you won't go away....

What's that? You still want more? Fair enough, can do.

A reprise of post 205:

Here's my OP from This Day in History from a year ago:

In a small town in the devastated South, ravaged by war, impoverished and with gainful employment and any sense of normalcy elusive, six young men, veterans of the defeated Confederate Army, met in the law office of Judge Thomas M. Jones at 205 West Madison Street.

>> They had lost all their property, there were no business prospects for them at the time; it was Christmas Eve and their town was saddened not only by the wreckage of Civil War, but by the visitation of a cyclone which had killed and injured many of its inhabitants and destroyed many homes; yet, the spirit of youth could not be conquered.... . One of these young men, Captain John C. Lester, said: "Boys, let's start something to break this monotony, and to cheer up our mothers and the girls. Let's start a club of some kind."

.... Before the arrival of the next meeting one of the young men, Captain John B. Kennedy, was requested to stay in the home of Col. Thomas Martin, for its protection, while he and his family were absent from Pulaski. Captain Kennedy invited the other organizers of the club, Frank O. McCord, Calvin E. Jones, John C. Lester, Richard R. Reed and James R. Crowe, to meet him there.

During the evening the organization was perfected. Captain John B. Kennedy, on the committee to select a name mentioned one which he had considered, "Kukloi," from the Greek word "Kuklos," meaning a band or circle. James R. Crowe said "Call it Ku Klux," and no one will know what it means. John C. Lester said: "Add Klan as we are all [of] Scotch-Irish descent."

He then repeated the words: "Ku Klux Klan," the first time these words ever fell from human tongue. The weirdness of the alliteration appealed to the mysterious within them ; so the name was adopted with a feeling that they had chosen something which would excite the curiosity of their friends and carry out their idea of amusement, which, most unexpectedly to them, proved a boon to Pulaski and the South.

James R. Crowe suggested to make it more mysterious, that a costume be adopted. They then made a raid upon Mrs. Martin's linen closet and robed themselves with boyish glee in her stiff linen sheets and pillow-cases, as masquerading was a popular form of entertainment in those days. Wishing to make an impression they borrowed some horses from a near-by stable and disguised them with sheets.

They then mounted and rode through the darkness, calling at the homes of their mothers and sweethearts, without speaking a word. They rode slowly through the streets of Pulaski waving to the people and making grotesque gestures, which created merriment to the unsuperstitious, and to the superstitious, great fear.

The next day they heard many favorable comments on the unknown boys who had so paraded, having optimism enough to penetrate the gloom which had settled over this once prosperous and happy community. Aside from the amusement they had created, it was reported on the streets, that many of the idle negroes thought they had seen ghosts from the nearby battlefields, and had with haste gone back to their former masters, only too willing to work.

The trivial incident of the selection of the ghostly regalia had a most important bearing on the future of the organization. The potency of the name "Ku Klux Klan" was not wholly in the impression made by it on the public, but the members of the Ku Klux Klan themselves first felt its mysterious power, and realized that through this means they might accomplish something towards alleviating the distress then prevalent in their community. Yet their dominant idea was amusement, based on secrecy and mystery. <<1
The shroud of mystery proved infectious far beyond this group of six and loose adjunct chapters were started around the region. Into these chapters crept a lawless vigilante element that had been mustering in the defeated South, usually also started by Confederate veterans, at first ostensibly a "protective" force but in practice increasingly a terroristic one, in effect insurgents bent on continuing the War, or at least driving out what it saw as an occupying army.

Though officially disbanded in 1869 specifically because of this lawlessness, this same vigilante element ignored the order and continued its terrorism well into the 1870s, organized or not, until the Klan was extinguished by the middle of that decade.

This Ku Klux Klan had lasted less than a dozen years and would have been relegated to the footnotes of history along with the White League, Knights of the White Camellia and other such postwar movements, had it not been for a Georgia salesman and opportunist named William Simmons who, exactly fifty years later, saw a get-rich-quick opportunity in the wake of the stir created by the racist film "Birth of a Nation", which romanticized and whitewashed the old Klan stories. On Thanksgiving Day 1915 Simmons took some followers up Stone Mountain and rekindled the Klan, taking the trouble to acquire a charter from the State of Georgia (and set up a scheme to sell and market memberships, making sure he got a cut of each one).

Simmons saw dollar signs in the national fear of foreigners and immigrants, his new Klan reiteration targeting these newcomers, largely Eastern European, along with labor unions, Catholics, Jews, blacks and any other non-WASP minority, as well as communists, "loose" women, and alcohol (his KKK was firmly behind the Temperance movement and 18th Amendment) -- even though Simmons himself was known to imbibe in these vices. Simmons would hire marketing consultants to exploit these national fears, greatly expanding the Klan far beyond the former geographical and ideological boundaries of the South, to the point where at one point an estimated one-third of the entire male population of Indiana was counted in its members.

Most of our experience of Klan activity, and virtually all of the photographic evidence, derives from Simmons' second (1915) iteration, as does the cross-burning imagery (which was taken from the film, not from history). But ultimately it derives from six bored young guys looking for something to do in a small town, 150 years ago today.

The building at 205 West Madison was marked with a plaque by the Daughters of the Confederacy in 1917, listing the names of the group's founders, apparently feeling Pulaski was snubbed by not being mentioned in Birth of a Nation. In 1990 the building's new owner Don Massey2 turned the plaque backwards and re-bolted it to the brick, so that it now shows nothing but blank.

1 - description quoted from "Authentic History [of the] Ku Klux Klan 1865-1877" by Susan Lawrence Davis
2- Article, Augusta Chronicle 1/20/97

*THERE* is your authentic history. Please to either (a) find me any reference to politics, politicians, or political parties; or (b) bite my ass.

Got more. Just ask.
You can run and hide all you like....educated people know better.....

As if you know what educate people know.

All you know is what you are fed by WND and Stormfront.
Child....try an on-line degree to help you with at that nasty lack of education of yours....

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

KKK founded - Dec 24, 1865 - HISTORY.com

151 years ago KKK founded
December 24, 2016

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests.

By the way . Polaski Tenn. 2012 voting results

Romney 64%
Obama. 35%

Can we be done with this "republicans freed the slaves " bullshit ?
These knuckle dragging RW conservatives just can't grasp the fact that liberals freed the slaves not conservatives. Conservatives OWN the KKK and all the continuing violence and suppression of civil liberties associated with them till this very day! I don't care what party they are affiliated with. In any era,racist and bigotry is the realm of conservative ideology while tolerance and respect for all of humanity is a cornerstone of liberalism.
Dear JQPublic1
1. I have found worse hypocrisy among the left-- rejecting diversity of beliefs, thus contradicting inclusion and tolerance, and violating free choice by forcing mandates through federal govt that violate due process and deprive citizens of liberty.
2. On the right, yes, I have caught many who claim to respect religious freedom under the Constitution deny equal protections for Muslim beliefs by assuming the connection with Jihadist and terrorists. But with issues like
3. Right to life and right to health care, the LEFT has now done more to penalize free choice with federal mandates. And with Beliefs on both sides of the marriage issues, BOTH sides are equally guilty of pushing their beliefs through govt to threaten the other!

So its at least even on that score.
Neither party respects the beliefs of the other but both push to impose their own. Both are guilty of violating equal civil rights of people of other beliefs!

I need a clarification of your notion regarding the left "rejecting diversity of beliefs."I'll step out on a limb and assume you are referring to the PPACA mandate as an example of that.
I respectfully disagree, mainly because I don't see a contradiction of inclusion and tolerance. The PPACA , in FACT is a paragon of inclusiveness. By its very nature the PPACA is inclusive.
Tolerance? Well you may have some modicum of a point there. Free loaders, who normally get free health care in the ER after a traffic accident or bar fight, are forced to contribute in one of two ways: either by signing up for a plan or by paying a penalty. I believe that type of intolerance is necessary for the greater common good.

But lets not lose sight of the conservative ownership of the KKK. To me that sin is far worse than any liberal mandate that I know of.
Do you go to klan meetings, being that your a good democrat?

Fast forward to today . As anyone who has. Confederate flag flying outside their home what party they belong too. The answer won't be "democrat" !!!
Yep, that is just a lie told to keep blacks voting for Democrats. Look how well that has turned out for them. Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. All cities controlled by their Democrat masters. Good job, Timmy.

Blue states do better than red.

Nor do Democrats put the Constitution and due process for citizens BEFORE partisan agenda. Timmy you won't find Democrats waving copies of the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, but rainbow flags putting the beliefs of some people over the beliefs of others, while at the same time denouncing if Christians push their beliefs into public policy. It's only a constitutional violation if *Christians* do that, but LGBT can push THOSE relative beliefs on everyone else and penalize them for not complying. Because LIBERAL partisan beliefs are "more important" than Constitutional principles that protect everyone's beliefs equally. Conservative beliefs don't count, only liberal beliefs. To them the rainbow flag is a more important symbol than the US flag. Transgender bathroom policies should be worshipped and followed blindly, where anyone who questions security concerns for anatomical men using girls restrooms is attacked as a "bigot"; so LGBT creeds should come first over any other beliefs, and adopted by all people even while refusing to stand for the national anthem or to salute the flag " which should remain a free choice to reject." But not bathroom policies or free choice whether to believe and recognize gay marriage or not. only Liberals have the right to impose beliefs on the nation, but nobody else can or it violates "separation of church and state." Liberals are the exception because secular BELIEFS "don't count as imposing religion" so its legal for them and illegal for any other beliefs!

How do you think the ACA mandates got passed that deprive citizens of free choice? Only because Democrats in Congress voted for federal govt over personal free choice, and and a Democrat President endorsed it. Had a Republican President forced this bill, that requires citizens to pay to join Christian health ministries to be exempted from tax penalties, the liberals would have screamed for individual free choice. But as long as Democrats push partisan agenda, that trumps the Constitution and becomes the law of the land.

How many Constitutionalists are Democrats? I am one and can't find others. The other Democrats i know put party platform first before the Constitution. Why is that?

Why do you think they hate the ACLU , the greatest defender of our civil rights ?

:ack-1: :lmao:

Thanks for proving my point .

Yeah, and McDonalds is the greatest advocate against obesity.

Then you tell me. Who is the greatest advocates of our civil rights?

... .

If you were really an American you'd know it's the American people themselves.

Why do you think they hate the ACLU , the greatest defender of our civil rights ?

:ack-1: :lmao:

... .

Nice bullshit answer . It's also Americans who are the biggest threat .

... .

You really need to quit falling down the well...:lmao:
The nanny state never works long term… Dip shit

... .

Then you had better move somewhere else for your own safety.

... .

That's ok . I have the ACLU to help if needed .

And they also help "Christians " . Don't believe the hype that they are somehow anti religious.

The aclu even has defended the klan!

... .

That's ok . I have the ACLU to help if needed .

Yeah, just lay back and cry until someone comes to change your diaper.

You made no "case" Elmer. You claimed a document says something it doesn't say and then got called on it.
Next time vet your own material to make sure it works because you can bet someone else already has.
Good Lord, you must be the biggest racist piece of shit in the history of racist pieces of shit to deny the truth of your party's racist history. Just where in the hell do you believe History.com got their information from if not from the testimony of those 13 congressonal volumes.

"Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South..."

The Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation. The Democratic Party founded the KKK for the express purpose to taking back the state houses of the south after the Civil War through terror and intimidation. Stop denying the truth about your racist Democratic heritage, you racist piece of shit. Stop lying to black people just to keep them voting for your racist party. C'mon Pogo, say it with me... black lives matter.

I don't have a "party" Gummo. What I have is history. And your link above is part of it. You'll notice it says nothing about a political party founding. Because there isn't any. This is the same link the OP used to contradict his own post.

And it still gives the wrong date --- 1865, not 1866. The latter year would be when it started to take on other newer unrelated elements from other towns and states --- but it already existed before then.

As I told him, and as I've told every wag who's tried to float this mythology --- you have the names. I seem to be the only one who knows them: Frank McCord, Capt. John Lester, Richard Reed, Capt. John B. Kennedy, James Crowe and Calvin Jones. Find me any record of their being politically active or affiliated at all.

I've put that same challenge out every time this comes up. No one has ever met it.

See, I knew all this WAAAY before this bogus thread started. Because I've seen the previous bogus threads.

Last edited:
Liberals depend on govt to establish the collective will of the people and try to impose that using govt as the central default source.

That's not Liberalism -- it's more like leftism.

I like to example it thusly:
To declare "all men are created equal" is Liberalism;
To then declare "therefore we need to mandate minority hiring quotas" is leftism.

The second is the activist one. As is rightism.

Liberalism could pass a law prohibiting discrimination but it wouldn't actively do the opposite.

/offtopic

I don't have a "party" Gummo. What I have is history. And your link above is part of it. You'll notice it says nothing about a political party founding. Because there isn't any. This is the same link the OP used to contradict his own post.

See, I knew all this WAAAY before this bogus thread started. Because I've seen the previous bogus threads.

God love you for actually debating that POS maniac.

:lmao:

WHICH ONE of us has been posting extensive histories and WHICH ONE of us is resorting to Wittle Bill on YouTube after having been called out on content of a document that doesn't even exist?

I like my chances. As I said before --- bring it.
I'm the one who has been posting history. You are the one who has been posting racist piece of shit lies for the express purpose of concealing your racist history. Where the hell do you believe History.com got their information from? They got it from personal testimonies from the 13 Congressional Volumes. The Democratic Party was founded on slavery, racism and segregation. The Democratic Party founded the KKK for the express purpose to taking back the state houses of the south after the Civil War through terror and intimidation.

"... From 1867 onward, African-American participation in public life in the South became one of the most radical aspects of Reconstruction, as blacks won election to southern state governments and even to the U.S. Congress. For its part, the Ku Klux Klan dedicated itself to an underground campaign of violence against Republican leaders and voters (both black and white) in an effort to reverse the policies of Radical Reconstruction and restore white supremacy in the South. They were joined in this struggle by similar organizations such as the Knights of the White Camelia (launched in Louisiana in 1867) and the White Brotherhood. At least 10 percent of the black legislators elected during the 1867-1868 constitutional conventions became victims of violence during Reconstruction, including seven who were killed. White Republicans (derided as “carpetbaggers” and “scalawags”) and black institutions such as schools and churches—symbols of black autonomy—were also targets for Klan attacks..."

Stop denying the truth about your racist Democratic heritage, you racist piece of shit. Stop lying to black people just to keep them voting for your racist party. C'mon Pogo, say it with me you lying racist piece of shit... black lives matter.

Once AGAIN I've already seen these 1871-72 documents. I know what they say and what they don't say. If there was such a history in it, you could cite a page number. There isn't one.

I've got other government docs (hard copy, 1967) that DO cite the founding history and it's exactly what I've laid out here.

God love you for actually debating that POS maniac.

He appears to be one of those binary-bots (BBs) who think all human matter in the universe is made up of one of two atoms, the Democrat one or the Republican one, as if it's somewhere somehow required that every human being MUST belong to a fucking political party. And that any act of any kind that he can cherrypick 150 years later as running counter to one, must therefore make the actor comprised of the other type of atoms.

It's bizarre. And it requires applying Composition Fallacies to everything.

What a shallow little hole these BBs live in. I suspect brain damage. Their right hemisphere --- the one that deals with context -- seems to be shut down.

Actually Ferguson is controlled by Republicans. Not that that means anything either --- Democrats run cities, Republicans run suburbs. It's how things work.

/offtopic

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

KKK founded - Dec 24, 1865 - HISTORY.com

151 years ago KKK founded
December 24, 2016

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests.

By the way . Polaski Tenn. 2012 voting results

Romney 64%
Obama. 35%

Can we be done with this "republicans freed the slaves " bullshit ?
These knuckle dragging RW conservatives just can't grasp the fact that liberals freed the slaves not conservatives. Conservatives OWN the KKK and all the continuing violence and suppression of civil liberties associated with them till this very day! I don't care what party they are affiliated with. In any era,racist and bigotry is the realm of conservative ideology while tolerance and respect for all of humanity is a cornerstone of liberalism.
Dear JQPublic1
1. I have found worse hypocrisy among the left-- rejecting diversity of beliefs, thus contradicting inclusion and tolerance, and violating free choice by forcing mandates through federal govt that violate due process and deprive citizens of liberty.
2. On the right, yes, I have caught many who claim to respect religious freedom under the Constitution deny equal protections for Muslim beliefs by assuming the connection with Jihadist and terrorists. But with issues like
3. Right to life and right to health care, the LEFT has now done more to penalize free choice with federal mandates. And with Beliefs on both sides of the marriage issues, BOTH sides are equally guilty of pushing their beliefs through govt to threaten the other!

So its at least even on that score.
Neither party respects the beliefs of the other but both push to impose their own. Both are guilty of violating equal civil rights of people of other beliefs!

I need a clarification of your notion regarding the left "rejecting diversity of beliefs."I'll step out on a limb and assume you are referring to the PPACA mandate as an example of that.
I respectfully disagree, mainly because I don't see a contradiction of inclusion and tolerance. The PPACA , in FACT is a paragon of inclusiveness. By its very nature the PPACA is inclusive.
Tolerance? Well you may have some modicum of a point there. Free loaders, who normally get free health care in the ER after a traffic accident or bar fight, are forced to contribute in one of two ways: either by signing up for a plan or by paying a penalty. I believe that type of intolerance is necessary for the greater common good.

But lets not lose sight of the conservative ownership of the KKK. To me that sin is far worse than any liberal mandate that I know of.
Do you go to klan meetings, being that your a good democrat?
The Klan doesn't like democrats. And no I don't attend Trump rallies where KKK members and American Nazi factions can be found in abundance.

Forum List

Back