19 year old who was raped at 15 ordered to pay child support

This isn't new. I've heard of hundreds of cases just like this. The law needs to be changed. While everyone sympathizes with a female rape victim and will rush to help her get an abortion. Nothing is done for male victims of rape who don't have that option.

How does someone force a 15 year old boy to have sex?

This isn't new. I've heard of hundreds of cases just like this. The law needs to be changed. While everyone sympathizes with a female rape victim and will rush to help her get an abortion. Nothing is done for male victims of rape who don't have that option.

Likely the assertion of his parents because they didn't like his girlfriend.

How does someone force a 15 year old boy to have sex?
From the article it appears that the boy was under the age of consent at the time of the sexual encounters. Sex with underage partners is considered rape by the law. Force or the lack of is irrelevant.

Last edited:
There is a lot left out of this story. First of all, why is a 15 year old kid having a babysitter? Second, was he raped in the true sense or raped in the statutory sense? If it's statutory, which I suspect is the case, then I have no problem with him paying child support because there was consent on his part. I fail to see how a man can be raped by a woman in the true sense of rape.

I do find it appalling, however, that this woman would even be given custody of this child given that under the eyes of the law she should be a sex offender.

Last edited:
From the article it appears that the boy was under the age of consent at the time of the sexual encounters. Sex with underage partners is considered rape by the law.

But it's still not really rape. The state simply doesn't recognize the right of that individual to make the decision on their own

There is a lot left out of this story. First of all, why is a 15 year old kid having a babysitter? Second, was he raped in the true sense or raped in the statutory sense? If it's statutory, which I suspect is the case, then I have no problem with him paying child support because there was consent on his part. I fail to see how a man can be raped by a woman in the true sense of rape.

I do find it appalling, however, that this woman would even be given custody of this child given that under the eyes of the law she should be a sex offender.

According to the article it started when he was 12 and continued until he was 15.

I'm appalled she got the baby back and that she didn't face harsher sentencing.

She was an adult and he was a child, she took advantage of him.

Maybe.. maybe not. Maybe the boy took advantage of the baby sitter. 34year old babysitter? How many baby sitters do you know that are 34?

A 12 year old does not "take advantage" of an adult. I don't care if he walked around wagging it in her face, she was the adult.

12? I saw 15, you assume the incidents occurred between 12-15, I was assuming 15-18.

A fifteen year old boy can in come cases, seduce older women. Yeah and the law says that's the woman raping the boy. One day, maybe even one second later, the boy is sixteen and it's all ok now, not rape. That about sum it up?

She was arrested when he was 15 and he stated it had been on going for 3 years.

Thx, missed that. Yeah that changes assumptions up. Huge difference between a person when they are in the 7th grade in middle school and when they are a sophomore in high school. Though some 12year olds look older than some 18year olds... and some 30year olds act younger than some ten year olds. We are not all the same, we do not all grow up emotionally or physically at the same rate.

Forum List

Back