19 year old who was raped at 15 ordered to pay child support

Just googled "Jeremy Steen" seeking additional confirmation of this outrageous miscarriage of justice.

No evidence to support this article to be found.

I'm thinking this story is BS.

Anyone else find evidence to support it other than the link we're given here?

Well, you can't.

Because we have a double standard.

34 year old man has sex with a 15 year old girl, we say "Pervert".

34 year old woman has sex with a 15 year old boy, and our inner horney teenager cheers him on.

Should it be that way? Nope. But it is.

50 year old world renowned sex addict and accused rapist President Clinton having sex with his teen age intern, we say best "democrat" speaker, best democrat president of the modern era.

Should it be that way? Nope. But it is.

And we should not have adults of any age preying on those under 17 of any age, but there it is: it happens.

And we should not have adults of any age preying on those under 17 of any age, but there it is: it happens.
Ayup some adults even marry those 17year olds in church weddings in front of hundreds of crying joyful friends and family and even have children with them and raise families for decades and decades and then have grandchildren. Disgusting isn't it.

She could have chosen the 'morning after' pill. Or she could have had an abortion early in the pregnancy. As it stands, she chose to have the baby and should be responsible for it. Half of its DNA is hers and half is his. They are both responsible.

So your stance is that rape victims should be responsible for children produced through acts of rape?

There is a lot left out of this story. First of all, why is a 15 year old kid having a babysitter? Second, was he raped in the true sense or raped in the statutory sense? If it's statutory, which I suspect is the case, then I have no problem with him paying child support because there was consent on his part. I fail to see how a man can be raped by a woman in the true sense of rape.

A couple of things here:

1.) How young do you think someone should be before they are mentally mature enough to give consent (in the legal sense)?

2.) Men are absolutely able to be raped; methods like sodomy aside, ejaculations don't always require the consent of the owner of the penis to do its job. Generally speaking fear makes things like erections much harder to take place, but that isn't true for everyone.

Forum List

Back