1946 Marlin 39A .22 Lever Action

I'm not trying to disrupt your thread, and it doesn't look like I am since other weapons are being discussed. Since you are knowledgeable about weapons 1srelluc, are you familiar with the kel-tec p3at? I have a friend who has one, and it continues to jam. I brought it home and cleaned it for her, seems she neglected it, everything is there, in place and now cleaned and lubed . I read the bulletin from kel-tec about it, and polished and greased the rails, but it still jams frequently by the shell getting stuck before it makes it to the chamber.
Any wisdom on this? I honestly am asking for my gal friend Jill.
I have one (and had a early one before that) and it and the older one both were/are 100%.

The smart thing to do is to have her just to send it back to Kel-Tec. They will make it right with no fuss.

That said I prefer the P-32 over the P3AT. That little thing is amazing for it's size and .32 Winchester Sivertip HPs are no joke.

I think to solve my original problem, I'm just going to take Jill over to cal-ranch in show low and buy her a Ruger ec9s. I have a couple of those and really like them. It's a bit larger than her kel-tec but it's a much better gun. That solves her issue, keeps her armed and makes points for me!
I bought a very lightly used S&W M&P 9c as a companion piece to the S&W side-folding carbine I bought the other day. 11+1 capacity.

wm_11788957.jpg

I only ran one box of 9mm through it but I was right impressed with it. I like it a lot better than a G26.

If you can find a used example they are inexpensive at around $350.00 max. I gave $275.00 for the one I bought with two mags and the replaceable back straps.

He more than likely got it at Western Auto or his favorite store, Montgomery Wards.
Western Field was a Montgomery Wards gun.

Revelation was the Western Auto store brand.

Sears was J.C. Higgins which was replaced later by Ted Williams.

Springfield/Savage made guns of different flavors for all three plus many others.

Springfield/Savage made guns of different flavors for all three plus many others.
The scope is western field. The gun says Springfield and Utica ny.
He told me he got it for buying herzog feed, but I think back in the 40's and 50's the monkey wards store did sell feed. It was there when I was a kid, had stock, but generally speaking it was displayed and you ordered from a catalog. I bought the first bike I bought for myself there.
Anyway. Thanks for your time, although I think from watching you, this type of stuff is your passion.

As far as 22 Lever Actions go an Ithaca model 72 is another I would consider ( but the Model 39 has a massive cult Following .
I never owned a 72 and oddly enough I don't know anyone who did....Great gun from what i hear.

The Ithaca a lot of people had was the little Model 49 L/A rolling block single shot.

H14552-L173591867_original.jpg

Yes sir, you were the cat's ass if you had one of those as a kid.

I never did and have to "make do" with a old Winchester single shot. ;)

By golly I have two of them now, a .22 L, S, LR and a .22 magnum.

He told me he got it for buying herzog feed, but I think back in the 40's and 50's the monkey wards store did sell feed. It was there when I was a kid, had stock, but generally speaking it was displayed and you ordered from a catalog. I bought the first bike I bought for myself there.
Anyway. Thanks for your time, although I think from watching you, this type of stuff is your passion.
Yeah, Weaver made scopes for all the stores with their brands on them. I have a couple JC Higgins Weavers.

They were sort of pushed out when Tasco came on the scene.....They made scopes for the stores and the manufactures.....The Marlin branded Tascos bring some money now.

Yeah, Weaver made scopes for all the stores with their brands on them. I have a couple JC Higgins Weavers.

They were sort of pushed out when Tasco came on the scene.....They made scopes for the stores and the manufactures.....The Marlin branded Tascos bring some money now.
Back in the late 80's, got the contract to design and provided field inspection for a kiln foundation in Prescott, where I lived back then. It was for sturm Ruger, and has expanded since then. Now they make not only Ruger guns, but other miscellaneous Ruger stuff, marlin guns and accessories, and I'm told they make titanium artificial joints. What I worked on was an empty desert field and two buildings, which expanded when the kiln was built of course. I was in Prescott last January, and they have about ten acres full of buildings now.
One reason I like Ruger, not only are they good quality, but they give az residents a discount during their 'founders' month every year. Geez when that happens you can't help but buy something.
Damn guns seem to multiply like rabbits.....

Forum List

Back