1975 2.75" Ruger Security Six .357 in Stainless

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
The gun gods were kind this morning.....I picked-up this .357 Security Six and 70s era Bianchi holster for $400.00.

ss 002 (2).JPG

What's odd about this one is that it started life as a square-butt but was made into a round-butt like it's cousin the Speed-Six.

It was a very popular conversion back then since Ruger did not make made a Security or Service-Six with a round butt despite customers clamoring for one.

Unlike today Ruger was not very responsive to the wants of it's customer base back when Bill Ruger was running things so folks did it themselves. There was plenty of "meat" on the frame to work with so it was easily done.

Most folks opted for Pachmayr's "Compac" Speed-Six grips and that is what is on my example. Herretts Shooting Star wood grips were popular too.

Yep....They are very simple to work on too.

Yes they are. Simple, solid guns for shooters.

I have owned 7 or 8 Rugers, and they were all excellent guns. In fact, my No. 1 is, I think, the best rifle for southern whitetail deer that was ever made.

Yes they are. Simple, solid guns for shooters.

I have owned 7 or 8 Rugers, and they were all excellent guns. In fact, my No. 1 is, I think, the best rifle for southern whitetail deer that was ever made.
This Speed-Six started life as a DAO police revolver.

dscn6044-2-jpg.54273

It took me all of 10 minutes to make it a DA/SA revolver with two replacement parts. Dropped right in, great trigger.

LOL......Try that with a S&W or Colt.

Forum List

Back