2009 second warmest year on record

It doesn't matter.

ROFL... Poof goes all your glacier bullshit and "it doesn't matter."

Once again, debunked religion smells like sour grapes.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859.

Still pandering that pablum I see.

Lower solar activity means a cooler earth.

Oh now we're going to listen to that?

Unbelievable. But then again, in this you have been quite consistent.

It doesn't matter.

ROFL... Poof goes all your glacier bullshit and "it doesn't matter."

Once again, debunked religion smells like sour grapes.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859.

Still pandering that pablum I see.

Lower solar activity means a cooler earth.

Oh now we're going to listen to that?

Unbelievable. But then again, in this you have been quite consistent.

You respond to the two irrefutable facts I posted with bullshit.

But then....that's all you have.

two irrefutable facts I posted

When'd that happen? Not in any thread I saw.

Nice try at deflection or dementia.

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

The Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 200 years.

These are the two things that are driving our climate right now.

And neither of which are man's fault. So no need for cap and trade, green energy or policies.

The end of environmentalism in a nut shell by your own words.

And neither of which are man's fault. So no need for cap and trade, green energy or policies.

The end of environmentalism in a nut shell by your own words.

We caused the increase in CO2.

And green energy is American made.

Why do you hate America?

Yes, an advocacy site that profits from continuing the hoax is your source. Good job!

BTW, I don't hate America. I hate environazis who want to relegate me to the life of a friggen amazon tribesman worshiping mud and dying of simple aliments because it's 'natural' or starving or freezing to death all for the sake of some endangered weevil living in the weeds.

Why do you hate humanity?

Oh and for the record, green energy is worse on your sacred environment than coal or nuclear or oil.

It produces less energy, requiring more of it. The energy value is half that of standard gas and less than 40% regular diesel. It also requires more water and resources in land and biomass than even the most polluting coal strip mine.

It doesn't work in sub zero temperatures. Windmills in MN can't be run below certain temps regardless of windspeed. They are too brittle, and Biodiesel gels at 15 degrees.

Causes quality of life problems that far exceed that of clean coal or nuclear in the forms of noise, animal kill and sight pollution. Plus the flicker and sound cause previously unknown health issues for those who live near.

If it were not subsidized, there would be no ability for these inefficient, undesirable energy sources to exist for they could not compete in a free market. This makes them valueless.

So, let's not try to play that bullshit. Only profiteers are liking this aspect of your argument. The rest, including T. Boone Pickens, have seen through the lie.

My, my, the total fucking idiots are baying at the moon again.

Wind Energy Costs much does wind energy cost
How much does wind energy cost?

Over the last 20 years, the cost of electricity from utility-scale wind systems has dropped by more than 80%. In the early 1980s, when the first utility-scale turbines were installed, wind-generated electricity cost as much as 30 cents per kilowatt-hour. Now, state-of-the-art wind power plants can generate electricity for less than 5 cents/kWh with the Production Tax Credit in many parts of the U.S., a price that is competitive with new coal- or gas-fired power plants.

The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is working with the wind industry to develop a next generation of wind turbine technology. The products from this program are expected to generate electricity at prices that will be lower still.

More reading:
The Economics of Wind Energy is a fact sheet that discusses this topic in greater depth.

Tne Economics of Wind Energy, British Wind Energy Association

Both wind and geo-thermal have the technology that puts them at a lower real cost than dirty coal. And even nuclear is cheaper than 'clean' coal. In fact, the only 'clean' coal plant operating at present is in China.

In a short time, Solar will be cheapest of all, and scalable for anyone that owns their own home. The home owner will not only be able to power his home, but also his vehicles, whatever their size.

Of course the idea of American Citizens being independent of the petro-dicatators like the Saudis and Chavez will just break the heart of Dooodeee... and the rest of the brain dead here.

Okay. Put a windfarm together without a backing coal or gas plant. Oh that's right, the whole system dies then. Plus it STILL won't run below zero degrees. Real helpful for us in the northern US.

And to top it off, let's take away their subsidies and treat them like oil. How long is this going to survive? 20 seconds? 30?

Tne Economics of Wind Energy, British Wind Energy Association

Both wind and geo-thermal have the technology that puts them at a lower real cost than dirty coal. And even nuclear is cheaper than 'clean' coal. In fact, the only 'clean' coal plant operating at present is in China.

In a short time, Solar will be cheapest of all, and scalable for anyone that owns their own home. The home owner will not only be able to power his home, but also his vehicles, whatever their size.

Of course the idea of American Citizens being independent of the petro-dicatators like the Saudis and Chavez will just break the heart of Dooodeee... and the rest of the brain dead here.

This is green fantasy. In THEORY it may happen. In reality, not happening any time soon.

BTW, let's get back to some fundamentals on the issue, Crocks. Why do we need this shitty energy production again?

Guess you missed this little news flash, Skippy:

Climategate goes American: NOAA, GISS and the mystery of the vanishing weather stations – Telegraph Blogs

GISS and NOAA took their temperature data from 6,000 weather stations around the world. By 1990, though, this figure had mysteriously dropped to 1500. Even more mysteriously this 75 per cent reduction in the number of stations used had a clear bias against those at higher latitudes and elevations.

Yup....NASA and NOAA have been faking the numbers, too. :lol:

Dude pwns the k00k !!!!!

Charles,

You can enlarge the graph to get better detail. It appears to me the ice is less this year. Approximately 13.7m then to 12.3m now.

Then you should check your eyes.
The graph is clear enough - more ice this year, not less.
Warmers like Old Rocks just ignore or misrepresent anything which does not support their AGW conjecture.
Are you a Warmer?

Charles,

You can enlarge the graph to get better detail. It appears to me the ice is less this year. Approximately 13.7m then to 12.3m now.

Warmers like Old Rocks just ignore or misrepresent anything which does not support their AGW conjecture.
Are you a Warmer?

LOL. As suspected, Charles, you are incapable of reading even the simplest graph.

http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_timeseries.png

LOL. As suspected, Charles, you are incapable of reading even the simplest graph.

Yeah right - I see places where the 2009-2010 graph is above the 2006-2007 frame and BTW last year was 2009 so you should compare that ice to 2008-2009, not move things around to try and get the AGW you desire.
Hokey science at its worst, that is you all over Rocky.

Charles,

Are you a Warmer?

http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_timeseries.png
And you believe anecdotal evidence from an environmental activist interviewing mountain guides and a student dissertation from a non-climatologist program. Neither of which were peer reviewed but accepted as truth.

Forum List

Back