2009 second warmest year on record

Rather than a man with no credentials in the fields of either physics or climatology, here is an article from the American Institute of physics.

Simple Models of Climate

Now I know that it absolutely is against your religion of denial to actually listen to physicist on physics. Because absorbtion spectra and the atmospheric physics of greenhouse gases lies in the realms of physics, not microbiology.

Interesting how CO2 gas has different properties when your physicist uses it and when the rest of us observe it.

You are observing it how? Have you done an absorbtion spectra of it? Have you measured a beam of infrared in and out of an atmosphere that contains CO2?

No, the fact is that you are simply doing yap-yap. You have not even done the most basic research to see what the facts are. And you will not do that research, ever!

Absorbtion spectra is associated more with chemistry.

Warming does release CO2, so I will "assume" that fact.

Cooling may decrease the release of CO2 and it ight also assist in the process(es) of reabsorption of CO2. So, I will assume THAT, too.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about when you say silly shit about denier wackos or you suggest that "they" maintain we have been cooling for 11 years. So I will make no such "assumption."

Now, then, let's see if we can address your final "question."

Nope. It would require accepting your stupid final "premise."

CO2 has continued to be released, however, by human-kind during the past 11 years. However, we do not know all the variables associated with reabosrption of CO2 nor can we make a good guess as to the time-lag associated with increased natural release of CO2 OR its reabsorption.

I am sorry to step on the big toe of your Faith.
As I have said, when CON$ get caught lying they play dumb and just keep on lying.

Deniers have been claiming for years that global warming stopped since 1998.

I simply put you on the horns of a dilemma, do you admit you are lying about CO2 or do you admit the deniers are lying about cooling.

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998 - Telegraph

Prepare for Cooling, not Warming
By Dr. Tim Ball & Tom Harris Friday, October 5, 2007
The world is cooling. Global temperatures have declined since 1998 and a growing number of climate experts expect this trend to continue until at least 2030.

Global Climate Chaos: Climate cooling since 1998
"The Earth is not warming. The 28-year period of warming between 1970 and 1998 stopped dead in its tracks, and the climate has been cooling ever since.

Meteorologist and Weather Channel founder John Coleman put it this way: In the face of a rapidly cooling planet, all the proponents of global warming can do is to lamely suggest that global warming has gone on vacation and is taking a 10-year hiatus on account of the absence of sun spots.

No Global Warming Since 1998 As Planet Cools Off
Top UN scientists have been forced to admit that natural weather occurrences are having a far greater effect on climate change than CO2 emissions as a continued cooling trend means there has been no global warming since 1998.

Is there global cooling.com - Home
1998 was a warm year but the eleven years since have each been cooler, global temperatures have dropped an average of .6 degrees C in this period (according to UAH)

FNC?s Pinkerton Corrects FNC?s Kennedy on Global Warming: ?Cooling Since 1998' | NewsBusters.org
On Saturday’s Fox News Watch on FNC, regular panel member Jim Pinkerton of the conservative New America Foundation corrected fellow panel member Douglas Kennedy – an FNC correspondent and son of former New York Senator Robert F. Kennedy – as Kennedy asserted that "you don't have to be a scientist to know that the world is getting hotter," and that "that's objective reporting to say that the world is getting hotter."

Pinkerton responded: "Actually, it’s inaccurate reporting to say that. The world has been cooling since 1998."

The World Has Been Cooling Since 1998 AConservativeEdge
Drop in world temperatures fuels global warming debate. Official government measurements show that the world’s temperature has cooled a bit since reaching its most recent peak in 1998. That’s given global warming skeptics new ammunition to attack the prevailing theory of climate change.

Scientic data collected since 1998 - the Earth is Cooling, not Warming inspite of rising CO2 levels. Go figure.
Carbon Dioxide or Carbon is not the culprit, Global Warming is a misnomer, the Earth has been cooling since 1998 as is the Pacific Ocean and evidence of 24% rise in the extent of summer Polar ice since 1998.

Maybe it has been getting cooler. One thing we know for sure: we can't rely on the AGW Faither tampered-with "data."

That's one of the major problems with your AGW Faithers. You lie and lie and lie, and then you rely on fraudulent "data" to make it appear that you are being the objective ones.

But your credibility in general is long since gone.

Not yours in particular, edthesickdick. You never had any to begin with.
Well, there you go again, putting your foot in your mouth. First you CON$ claim you have been denied access to the data, so if you have no data, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW IT WAS TAMPERED WITH?????????? :cuckoo:
Just like you are either lying about cooling for the last 11 years or you are lying about warming caused CO2 to rise, you are either lying about your access to the data or you are lying about the data being tampered with.
Which lie is it??????????

As I have said, when CON$ get caught lying they play dumb and just keep on lying.

Deniers have been claiming for years that global warming stopped since 1998.

I simply put you on the horns of a dilemma, do you admit you are lying about CO2 or do you admit the deniers are lying about cooling.

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998 - Telegraph

Prepare for Cooling, not Warming
By Dr. Tim Ball & Tom Harris Friday, October 5, 2007
The world is cooling. Global temperatures have declined since 1998 and a growing number of climate experts expect this trend to continue until at least 2030.

Global Climate Chaos: Climate cooling since 1998
"The Earth is not warming. The 28-year period of warming between 1970 and 1998 stopped dead in its tracks, and the climate has been cooling ever since.

Meteorologist and Weather Channel founder John Coleman put it this way: In the face of a rapidly cooling planet, all the proponents of global warming can do is to lamely suggest that global warming has gone on vacation and is taking a 10-year hiatus on account of the absence of sun spots.

No Global Warming Since 1998 As Planet Cools Off
Top UN scientists have been forced to admit that natural weather occurrences are having a far greater effect on climate change than CO2 emissions as a continued cooling trend means there has been no global warming since 1998.

Is there global cooling.com - Home
1998 was a warm year but the eleven years since have each been cooler, global temperatures have dropped an average of .6 degrees C in this period (according to UAH)

FNC?s Pinkerton Corrects FNC?s Kennedy on Global Warming: ?Cooling Since 1998' | NewsBusters.org
On Saturday’s Fox News Watch on FNC, regular panel member Jim Pinkerton of the conservative New America Foundation corrected fellow panel member Douglas Kennedy – an FNC correspondent and son of former New York Senator Robert F. Kennedy – as Kennedy asserted that "you don't have to be a scientist to know that the world is getting hotter," and that "that's objective reporting to say that the world is getting hotter."

Pinkerton responded: "Actually, it’s inaccurate reporting to say that. The world has been cooling since 1998."

The World Has Been Cooling Since 1998 AConservativeEdge
Drop in world temperatures fuels global warming debate. Official government measurements show that the world’s temperature has cooled a bit since reaching its most recent peak in 1998. That’s given global warming skeptics new ammunition to attack the prevailing theory of climate change.

Scientic data collected since 1998 - the Earth is Cooling, not Warming inspite of rising CO2 levels. Go figure.
Carbon Dioxide or Carbon is not the culprit, Global Warming is a misnomer, the Earth has been cooling since 1998 as is the Pacific Ocean and evidence of 24% rise in the extent of summer Polar ice since 1998.

Maybe it has been getting cooler. One thing we know for sure: we can't rely on the AGW Faither tampered-with "data."

That's one of the major problems with your AGW Faithers. You lie and lie and lie, and then you rely on fraudulent "data" to make it appear that you are being the objective ones.

Well, there you go again, putting your foot in your mouth. First you CON$ claim you have been denied access to the data, so if you have no data, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW IT WAS TAMPERED WITH?????????? :cuckoo:
Just like you are either lying about cooling for the last 11 years or you are lying about warming caused CO2 to rise, you are either lying about your access to the data or you are lying about the data being tampered with.

You lying Faithers need to buy a clue.

We know it was tampered with, you silly asshat, because you guys fucked up and revealed as much.

I haven't lied at all, as you knew when you lied and falsely made that absurd claim.

You FAITHERS take it as an article of FAITH that MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING exists and was caused by the CO2 humankind pumped into the Earth's atmosphere. And if the weather has gotten warmer, you idiots proceed to "discover" that it could only be because of that CO2 "we" all pumped into the atmosphere. :cuckoo:

It never dawns on you idiot FAITHERS -- you liars -- that MAYBE you have fucked up and confused cause and effect.

And when the prospect gets raised that your FAITH is not based on good science, you skew the data, suppress the evidence that SHOULD cause you assholes to rethink your stupid positions. and then protest when your behavior is exposed. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Fuck off, you dishonest scumbag FAITHERS. IF I want to invest my time in some religion, I'll pick mine. It certainly won't be the imbecilic crap you guys worship.

Last edited:
Just wanted you all to know I haven't changed my opinion that dumping tons of greenhouse gasses into a dynamic environment most likely has the same effect as increasing the amount of greenhouse gasses in a controlled environment.

Seems like a wishful thinking jump of logic that it doesn't.

So until I feel a need to warm the planet to stall another ice age or something ridiculous like that I'm for not being lazy and forcing some emissions controls on folks.
Then why not mandate smaller vehicles?
Why not enforce a 55mph speed limit with vehicles optimised for fuel efficiency at said limit?
Why not tell people that they cannot set their thermostats above 60 when heating or below 80 when cooling?
Why not ration Gasoline, Electricity, and everything else.
At some point you would effectively start limitting emissions.

The current steps are hapazard and ineffective, but one must expect that because politicians are renowned for their lack of scientific understanding.
Unfortunately for AGW folks the data is moderately inconclusive.

As to why the icecaps might melt - particulate carbon trapped in the icesheets exacerbated by a slight rise in temperatures, raised the surface temperature of the ice. As the ice melted the carbon, accumulated over the century of the early industrial revolution, kept sinking lower and foming a sunlight trap on ethe ice itself. Now witht he ice melted, the caps can form again without so many the carbon particles. Which is exactly what seems to be happening.

I'd be for mandating more fuel efficient vehicles and the speed limit changes.

Heck, I'll even make you a deal. I'll put a $1 a gallon tax on gas and offer an equal break corporate and personal income tax just to prove I'm not trying to encourage behavior which is good for the environment and bad for Iran not raise taxes.

We know it was tampered with, you silly asshat, because you guys fucked up and revealed as much..................

...................Fuck off, you dishonest scumbag FAITHERS.

Liability, I mean no disrespect and don't want to put you in a bad enough mood it carries over to your personal relationships or makes you angry enough to cuss folks out on here.

We merely disagree. I wouldn't tell some one in a bar to fuck off though, its a bad habit to get in. Even if I'm feeling like a pretty bad jedi you never know who is going to land a lucky punch.

By all means charge folks who doctored data with mail fraud or whatever can be stuck to them. I'll lead the charge at the cigarette and oil scientists as you lead the charge at these fellas.

We know it was tampered with, you silly asshat, because you guys fucked up and revealed as much.

I haven't lied at all, as you knew when you lied and falsely made that absurd claim.

You FAITHERS take it as an article of FAITH that MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING exists and was caused by the CO2 humankind pumped into the Earth's atmosphere. And if the weather has gotten warmer, you idiots proceed to "discover" that it could only be because of that CO2 "we" all pumped into the atmosphere. :cuckoo:

It never dawns on you idiot FAITHERS -- you liars -- that MAYBE you have fucked up and confused cause and effect.

And when the prospect gets raised that your FAITH is not based on good science, you skew the data, suppress the evidence that SHOULD cause you assholes to rethink your stupid positions. and then protest when your behavior is exposed. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Fuck off, you dishonest scumbag FAITHERS. IF I want to invest my time in some religion, I'll pick mine. It certainly won't be the imbecilic crap you guys worship.
Looks like I struck a nerve! :rofl:

Data? Why do you need to see the data? It's just numbers and you wouldn't understand them anyway

Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data - Times Online

East Angelia Glee Club Busted

"Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data
Ben Webster, Environment Editor, and Jonathan Leake

Professor Phil Jones, the unit's director, stood down while the inquiry took place

The university at the centre of the climate change row over stolen e-mails broke the law by refusing to hand over its raw data for public scrutiny.

The University of East Anglia breached the Freedom of Information Act by refusing to comply with requests for data concerning claims by its scientists that man-made emissions were causing global warming."

My, my, here we go again. So every scientific society in the world, every national academy of science, and every major university in the world is doctoring the data.

The people at East Anglia are guilty of e-mailing bad tempered correspodence, that is what will be found to be the whole of the "problem".

In the meantime, people are repeating lie after lie about what is really happening on the climate.

And sometimes it gets damned humorous. First, it is warming because of the sun, but we are in a 10 year cooling trend because of the sun, except that it is not really cooling.

The oceans are cooling not warming, and they are warming because of undersea volcanoes.

You people are really pathetic. You are willing to accept anything to bolster your denial of reality.

My, such an erudite post. It really presents the case for denial of global warming well.

In fact, it is the summation of all the denialist posts.

Thank You, Liberty for doing it so well.:lol:

My, my, here we go again. So every scientific society in the world, every national academy of science, and every major university in the world is doctoring the data.

The people at East Anglia are guilty of e-mailing bad tempered correspodence, that is what will be found to be the whole of the "problem".

In the meantime, people are repeating lie after lie about what is really happening on the climate.

And sometimes it gets damned humorous. First, it is warming because of the sun, but we are in a 10 year cooling trend because of the sun, except that it is not really cooling.

The oceans are cooling not warming, and they are warming because of undersea volcanoes.

You people are really pathetic. You are willing to accept anything to bolster your denial of reality.

Unlike e=mc^2, East Algelia's Glee Clubs Bizzaroland Theories are based upon data that they've refuse to release and have since destroyed. It's more like an economic theory, assume it's warmer..."

As has been explained to you ad nauseum, and has bounced off your fat-assed head, there doesn't need to be a conspiracy when the people at the top are faking the numbers and destroying contravening evidence.

Likewise, how many more apparently honest people are there out there like this poor sap,
pachauri2401_1564921c.jpg

who had his data debunked after the "peers" who want to believe their own scare stories verified his erroneous conclusions?

My, such an erudite post. It really presents the case for denial of global warming well.

Once again, your research is flawed. I have no post or comment included in your post. It is very distasteful to imply such.

Just wanted you all to know I haven't changed my opinion that dumping tons of greenhouse gasses into a dynamic environment most likely has the same effect as increasing the amount of greenhouse gasses in a controlled environment.

Seems like a wishful thinking jump of logic that it doesn't.

So until I feel a need to warm the planet to stall another ice age or something ridiculous like that I'm for not being lazy and forcing some emissions controls on folks.
Then why not mandate smaller vehicles?

Because there are people that need larger vehicles.

Why not enforce a 55mph speed limit with vehicles optimised for fuel efficiency at said limit?

Ever drive from Oregon the North Dakota?

Why not tell people that they cannot set their thermostats above 60 when heating or below 80 when cooling?

Why not charge the real price of the coal? The cost of the environmental pollution. The medical cost of the asthma and other respitory illnesses? Then ecourage people the generate their own power.

Why not ration Gasoline, Electricity, and everything else.

We do that already. It is called market pricing.

At some point you would effectively start limitting emissions.

Why not an effective energy policy like Germany? Why should we have the most advanced solar manufacturer, First Solar, building their biggest and most modern plants in Germany because we have no real energy policy?

The current steps are hapazard and ineffective, but one must expect that because politicians are renowned for their lack of scientific understanding.

Now, unfortunetly, that is true. And true of the average American.

Unfortunately for AGW folks the data is moderately inconclusive.

What is inconclusive about the data? That CO2 is a major greenhouse gas? That was established in 1858.

The scientific community established that we are the cause of the additional CO2 in the atmosphere in 1957.

What is inconclusive about the fact that the ice caps are melting? What is inconclusive about the alpine glaciers melting? What is inconclusive in the melting of the Permafrost?

And what is inconclusive about the fact that the worst predictions of the real climatologists were far too optimistic? Nobody predicted the outgassing of the clathrates would begin in 2008. No one predicted the loss in volume and area of North Polar Ice Cap in the last 5 years.

As to why the icecaps might melt - particulate carbon trapped in the icesheets exacerbated by a slight rise in temperatures, raised the surface temperature of the ice.

Slight rise in temperature? 2 to 5 degrees over the area of the Arctic is not a slight rise in temperature.
As the ice melted the carbon, accumulated over the century of the early industrial revolution, kept sinking lower and foming a sunlight trap on ethe ice itself. Now witht he ice melted, the caps can form again without so many the carbon particles. Which is exactly what seems to be happening.

No, that is not at all what is happening. Right now, the area of the North Polar Ice Cap is right now 12% lower than it was last year at this time.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.area.arctic.png

So, just to be clear; despite You being absolutely convinced man-made global warming is real, YOUrefuse to do anything which inconveniences YOU
Wereas I, despite bing sceptical DO take a personal responsibility and voluntarily make changes, inconvenient changes, to my lifestyle.
That sounds about par for the course - Hypocrisy from a Warmer.

Once again, your research is flawed. I have no post or comment included in your post. It is very distasteful to imply such.

You are correct, my apologies. It was Liability, not Liberty.:confused:

You are correct, my apologies. It was Liability, not Liberty.:confused:

Thank you. I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to rebut a comment actually made my me soon. :lol:

Next he'll demand we all be metallurgists if we want to comment on the behavior or use of a steel I beam. :rolleyes:

OK, I apologize. I did not realize the depths of your ignorance.

The absorbtion spectra of a gas does not change, whether it is in a tube, a box, or the open atmosphere.

I can plainly see that you have not even had high school physics or chemistry.
Would this be the same data where they made the mistake of making it an infinitely deep atmosphere?

Then upon realization, they corrected the error, and warming did not occur?

Damn. Another grade school dropout!

How about the very finate atmosphere of Venus? I realize that all that CO2 in that atmosphere only affected the temperature a little. After all, we can all live in an environment that lead melts in, right?

Once again. Basic science from the physicists. American Institute of Physics;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

The physicists are the ones that write this article. Their scientific society, and that of all the rest of the scientific societies around the world state unequivecoly that GHGs are the primary driver of the warming that we are seeing.
Lemarkian Genetics anyone? Anyone?

How about Communist Biology? Anyone forget about that little chestnut of 'science' from the cold war?

Forum List

Back