2014 On Track To Be Hottest Year On Record

Thanks for the link RollingBlunder.
The claim that august is hotter than its been in a hundred years is anything but a fact. As the link rollingblunder provided, states.

LOLOLOL.....I keep forgetting how utterly retarded you are....and then you always remind me.....

In the first place, I gave you the link to the THE U.S. HISTORICAL CLIMATOLOGY NETWORK MONTHLY TEMPERATURE DATA. The "U.S." temperature data, moron. August is the hottest month on record, in records going back over a century, GLOBALLY, not just in the U.S.

I think I'll trust the scientists at NOAA to correctly interpret the temperature records over the crackpot assessments of a very ignorant denier cult retard like you.

With records dating back to 1880, the global temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces for August 2014 was 0.75°C (1.35°F) higher than the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F). This makes August 2014 the warmest August on record for the globe since records began in 1880, beating the previous record set in 1998. Nine of the 10 warmest Augusts on record have occurred during the 21st century. Additionally, August 2014 marked the 38th consecutive August with a temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for August occurred in 1976. The departure from average for the month was also record high for the Northern Hemisphere, at 0.92°C (1.66°F) above average.
(NOAA)

Thanks for the link RollingBlunder.
The claim that august is hotter than its been in a hundred years is anything but a fact. As the link rollingblunder provided, states.

LOLOLOL.....I keep forgetting how utterly retarded you are....and then you always remind me.....

In the first place, I gave you the link to the THE U.S. HISTORICAL CLIMATOLOGY NETWORK MONTHLY TEMPERATURE DATA. The "U.S." temperature data, moron. August is the hottest month on record, in records going back over a century, GLOBALLY, not just in the U.S.

I think I'll trust the scientists at NOAA to correctly interpret the temperature records over the crackpot assessments of a very ignorant denier cult retard like you.

With records dating back to 1880, the global temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces for August 2014 was 0.75°C (1.35°F) higher than the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F). This makes August 2014 the warmest August on record for the globe since records began in 1880, beating the previous record set in 1998. Nine of the 10 warmest Augusts on record have occurred during the 21st century. Additionally, August 2014 marked the 38th consecutive August with a temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for August occurred in 1976. The departure from average for the month was also record high for the Northern Hemisphere, at 0.92°C (1.66°F) above average.
(NOAA)

You gave me the wrong link with zero temperatures when I asked for the temperatures?

Nice way to defend your OP.

That is what we call a rolling-blunder.

So go ahead and post the temperatures so we can see if you can support that mouth with a bit of human intelligence.

Retards, I have a good grind that is a "retard". Nice to see a bit of that old fashion bigotry of the past is still part of your human spirit.

Yes, call me a retard, I will wear it proud, I feel for the handicapped, your lack of intelligence is nothing less than extreme, to use those of us who are to be protected for the are mentally handicapped, to use the handicapped as an insult is low.

RollingThunder, is the lowest of humanity.

where are the temperature data sets

Same places they were when we showed you the links before. Being you're clueless and gutless, you refused to look at them. And now you're lying by pretending you never saw them.

So, stupid, cowardly and dishonest. Yep, you've hit the trifecta, and you're officially a member of the denier cult in good standing. I warned you of the lifetime of humiliation that would earn you, but you wouldn't listen. They never listen, and it never turns out well for them, as they generally self-destruct in such highly amusing ways.

It's actually not all that surprising that 2014 would be the next new 'warmest year on record' since it turns out that all of the years in this century are among the hottest years on record.

13 of 14 Hottest Years on Record All Occurred in 21st Century
Weather.com (The Weather Channel)
By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)
The World Meteorological Organization's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate showed also that despite the oft-reported global warming "hiatus," 13 of the 14 warmest years in recorded weather history have all occurred in the opening years of the 21st century. Each of the last three decades has been warmer than the previous one, the report adds, and the 2001 to 2010 decade is the warmest in history so far. "There is no standstill in global warming," said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud, drawing a distinction between the relatively slow rise in average land surface temperatures since the late 1990s and other signs of planetary warming, including the dramatic loss of Arctic sea ice and glacial ice around the world. "More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans," where warming has accelerated and at lower depths, he added. "Levels of these greenhouse gases are at record levels, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come."

While 2013 brought unusually cool summer temperatures to much of the eastern half of the United States, and one of the quietest Atlantic hurricane seasons in recent memory, the year elsewhere around the world brought many events that "we would expect as a result of human-induced climate change," said Jarraud. "We saw heavier precipitation, more intense heat, and more damage from storm surges and coastal flooding as a result of sea level rise, as Typhoon Haiyan so tragically demonstrated in the Philippines," he added. Temperatures in the Southern Hemisphere were very warm throughout the year, the report notes, evidenced by Australia's record heat as well as the warmth in New Zealand and Argentina, both of which experienced near-record warm years. Searing droughts occurred in northwestern Brazil that region's worst in 50 years as well as in southern China and parts of Africa, while heavy rains and severe floods swept through the India-Nepal border region as well as Sudan and Somalia. Extreme precipitation also led to severe floods in Europe, especially in the Alpine regions of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

But the deeply delusional denier cult dupes wants to authoritatively tell us that we're in a cooling period. LOLOL.

Post the temperatures, you will not, because actual temperatures will show you are lying.

It's actually not all that surprising that 2014 would be the next new 'warmest year on record' since it turns out that all of the years in this century are among the hottest years on record.

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)
The World Meteorological Organization's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate showed also that despite the oft-reported global warming "hiatus," 13 of the 14 warmest years in recorded weather history have all occurred in the opening years of the 21st century. Each of the last three decades has been warmer than the previous one, the report adds, and the 2001 to 2010 decade is the warmest in history so far. "There is no standstill in global warming," said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud, drawing a distinction between the relatively slow rise in average land surface temperatures since the late 1990s and other signs of planetary warming, including the dramatic loss of Arctic sea ice and glacial ice around the world. "More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans," where warming has accelerated and at lower depths, he added. "Levels of these greenhouse gases are at record levels, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come."

While 2013 brought unusually cool summer temperatures to much of the eastern half of the United States, and one of the quietest Atlantic hurricane seasons in recent memory, the year elsewhere around the world brought many events that "we would expect as a result of human-induced climate change," said Jarraud. "We saw heavier precipitation, more intense heat, and more damage from storm surges and coastal flooding as a result of sea level rise, as Typhoon Haiyan so tragically demonstrated in the Philippines," he added. Temperatures in the Southern Hemisphere were very warm throughout the year, the report notes, evidenced by Australia's record heat as well as the warmth in New Zealand and Argentina, both of which experienced near-record warm years. Searing droughts occurred in northwestern Brazil that region's worst in 50 years as well as in southern China and parts of Africa, while heavy rains and severe floods swept through the India-Nepal border region as well as Sudan and Somalia. Extreme precipitation also led to severe floods in Europe, especially in the Alpine regions of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

But the deeply delusional denier cult dupes wants to authoritatively tell us that we're in a cooling period. LOLOL.
Post temperatures, why won't you?

I guess the truth is too big for the liberals to swallow.

Another failed op, the earth is colder, but it takes a scientist to tell if it's warm or cold, at that it takes liberal paid scientists.

Post the temperatures, you will not, because actual temperatures will show you are lying.

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)

Another failed op, the earth is colder, but it takes a scientist to tell if it's warm or cold, at that it takes liberal paid scientists.
Silly troll!

You can lead a moron to science but you can not make him think.

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)

Silly troll!

Then lead, post the temperature, I know you have Google bad tried, but you fail. You can not defend your own op when challenged.

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)

Silly troll!

Then lead, post the temperature, I know you have Google bad tried, but you fail. You can not defend your own op when challenged.
Silly troll, I've defended the OP with a number of scientific reports and data sources. You're too retarded to comprehend the data anyway but you act like you can refute the scientific analyses by the leading climate scientists, if only I would show you, in detail, on this forum, all of the world temperature data, 'raw', station by station.....because you are apparently too stupid to look the data up for yourself. LOLOLOL. You're a troll and your deranged twaddle is worthless bullshit.

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)

Silly troll!

Silly troll, I've defended the OP with a number of scientific reports and data sources. You're too retarded to comprehend the data anyway but you act like you can refute the scientific analyses by the leading climate scientists, if only I would show you, in detail, on this forum, all of the world temperature data, 'raw', station by station.....because you are apparently too stupid to look the data up for yourself. LOLOLOL. You're a troll and your deranged twaddle is worthless bullshit.

Finally An Explanation Of The global Warming Scam US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

where are the temperature data sets

Same places they were when we showed you the links before. Being you're clueless and gutless, you refused to look at them. And now you're lying by pretending you never saw them.

So, stupid, cowardly and dishonest. Yep, you've hit the trifecta, and you're officially a member of the denier cult in good standing. I warned you of the lifetime of humiliation that would earn you, but you wouldn't listen. They never listen, and it never turns out well for them, as they generally self-destruct in such highly amusing ways.

Finally An Explanation Of The global Warming Scam US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Science is settled?

Even though scientific understanding is always being refined and expanded, the basic facts about what is happening now with the Earth's warming and climate changes are well understood by the scientists, so yes, in that regard, the "science IS settled"......far, far beyond your retarded comprehension, I'm afraid.

WHAT 95% CERTAINTY OF WARMING MEANS TO SCIENTISTS
Associated Press
By SETH BORENSTEIN
Sep. 24, 2013
(excerpts)
Top scientists from a variety of fields say they are about as certain that global warming is a real, man-made threat as they are that cigarettes kill. They are as sure about climate change as they are about the age of the universe. They say they are more certain about climate change than they are that vitamins make you healthy or that dioxin in Superfund sites is dangerous. They'll even put a number on how certain they are about climate change. But that number isn't 100 percent. It's 95 percent. And for some non-scientists, that's just not good enough. There's a mismatch between what scientists say about how certain they are and what the general public thinks the experts mean, specialists say. That is an issue because this week, scientists from around the world have gathered in Stockholm for a meeting of a U.N. panel on climate change, and they will probably release a report saying it is "extremely likely" — which they define in footnotes as 95 percent certain — that humans are mostly to blame for temperatures that have climbed since 1951. One climate scientist involved says the panel may even boost it in some places to "virtually certain" and 99 percent.

Some climate-change deniers have looked at 95 percent and scoffed. After all, most people wouldn't get on a plane that had only a 95 percent certainty of landing safely, risk experts say. But in science, 95 percent certainty is often considered the gold standard for certainty. "Uncertainty is inherent in every scientific judgment," said Johns Hopkins University epidemiologist Thomas Burke. "Will the sun come up in the morning?" Scientists know the answer is yes, but they can't really say so with 100 percent certainty because there are so many factors out there that are not quite understood or under control. George Gray, director of the Center for Risk Science and Public Health at George Washington University, said that demanding absolute proof on things such as climate doesn't make sense. "There's a group of people who seem to think that when scientists say they are uncertain, we shouldn't do anything," said Gray, who was chief scientist for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency during the George W. Bush administration. "That's crazy. We're uncertain and we buy insurance."

With the U.N. panel about to weigh in on the effects of greenhouse gas emissions from the burning of oil, coal and gas, The Associated Press asked scientists who specialize in climate, physics, epidemiology, public health, statistics and risk just what in science is more certain than human-caused climate change, what is about the same, and what is less. They said gravity is a good example of something more certain than climate change. Climate change "is not as sure as if you drop a stone it will hit the Earth," Princeton University climate scientist Michael Oppenheimer said. "It's not as certain, but it's close." Arizona State University physicist Lawrence Krauss said the 95 percent quoted for climate change is equivalent to the current certainty among physicists that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. The president of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences, Ralph Cicerone, and more than a dozen other scientists contacted by the AP said the 95 percent certainty regarding climate change is most similar to the confidence scientists have in the decades' worth of evidence that cigarettes are deadly. Jeff Severinghaus, a geoscientist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, said that through the use of radioactive isotopes, scientists are more than 99 percent sure that much of the carbon in the air has human fingerprints on it. And because of basic physics, scientists are 99 percent certain that carbon traps heat in what is called the greenhouse effect.

Some climate-change deniers have looked at 95 percent and scoffed.

Well, garbage in....garbage out.

yep, it's part of the globe if you haven't looked lately. LoSiNg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
154084_600.jpg
Another cartoon brained moron posts more braindead drivel after his denier cult bullshit got debunked.

And still no data sets. hmmm..LoSiNg

By Terrell Johnson
Mar 24, 2014
(excerpts)

Silly troll!

You defended your OP, how, by giving us a link to an article that explains there is no data to support the assertion you claim.

Post the temperatures.

There's one of the forum nutjobs, totally enamored with his own insanity in starting another thread of deranged denier cult drivel that has no connection to the scientific evidence supporting AGW/CC. More irrelevant idiocy.

"... no connection to the scientific evidence supporting AGW/CC."

That would be zero.

There's one of the forum nutjobs, totally enamored with his own insanity in starting another thread of deranged denier cult drivel that has no connection to the scientific evidence supporting AGW/CC. More irrelevant idiocy.
"... no connection to the scientific evidence supporting AGW/CC."
That would be zero.
Only if you're referring to your own intelligence quotient. The sane people are discussing the science supporting AGW/CC, and you bamboozled denier cult nutjobs are obsessed with politics and psycho-babble that have nothing to do with the reality of a rapidly warming planet. You've lost the science part of the debate so you are reduced to this kind of meaningless twaddle.

You defended your OP, how, by giving us a link to an article that explains there is no data to support the assertion you claim. Post the temperatures.
More precisely, links to hyperbole and links to failed models, neither of which are empirical evidence of any sort.
You crackpots are too stupid to understand the evidence that the world's scientists have used to reach their conclusions. The evidence and data are all available if you look. Your denier cult propaganda meme is to claim that there is no supporting evidence and demand to see it, but this is just another variation on your insane conspiracy theories about the entire world scientific community being involved in a huge hoax.

It is not that there is no evidence, it is a case of you deniers refusing to believe the evidence because the reality of the AGW situation the world is in challenges the ideological/political/economic fantasies about unregulated free-market capitalism that you've been brainwashed into fervently and insanely believing.

Evidence

CO2 absorption of infrared (IR), theory:
*Kouzov, A. P., & Chrysos, M. (2009). Collision-induced absorption by CO 2 in the far infrared: Analysis of leading-order moments and interpretation of the experiment. Physical Review A, 80(4), 042703.
*Chrysos, M., Kouzov, A. P., Egorova, N. I., & Rachet, F. (2008 ). Exact Low-Order Classical Moments in Collision-Induced Bands by Linear Rotors: CO 2-CO 2. Physical review letters, 100(13), 133007.
*Buldyreva, J., & Chrysos, M. (2001). Semiclassical modeling of infrared pressure-broadened linewidths: A comparative analysis in CO2–Ar at various temperatures. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 115(16), 7436-7441.
*Kratz, D. P., Gao, B. C., & Kiehl, J. T. (1991). A study of the radiative effects of the 9.4‐and 10.4‐micron bands of carbon dioxide. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 96(D5), 9021-9026.
*Stull, V. R., Wyatt, P. J., & Plass, G. N. (1964). The infrared transmittance of carbon dioxide. Applied Optics, 3(2), 243-254.

CO2 absorption of IR, laboratory measurements:
*R.A. Toth, et al., Spectroscopic database of CO2 line parameters: 4300–7000 cm−1, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 109:6, April 2008, 906-921.
*Predoi-Cross, A., Unni, A. V., Liu, W., Schofield, I., Holladay, C., McKellar, A. R. W., & Hurtmans, D. (2007). Line shape parameters measurement and computations for self-broadened carbon dioxide transitions in the 30012← 00001 and 30013← 00001 bands, line mixing, and speed dependence. Journal of molecular spectroscopy, 245(1), 34-51.
*Miller, C. E., & Brown, L. R. (2004). Near infrared spectroscopy of carbon dioxide I.[sup] 16[/sup] O[sup] 12[/sup] C[sup] 16[/sup] O line positions. Journal of molecular spectroscopy, 228(2), 329-354.
*Niro, F., Boulet, C., & Hartmann, J. M. (2004). Spectra calculations in central and wing regions of CO[sub] 2[/sub] IR bands between 10 and 20μm. I: model and laboratory measurements. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 88(4), 483-498.
*Benec'h, S., Rachet, F., Chrysos, M., Buldyreva, J., & Bonamy, L. (2002). On far‐wing Raman profiles by CO2. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 33(11‐12), 934-940.

Earth's upward emission of IR:
*Murphy, D. M., Solomon, S., Portmann, R. W., Rosenlof, K. H., Forster, P. M., & Wong, T. (2009). An observationally based energy balance for the Earth since 1950. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 114(D17).
*Trenberth, K. E., Fasullo, J. T., & Kiehl, J. (2009). Earth's global energy budget. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 90(3).
*Wong, T., Wielicki, B. A., Lee III, R. B., Smith, G. L., Bush, K. A., & Willis, J. K. (2006). Reexamination of the observed decadal variability of the earth radiation budget using altitude-corrected ERBE/ERBS nonscanner WFOV data. Journal of Climate, 19(16).
*Harries, J. E. (2000). Physics of the Earth's radiative energy balance. Contemporary Physics, 41(5), 309-322.
*Kyle, H. L., Arking, A., Hickey, J. R., Ardanuy, P. E., Jacobowitz, H., Stowe, L. L., ... & Smith, G. L. (1993). The Nimbus Earth radiation budget (ERB) experiment: 1975 to 1992. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 74(5), 815-830.
*Barkstrom, B. R. (1984). The earth radiation budget experiment (ERBE). Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 65(11), 1170-1185.

Changes in Earth's upward IR emission as a result of increased CO2 in the atmosphere:
*Gastineau, G., Soden, B. J., Jackson, D. L., & O'Dell, C. W. (2014). Satellite-Based Reconstruction of the Tropical Oceanic Clear-Sky Outgoing Longwave Radiation and Comparison with Climate Models. Journal of Climate, 27(2).
*Chapman, D., Nguyen, P., & Halem, M. (2013, May). A decade of measured greenhouse forcings from AIRS. In SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing (pp. 874313-874313). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
*Chen, C., Harries, J., Brindley, H., & Ringer, M. (2007). Spectral signatures of climate change in the Earth's infrared spectrum between 1970 and 2006. Retrieved October, 13, 2009.
*Griggs, J. A., & Harries, J. E. (2007). Comparison of Spectrally Resolved Outgoing Longwave Radiation over the Tropical Pacific between 1970 and 2003 Using IRIS, IMG, and AIRS. Journal of climate, 20(15).
*Griggs, J. A., & Harries, J. E. (2004, November). Comparison of spectrally resolved outgoing longwave data between 1970 and present. In Optical Science and Technology, the SPIE 49th Annual Meeting (pp. 164-174). International Society for Optics and Photonics.

Changes in downwelling infrared from the atmosphere as a result of increased CO2:
*Wang, K., & Liang, S. (2009). Global atmospheric downward longwave radiation over land surface under all‐sky conditions from 1973 to 2008. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 114(D19).
*Wild, M., Grieser, J., & Schär, C. (2008 ). Combined surface solar brightening and increasing greenhouse effect support recent intensification of the global land‐based hydrological cycle. Geophysical Research Letters, 35(17).
*Prata, F. (2008 ). The climatological record of clear‐sky longwave radiation at the Earth's surface: evidence for water vapour feedback?. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 29(17-18 ), 5247-5263.
*Allan, R. P. (2006). Variability in clear‐sky longwave radiative cooling of the atmosphere. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 111(D22).
*Philipona, R., Dürr, B., Marty, C., Ohmura, A., & Wild, M. (2004). Radiative forcing‐measured at Earth's surface‐corroborate the increasing greenhouse effect. Geophysical Research Letters, 31(3).

Formal determination of CO2-temperature causality:
* Attanasio, A., Pasini, A., & Triacca, U. (2013). Granger Causality Analyses for Climatic Attribution. Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 3, 515.
* Attanasio, A. (2012). Testing for linear Granger causality from natural/anthropogenic forcings to global temperature anomalies. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 110(1-2), 281-289.
* Attanasio, A., Pasini, A., & Triacca, U. (2012). A contribution to attribution of recent global warming by out‐of‐sample Granger causality analysis. Atmospheric Science Letters, 13(1), 67-72.
* Kodra, E., Chatterjee, S., & Ganguly, A. R. (2011). Exploring Granger causality between global average observed time series of carbon dioxide and temperature. Theoretical and applied climatology, 104(3-4), 325-335.
* Verdes, P. F. (2005). Assessing causality from multivariate time series. PHYSICAL REVIEW-SERIES E-, 72(2), 026222.

You defended your OP, how, by giving us a link to an article that explains there is no data to support the assertion you claim. Post the temperatures.
More precisely, links to hyperbole and links to failed models, neither of which are empirical evidence of any sort.
You crackpots are too stupid to understand the evidence that the world's scientists have used to reach their conclusions. The evidence and data are all available if you look. Your denier cult propaganda meme is to claim that there is no supporting evidence and demand to see it, but this is just another variation on your insane conspiracy theories about the entire world scientific community being involved in a huge hoax.

It is not that there is no evidence, it is a case of you deniers refusing to believe the evidence because the reality of the AGW situation the world is in challenges the ideological/political/economic fantasies about unregulated free-market capitalism that you've been brainwashed into fervently and insanely believing.

Evidence

CO2 absorption of infrared (IR), theory:
*Kouzov, A. P., & Chrysos, M. (2009). Collision-induced absorption by CO 2 in the far infrared: Analysis of leading-order moments and interpretation of the experiment. Physical Review A, 80(4), 042703.
*Chrysos, M., Kouzov, A. P., Egorova, N. I., & Rachet, F. (2008 ). Exact Low-Order Classical Moments in Collision-Induced Bands by Linear Rotors: CO 2-CO 2. Physical review letters, 100(13), 133007.
*Buldyreva, J., & Chrysos, M. (2001). Semiclassical modeling of infrared pressure-broadened linewidths: A comparative analysis in CO2–Ar at various temperatures. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 115(16), 7436-7441.
*Kratz, D. P., Gao, B. C., & Kiehl, J. T. (1991). A study of the radiative effects of the 9.4‐and 10.4‐micron bands of carbon dioxide. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 96(D5), 9021-9026.
*Stull, V. R., Wyatt, P. J., & Plass, G. N. (1964). The infrared transmittance of carbon dioxide. Applied Optics, 3(2), 243-254.

CO2 absorption of IR, laboratory measurements:
*R.A. Toth, et al., Spectroscopic database of CO2 line parameters: 4300–7000 cm−1, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 109:6, April 2008, 906-921.
*Predoi-Cross, A., Unni, A. V., Liu, W., Schofield, I., Holladay, C., McKellar, A. R. W., & Hurtmans, D. (2007). Line shape parameters measurement and computations for self-broadened carbon dioxide transitions in the 30012← 00001 and 30013← 00001 bands, line mixing, and speed dependence. Journal of molecular spectroscopy, 245(1), 34-51.
*Miller, C. E., & Brown, L. R. (2004). Near infrared spectroscopy of carbon dioxide I.[sup] 16[/sup] O[sup] 12[/sup] C[sup] 16[/sup] O line positions. Journal of molecular spectroscopy, 228(2), 329-354.
*Niro, F., Boulet, C., & Hartmann, J. M. (2004). Spectra calculations in central and wing regions of CO[sub] 2[/sub] IR bands between 10 and 20μm. I: model and laboratory measurements. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 88(4), 483-498.
*Benec'h, S., Rachet, F., Chrysos, M., Buldyreva, J., & Bonamy, L. (2002). On far‐wing Raman profiles by CO2. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 33(11‐12), 934-940.

Earth's upward emission of IR:
*Murphy, D. M., Solomon, S., Portmann, R. W., Rosenlof, K. H., Forster, P. M., & Wong, T. (2009). An observationally based energy balance for the Earth since 1950. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 114(D17).
*Trenberth, K. E., Fasullo, J. T., & Kiehl, J. (2009). Earth's global energy budget. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 90(3).
*Wong, T., Wielicki, B. A., Lee III, R. B., Smith, G. L., Bush, K. A., & Willis, J. K. (2006). Reexamination of the observed decadal variability of the earth radiation budget using altitude-corrected ERBE/ERBS nonscanner WFOV data. Journal of Climate, 19(16).
*Harries, J. E. (2000). Physics of the Earth's radiative energy balance. Contemporary Physics, 41(5), 309-322.
*Kyle, H. L., Arking, A., Hickey, J. R., Ardanuy, P. E., Jacobowitz, H., Stowe, L. L., ... & Smith, G. L. (1993). The Nimbus Earth radiation budget (ERB) experiment: 1975 to 1992. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 74(5), 815-830.
*Barkstrom, B. R. (1984). The earth radiation budget experiment (ERBE). Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 65(11), 1170-1185.

Changes in Earth's upward IR emission as a result of increased CO2 in the atmosphere:
*Gastineau, G., Soden, B. J., Jackson, D. L., & O'Dell, C. W. (2014). Satellite-Based Reconstruction of the Tropical Oceanic Clear-Sky Outgoing Longwave Radiation and Comparison with Climate Models. Journal of Climate, 27(2).
*Chapman, D., Nguyen, P., & Halem, M. (2013, May). A decade of measured greenhouse forcings from AIRS. In SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing (pp. 874313-874313). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
*Chen, C., Harries, J., Brindley, H., & Ringer, M. (2007). Spectral signatures of climate change in the Earth's infrared spectrum between 1970 and 2006. Retrieved October, 13, 2009.
*Griggs, J. A., & Harries, J. E. (2007). Comparison of Spectrally Resolved Outgoing Longwave Radiation over the Tropical Pacific between 1970 and 2003 Using IRIS, IMG, and AIRS. Journal of climate, 20(15).
*Griggs, J. A., & Harries, J. E. (2004, November). Comparison of spectrally resolved outgoing longwave data between 1970 and present. In Optical Science and Technology, the SPIE 49th Annual Meeting (pp. 164-174). International Society for Optics and Photonics.

Changes in downwelling infrared from the atmosphere as a result of increased CO2:
*Wang, K., & Liang, S. (2009). Global atmospheric downward longwave radiation over land surface under all‐sky conditions from 1973 to 2008. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 114(D19).
*Wild, M., Grieser, J., & Schär, C. (2008 ). Combined surface solar brightening and increasing greenhouse effect support recent intensification of the global land‐based hydrological cycle. Geophysical Research Letters, 35(17).
*Prata, F. (2008 ). The climatological record of clear‐sky longwave radiation at the Earth's surface: evidence for water vapour feedback?. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 29(17-18 ), 5247-5263.
*Allan, R. P. (2006). Variability in clear‐sky longwave radiative cooling of the atmosphere. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (1984–2012), 111(D22).
*Philipona, R., Dürr, B., Marty, C., Ohmura, A., & Wild, M. (2004). Radiative forcing‐measured at Earth's surface‐corroborate the increasing greenhouse effect. Geophysical Research Letters, 31(3).

Formal determination of CO2-temperature causality:
* Attanasio, A., Pasini, A., & Triacca, U. (2013). Granger Causality Analyses for Climatic Attribution. Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 3, 515.
* Attanasio, A. (2012). Testing for linear Granger causality from natural/anthropogenic forcings to global temperature anomalies. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 110(1-2), 281-289.
* Attanasio, A., Pasini, A., & Triacca, U. (2012). A contribution to attribution of recent global warming by out‐of‐sample Granger causality analysis. Atmospheric Science Letters, 13(1), 67-72.
* Kodra, E., Chatterjee, S., & Ganguly, A. R. (2011). Exploring Granger causality between global average observed time series of carbon dioxide and temperature. Theoretical and applied climatology, 104(3-4), 325-335.
* Verdes, P. F. (2005). Assessing causality from multivariate time series. PHYSICAL REVIEW-SERIES E-, 72(2), 026222.
[red highlighting is mine]

Crick, Your wall o-shit is just that.. shit!

I understand the theroy of CO2 and how it functions in our atmosphere. I have even done the experiments. What you fail to accept is the closed cylinder of a lab and our OPEN system of the earth are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS.

All of the papers you have listed used MODELING to state their outcomes. The models predictive performance is ZERO... They have all failed to produce observable output which even remotely reflect actual observations.

I can go into a long dissertation why each of these papers has significant problems. Their basis starts from a preconceived or desired outcome along with copious amounts of grant funding.

Tell me Crick, when you apply a 30% water vapor content between that gas cylinder in the lab and its green screen what happens to the received energy?

Forum List

Back