2016 Cowboys Classic will be Alabama v. USC

Another big money college game! Played at a stadium at least partially financed by local taxpayers, who may or may not even LIKE footsbawl!

How much are each teams Universities getting paid?

My Dad is USC Class of 1965 by the way. But I don't care who "wins" this.

Another big money college game! Played at a stadium at least partially financed by local taxpayers, who may or may not even LIKE footsbawl!

Oh please. So you expect people to only pay taxes for things they LIKE? LMAO!!

There will be millions of dollars pumped into the local economy. I bet most people like that.

The teams will each get a nice check, I'm sure. Plus they will get excellent exposure, so they can recruit better players and make even MORE money.

Oh, and in case you are as knowledgeable about this as you were about the Penn State scandal, the money earned by the football programs supports the entire athletic dept, and in many cases, also helps support the academics at their respective universities. And many of the players on BOTH teams will be able to get their degrees without getting tens of thousands of dollars in debt. How do the tax payers feel about that?

Oh, and to continue your sports education, let me help you out a bit.

Alabama gave up a home game to play in the Cowboy Classic. And our stadium holds more people than Jerry World, so there is less revenue to the Crimson Tide. Add in the extra money spent traveling to the venue, and you can see Bama is making less than they would at a home game.

But the exposure and extra recruiting the game presents makes it worth it.

You know, I get that not everyone likes college football. I have no problem with that.

But this ever-increasing trend of bashing whatever isn't your thing is ridiculous.

Don't like college football? Other than me, you (Mad Scientist) have posted more in these two threads than anyone else. Why?

This negativity is a big part of what is wrong with the world. No, not being a college football fan is not harming the world. But this incessant picking and whining and trying to find any fault, whether it is legitimate or not, is flooding our world with nastiness that is ruining so much.

Don't like college football? Then why waste your fucking time posting about it? Why not join a thrilling conversation about something you give a damn about, rather than trying to rain on a topic many of us love.

Flew to the TCU v BYU a few years ago in Jones' venue.

Worst played game in both teams' histories, the refs melted the last nine minutes, and the experience was still fantastic. And with the seventh game of the world series on.

And the limo from the gaylord and back was cheap

Forum List

Back