2020 Country Muisc "Essential" Albums

I'm sorry but I can't stand most country music. 90% of it seems to be some alcoholic lamenting the fact that his woman left him because he got drunk too much and mistreated her.

You obviously don't really know country music.

Most commercial country music is what he described and what most people know.

I think any genre of music created for the masses has its flaws to be sure. You can often listen to a new voice in music and find years later that the group/singer has lost something in the evolution of their musical career.

Country music lyrics are simplistic, to be sure, but so are the rest.

I once read a study that gave music lyrics a grade and it was pretty pitiful for all of them. I think tock came in at about 3rd grade and country came in first at a fifth grade level. I thought OMG.

It's what most people want. Nothing is going to change that I suppose.

I like Alternative Country Music or Americana or whatever you want to call it. I do not care for the truck and beer country music either but whatever. There are good sources now for what I like.

I'm sorry but I can't stand most country music. 90% of it seems to be some alcoholic lamenting the fact that his woman left him because he got drunk too much and mistreated her.

I think any genre of music created for the masses has its flaws to be sure. You can often listen to a new voice in music and find years later that the group/singer has lost something in the evolution of their musical career.

I once read a study that gave music lyrics a grade and it was pretty pitiful for all of them. I think tock came in at about 3rd grade and country came in first at a fifth grade level. I thought OMG.

I like Alternative Country Music or Americana or whatever you want to call it. I do not care for the truck and beer country music either but whatever. There are good sources now for what I like.

Yeah. James listens to this "outlaw" country when he's got the radio on.

I enjoy just about all music. Old, new, country, metal, Mozart and just about everything in between.

Not rap, though.

Yeah. James listens to this "outlaw" country when he's got the radio on.

I enjoy just about all music. Old, new, country, metal, Mozart and just about everything in between.

Not rap, though.

I do acknowledge the talent of someone like Eminem. It's not generally something I listen to either but I would listen to him before Luke Bryan.

I think tock came in at about 3rd grade and country came in first at a fifth grade level. I thought OMG.
I had a newspaper editor tell me once that you should write at a 4th grade level- so, I guess Country Music exceeds that-

Well now you just look ridiculous.
Your opinion is stupid- as in, you looked ridiculous previously and now you want to put the onus on someone else- indicating, you believe you're special-

Forum List

Back