2022 World Series Another Cheater Series

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
The Astros' Maldanado uses an illegal bat in game 1. Where do the Astros get their cheating habits from?

"Had the Astros won Game 1, then Phillies fans would have every right to be angry. Thankfully, the baseball gods did not gift us another scandal"

Where do the Astros get their cheating habits from?
The tradition of cheating in baseball is as old as the game itself. There has never been a time in the history of baseball where cheating, in one form or another, hasn’t been part of the game. It’s gotten more technical but nothing has really changed in 100+ years.

The Astros' Maldanado uses an illegal bat in game 1. Where do the Astros get their cheating habits from?

"Had the Astros won Game 1, then Phillies fans would have every right to be angry. Thankfully, the baseball gods did not gift us another scandal"

Do you understand why the bat is illegal?

Do you understand why the bat is illegal?
Of course I do. Why, don't you?

"According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, “A player may use a maple bat, but it has to meet MLB standards for slope of grain, among other items, the official said.” Pujols got the bat grandfathered in since he made his debut in 2001, far before the rule, and was already accustomed to his bats"

"The league reportedly didn’t see any performance advantages to using the bat, but the rule is in place as a safety standard. According to Sherman, “MLB considers that brand a riskier bat because it has a greater chance of splintering into multiple pieces.”

Now here is what I say is BS...

"It’s such a subtle rule that most players probably wouldn’t know of unless violated, like in Maldonado’s case"

Last edited:
Of course I do. Why, don't you?

"According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, “A player may use a maple bat, but it has to meet MLB standards for slope of grain, among other items, the official said.” Pujols got the bat grandfathered in since he made his debut in 2001, far before the rule, and was already accustomed to his bats"

"The league reportedly didn’t see any performance advantages to using the bat, but the rule is in place as a safety standard. According to Sherman, “MLB considers that brand a riskier bat because it has a greater chance of splintering into multiple pieces.”

Now here is what I say is BS...

"It’s such a subtle rule that most players probably wouldn’t know of unless violated, like in Maldonado’s case"

In other words the bat gave him zero advantage.
And of course I know why the bat couldnt be used but since you didnt mention the reason I have to assume you didnt know.

In other words the bat gave him zero advantage.
And of course I know why the bat couldnt be used but since you didnt mention the reason I have to assume you didnt know.
What the advantage wouldn't be, hmmm. I guess he didn't think that a dozen maple bats from Puhols was an advantage. Hmmm, again.

Pujols got the bat grandfathered in since he made his debut in 2001, far before the rule, and was already accustomed to his bats"
Soooooooo you are telling me that only Pujols is allowed to "cheat" with an illegal bat? I guess we have to put an asterisk by his home run total. Gimme a break. What the Astros did in 2017 was over the top, but this is fishing for excuses.

Soooooooo you are telling me that only Pujols is allowed to "cheat" with an illegal bat? I guess we have to put an asterisk by his home run total. Gimme a break. What the Astros did in 2017 was over the top, but this is fishing for excuses.
Yes, they were given to Maldando. He even used them when he played with Pujols for the Angels. Why would he not use any other bats if he DIDN'T think it would give himself an advantage?

Yes, they were given to Maldando. He even used them when he played with Pujols for the Angels. Why would he not use any other bats if he DIDN'T think it would give himself an advantage?
In the realm of "cheating" this is really splitting hairs. Phillies still have a shot, they have a great lineup and if they get off to a good start, I'm looking for at least a game 7 and Phillies maybe taking it.

In the realm of "cheating" this is really splitting hairs. Phillies still have a shot, they have a great lineup and if they get off to a good start, I'm looking for at least a game 7 and Phillies maybe taking it.
"splitting hairs" like players don't know the rules type of "splitting hairs" type?

The bats are MLB illegal.
Is Maldanado going to use other than Pujols' bats now?

"splitting hairs" like players don't know the rules type of "splitting hairs" type?

The bats are MLB illegal.
Is Maldanado going to use other than Pujols' bats now?
A corked bat is clearly cheating, but if you are telling me Pujols is allowed to use it that tells me there is no significant issue with it. Doesn't seem like a big deal. So is Maldonado going to be suspended or something.?

Time honored tradition in Houston Astros history. Other teams cheat too though.

Those that cheat the best want to win the most. Just ask the Patriots.

The Phillies may want to look into mail in ballots for the next baseball draft

Wink, wink. nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean?
Well, if MLB investigates and finds nothing...I would know what you mean. Didn't that happen to someone you love? They claimed there was fraud but found none?

However, unlike what happened to you and your lover...MLB did investigate and found cheating.

Forum List

Back