2023 Corvette Stingray

My Dad had a '56 Corvette convertible back in the late 50's. Every year, he'd pile one of my brothers and I in it and drive from Chicago to SW Arkansas. I'd always know we were getting close when south of St. Louis he'd stop at a gas station, and there were moths the size of birds flying around the street lights.

The Corvette supposedly got stolen, stripped, and burned in Lombard, IL in the early '60's but I've always suspected he pulled off an insurance job. He was kinda like that.

Corvette used to be "The American" sports car.
It was unique because of being rear wheel drive.
Plus, the owner could do maintenance on the engine in his garage.

But the new body style rear engine Corvette's looks like just every other European sports car.
Also, since the engine is buried soo deep in the back of the car.
The owner can't really perform any maintenance on the engine or drive train like the could with the front engine Corvette.

Corvette used to be "The American" sports car.
It was unique because of being rear wheel drive.
Plus, the owner could do maintenance on the engine in his garage.

But the new body style rear engine Corvette's looks like just every other European sports car.
Also, since the engine is buried soo deep in the back of the car.
The owner can't really perform any maintenance on the engine or drive train like the could with the front engine Corvette.

Most people can't work on their own vehicles anymore anyway. If you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing, you can fuck up the electronics where it won't run right.....or at all.

I was talking about simple things like changing your own oil and filter or spark plugs.
Can't do none of that on the new rear engine Corvette without a full size shop lift and specialized tools.

Forum List

Back