2023 State of the Union Address

I didn’t watch Biden’s speech because I’m pretty sure I knew what he was going to say.

I did watch the post speech analysis on MSNBC. The speech must have been a loser because all they talked about was Trump, McConnell, McCarthy and MTG. They said nothing about the speech.
You're lying again.

FodYjnLXEAYofBe

From today's 'The Hill':

"Some House Republicans have floated the idea of reforms to entitlement programs as part of debt ceiling negotiations......

"Biden said that “instead of making the wealthy pay their fair share, some Republicans, some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset,” eliciting loud boos from GOP lawmakers in the chamber.

Speaking over the raucous response, the president insisted, “Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a copy ......“It is being proposed by individuals. I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by some of you,” Biden said.

"Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) on Wednesday defended his proposal to sunset all federal legislation after five years...... “In my plan, I suggested the following: All federal legislation sunsets in five years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” Scott said in a statement following Biden’s address to a joint session of Congress.

From Newsweek, today:
"In August, Republican Senator Ron Johnson suggested Medicare and Social Security should cease being federal entitlement programs, and instead require approval every year as "discretionary spending."

Forum List

Back