23 Baltimore schools have zero students proficient in math, per state test results

I know an LAUSD guy, he got assigned the remedial auto shop, the worst of the worst.

When he got to class the kids were all yelling and smoking and fighting - and he just stood there at his desk and watched em for a minute...

Till they kinda noticed he was there ...

Then he smiled and said "so who wants to learn how to hotwire a car".

60 days later those kids knew all about ignition systems, and a lot of other stuff too - because he got them interested, and he got them to pay attention.
Well there you go, get in the classroom I bet those kids will be yearning for your teaching ability.

As stated...when you consider the intellect of some folks here who claim to be educators, it's easy to see why the students are so poorly served.

Well there you go, get in the classroom I bet those kids will be yearning for your teaching ability.
He's claimed to be an elections security expert, a musician, and a lawyer... I'm sure scruffy could pull off pretending to be a teacher too.

You're not a fellow anything.

I doubt you're even a conservative.

Conservatives believe in PERSONAL responsibility.

They don't go blaming children.
So then if you want the best people to teach plan on paying more to attract them. And don't repeat the lies about a labor shortage. That's bogus.

I know an LAUSD guy, he got assigned the remedial auto shop, the worst of the worst.

When he got to class the kids were all yelling and smoking and fighting - and he just stood there at his desk and watched em for a minute...

Till they kinda noticed he was there ...

Then he smiled and said "so who wants to learn how to hotwire a car".

60 days later those kids knew all about ignition systems, and a lot of other stuff too - because he got them interested, and he got them to pay attention.
Yeah..because they wanted to learn that subject.

But try to get them to pay attention to Algebra. Or English Composition.

Kids have to know that they HAVE to learn basic stuff in order to get a high school diploma. It’s not too early for them to learn that you have to do stuff you don’t want to do. They’re going to have to get jobs one day and do all sorts of crap. Such is life.

You're not a fellow anything.

I doubt you're even a conservative.

Conservatives believe in PERSONAL responsibility.

They don't go blaming children.
Then blame the parents. If I ever came home with a C, I had all activities curtailed until I raised my grades. The parents of these kids don’t care - they themselves are irresponsible.

My 15 year old daughter can teach math to ANYONE.

If she can do it, you can do it too.

If you can't, don't. Don't even try.

A lot of people could teach math to anyone one-on-one. Put your 15 year old in a class room with 30 students of differing skill levels and 30 sets of parents that will attack her if she does not raise their children for them. She will not have the same success.

Yeah..because they wanted to learn that subject.

But try to get them to pay attention to Algebra. Or English Composition.

Kids have to know that they HAVE to learn basic stuff in order to get a high school diploma. It’s not too early for them to learn that you have to do stuff you don’t want to do. They’re going to have to get jobs one day and do all sorts of crap. Such is life.
The JOB of a teacher is to get the kids interested.

How the hell you gonna teach em anything if they're not interested?

I mean goddammit, you gonna MEMORIZE all the series expansions for your AP math? You're gonna know the difference between 1822 and 1823 that way? I doubt it.

Yes, I know. It's all THAT tribe's fault. That one, over there.

I know.
Liberals has been over education for years now. Liberalism destroys anything it touches and in a few years we are going to have thousands of young adults suing your party for influencing them to transform.

It's called internship, you stupid twit

Where do you live? Bumfuck Idaho?

Your 15 year old had an internship teaching math classes?

giphy.gif

A lot of people could teach math to anyone one-on-one. Put your 15 year old in a class room with 30 students of differing skill levels and 30 sets of parents that will attack her if she does not raise their children for them. She will not have the same success.
Okay, now you're on to something.

Teachers have TA's so their students CAN go one on one.

The problem is, the goddamn school districts are afraid of lawsuits, so no more early morning extra credit and no more after school classes either. No crystal radios, no chemistry sets, no model boats.

The teachers who care, sometimes use their own houses on the weekend. And yes, they're fully aware of the liabilities. And so are the parents of the kids who bring them there

They were able to do it in the past. We are seeing the results of taking discipline out of school and giving everyone a trophy. Liberalism destroys anything it touches.

Liberals has been over education for years now. Liberalism destroys anything it touches and in a few years we are going to have thousands of young adults suing your party for influencing them to transform.
My party? More ignorance. It doesn't stop.

Not everyone is like you. Not all of us are obedient partisan sheep. True story.

Forum List

Back