25% of republican voters say they would vote for Hillary over Trump

But of course, the entire concept of polling must be thrown out if you don't like the results, right? Because you were perfectly fine with USA Today polling when you cited it in 2014

And in a completely unrelated question.....have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

Congratulations. You win the pompous asshole of the night award.

I'm wrong. You're right. I know when I'm bested. 25% of 55 million Republicans are definitely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, are going to vote for Hillary. And we'll have O-Blame-O's third term because around 1500 kids said so. Got it. :cuckoo:

By the way, did you go back and search my 2014 posts before writing this?

"Because you were perfectly fine with USA Today polling when you cited it in 2014"

I may have but I doubt it. I don't put much credence in polls due to their small base and the large population of this country. If so, please provide the link. If you really did search my 2014 posts, that's obsessive creepy. I will own up to if I did. Which still leaves you at creepy.

But of course, the entire concept of polling must be thrown out if you don't like the results, right? Because you were perfectly fine with USA Today polling when you cited it in 2014

And in a completely unrelated question.....have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

Congratulations. You win the pompous asshole of the night award.

I'm wrong. You're right. I know when I'm bested. 25% of 55 million Republicans are definitely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, are going to vote for Hillary. And we'll have O-Blame-O's third term because around 1500 kids said so. Got it. :cuckoo:

And how large was the polling sample in the USA today poll that you cited?

By the way, did you go back and search my 2014 posts before writing this?

I just typed your name and the word 'poll'. It came right up. You gave off an aire of someone who didn't believe their own bullshit.

And It took all of 8 seconds to confirm.

25% blah, blah, blah........ I cannot believe that I can't blame them.

The Republican Party is definitely having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment. It should be interesting to see what happens.

I just typed your name and the word 'poll'. It came right up. You gave off an aire of someone who didn't believe their own bullshit.

And It took all of 8 seconds to confirm.

I just did the same thing and only this thread came up.

Link the post from 2014 you're talking about. If I said it, I'll own it.

Link.

The people I know personally who support Trump are liberals. I was surprised to see so many posts on Facebook from lib friends that are pro-Trump. They hate Hillary. I only know two Bernie supporters and neither one has ever held a steady job.

Nothing makes sense with this election and it gets worse every year. I fear that so many decent people who would make great presidents just don't run because they know they'd be dragged through the mud and wouldn't get support from either party. Hillary acts like it's her right to get the job, as if it's owed to her. I'm sure there were promises made when the Dems chose Obama over her.

Bullshit. A true liberal supporting Trump: it isn't possible. His policies are fascist, not liberal or progressive.

The people I know personally who support Trump are liberals. I was surprised to see so many posts on Facebook from lib friends that are pro-Trump. They hate Hillary. I only know two Bernie supporters and neither one has ever held a steady job.

Nothing makes sense with this election and it gets worse every year. I fear that so many decent people who would make great presidents just don't run because they know they'd be dragged through the mud and wouldn't get support from either party. Hillary acts like it's her right to get the job, as if it's owed to her. I'm sure there were promises made when the Dems chose Obama over her.

Bullshit. A true liberal supporting Trump: it isn't possible. His policies are fascist, not liberal or progressive.
I love watching you wring your hands in consternation. It lets me know our republic is still alive.

I love watching you wring your hands in consternation. It lets me know our republic is still alive.
You are an idiot. I'm not defending anything. The reality of it is that anyone who believes in the principles of libreralism or progressive policies would not agree with Trump's policies. Look up the definitions instead of making such as stupid post. The things Trump says, the beliefs he seems to hold are contray to liberal and progressive principles. Look it up.

You are an idiot. I'm not defending anything. The reality of it is that anyone who believes in the principles of libreralism or progressive policies would not agree with Trump's policies. Look up the definitions instead of making such as stupid post. The things Trump says, the beliefs he seems to hold are contray to liberal and progressive principles. Look it up.

I know many who call themselves liberal and supported Obama in both elections. They hate Hillary and are supporting Trump. I will take your word that liberals would never support border security, cutting taxes, upholding the constitution or be willing to fight radical Muslims. I don't know that Trump would keep his word on those things, either.

If my friends, who call themselves liberal, support Trump, either they have always liked him or they are just confused people.
I think they are confused and ill-informed. Low level 'liberals' who don't understand the principles of liberalism.

I have liberal friends who have always supported Dems. They voted for Obama in the last two elections. They hate Hillary and are supporting Trump. I will not pretend to understand all those who call themselves liberals. I just know they claim to be liberal and normally spout the usual bullshit.

I will take your word that a true liberal would never support border security, tax cuts, upholding the constitution or be willing to fight radical Muslims. I don't know that Trump would keep his word on those things either.

Some I know who support liberal candidates also love their free shit. I think some equate the Dem party with more handouts and many don't have the slightest understanding of how the economy works and they don't discuss foreign policy or other difficult subjects. They just want to know how much more they will receive, courtesy of nanny government.

I think Bernie has some fans because some people do see him as one of their own. He never held a permanent job till he got into politics. He was always a loser who glommed off others. Now many see him as the leader of the couch potatoes who will crank up the freebie machine to full speed.

WTF are you talking about?

And stay tuned: the new poll out will Say if it's Trump the winner. 100% Republican voters would vote for that Bernie, a commie sympathizer nobody even knew he Existed until they threw him out to make it seem Hillary and that lovely party of theirs didn't screw their base of voters completely, by only Giving them HER to vote for. my gawd desperate people relies on BS polls

Last edited:

I know many who call themselves liberal and supported Obama in both elections. They hate Hillary and are supporting Trump. I will take your word that liberals would never support border security, cutting taxes, upholding the constitution or be willing to fight radical Muslims. I don't know that Trump would keep his word on those things, either.

If my friends, who call themselves liberal, support Trump, either they have always liked him or they are just confused people.
I think they are confused and ill-informed. Low level 'liberals' who don't understand the principles of liberalism.

Brace yourself. The truth is that Trump has the support of many Blue Dog Democrats.

Brace yourself. The truth is that Trump has the support of many Blue Dog Democrats.

Great, he'll need all the votes he can get.

"A new CNN poll released Thursday, taken before the spat with rival Ted Cruz over his wife, found that 73 percent of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump. That’s in line with a Reuters poll from last week that found more than half of American women hold a “very unfavorable” view of the billionaire.

“That gives him a huge number of voters he has to make up from somewhere,” said American University political science professor Karen O’Connor. “And I don’t know where they will come from.”

Opposition to Trump among women also extends to the GOP. A recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent of Republican women could not see themselves supporting Trump, a number significantly higher than for any other GOP candidate."

Trump faces daunting gender gap

"A new CNN poll released Thursday, taken before the spat with rival Ted Cruz over his wife, found that 73 percent of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump. That’s in line with a Reuters poll from last week that found more than half of American women hold a “very unfavorable” view of the billionaire.

“That gives him a huge number of voters he has to make up from somewhere,” said American University political science professor Karen O’Connor. “And I don’t know where they will come from.”

Opposition to Trump among women also extends to the GOP. A recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent of Republican women could not see themselves supporting Trump, a number significantly higher than for any other GOP candidate."

Kind of makes one question exactly who all these folks were that voted for Trump in all the state primaries he has won so far if no one is voting for him.

Kind of makes one question exactly who all these folks were that voted for Trump in all the state primaries he has won so far if no one is voting for him.

He had 30-40% support from Republican voters.
That means 70-60% don't support him. It's pretty simple.

Most of the reports I read stated that Trump also garnered support from many Democrat and Independent voters as well. These also stated that Trump garnered support all across the spectrum from the lesser educated voter to the higher educated voter. I guess it all depends upon who penned which report. If Trump leads the polls in a particular state by 50 %, that hardly equates to 60% disapproving now does it? Yes the math is simple. If Trump garners 40% of the registered Republican voters and garners 10% of those who were registered Democrat voters and another 10% of registered Independent voters, then I would submit the simple math that would indicate that he garners 60% of the overall vote.

Most of the reports I read stated that Trump also garnered support from many Democrat and Independent voters as well. These also stated that Trump garnered support all across the spectrum from the lesser educated voter to the higher educated voter. I guess it all depends upon who penned which report. If Trump leads the polls in a particular state by 50 %, that hardly equates to 60% disapproving now does it? Yes the math is simple. If Trump garners 40% of the registered Republican voters and garners 10% of those who were registered Democrat voters and another 10% of registered Independent voters, then I would submit the simple math that would indicate that he garners 60% of the overall vote.

Dude, the math is simple.

35% are Republicans. 40% x 35% = 14%
65% x 10% = 6.5%

14% + 6.5% = 20.5%

So even if your math is correct, that means 20% of Americans are voting for Trump and 80% are not.

And Trump's voters are about 60% male. So that means about 85% of females are not voting for Trump.

Forum List

Back