2024 undecided voters.

Toddssterpatriot and Kyzr, this is one of those unusual occasions where Toddssterpatriot and I agree with each other. I expect our conservative majority U.S. Supreme Court would also agree with you both.
However, until 52USC Ch. 301: FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS (house.gov) is tested in the courts, it is as it stands to be current U.S. federal law.

Not even U.S. Constitution's simply drafted first amendment is absolute in regard to freedom of speech issues. I hope some future USSC or U.S. Congress will revisit and remedy the Citizens United v. FEC decision.

Refer to Freedom of Speech: Historical Background | U.S. Constitution Annotated | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
“...But, in Schenck v. United States,16 the first of the post-World War I cases to reach the Court, Justice Holmes, in his opinion for the Court upholding convictions for violating the Espionage Act …
The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic
...The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent....”.

Also refer to a a great Don Ameche movie entitled “Things Change”. Respectfully, Supposn

Toddssterpatriot and Kyzr, this is one of those unusual occasions where Toddssterpatriot and I agree with each other.

Where did we agree? Be specific.

Forum List

Back